Page 502 of 585 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 8767
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I can only go by what Christians say they are for. An I don't understand how a majority of them support a man like Trump?
    I can't speak for them because I don't know what is in their hearts. But I would guess that they chose him as the lesser of two evils.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

“I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Do you guys follow Christ? Believe in the Bible as the written word of God? Because it not, then I have no reason to believe you are interested in putting Christ and his "platform" first or that you have no idea how a Christian should go about voting to be in line with God's will.

No offense intended here, but if you don't have the Holy Spirit in your heart, then you are corrupted by the enemy of Christ.
    I believe there is a divine being out there, but I do not believe the Bible is a perfect explanation of it as it's been tainted by the hands of man and politics since it's inception. In fact I grew up in a Christian home and (as I've said before in this thread) turned from the faith mainly because of hypocrisy in the church and it's followers. I'm fully lost to Christianity at this point, but if you care about preventing others from 'losing their faith' as I did then I suggest you don't compromise your faith voting for someone who says they'll end abortion before the next news cycle pops up with proof of them getting the woman they committed adultery with to have one.

Oh: That is quite offensive, not because of what you personally think of me but that you assume anyone who isn't a Christian is instantly a corrupt enemy of everything you believe. That's cult talk right there.

E:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I can't speak for them because I don't know what is in their hearts. But I would guess that they chose him as the lesser of two evils.
    The serial adultering, false witness bearing, avatar of greed who believes he has nothing to feel guilty for? If that's ever the 'lesser' evil in a Christian's opinion they they don't deserve the right to lie and say they revere Christ.
    Last edited by Dalak; 10-19-2018 at 03:12 PM.

I can only go by what Christians say they are for. An I don't understand how a majority of them support a man like Trump?
    From what I have seen here in California, Christians who voted for Trump mainly did it so they would get a Supreme Court nominee who was not going to be pro-abortion. Killing unborn children is a big enough deal in Christian circles to cause single issue voting.

I mean, me personally, Trump was off the table from the start. When he became the official nominee, it was harder to swallow because it meant voting for Clinton who is against so much I believe in but thats who I felt led by God to vote for. Interestingly, my very conservative parents and sisters arrived at the same conclusion independently about Trump - but I am pretty sure they did not vote Clinton.

Fortunately for all of us, God doesn't rely on Presidents or governments. We're all supposed to follow him and do his will regardless of whats happening in secular society.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I believe there is a divine being out there, but I do not believe the Bible is a perfect explanation of it as it's been tainted by the hands of man and politics since it's inception. In fact I grew up in a Christian home and (as I've said before in this thread) turned from the faith mainly because of hypocrisy in the church and it's followers. I'm fully lost to Christianity at this point, but if you care about preventing others from 'losing their faith' as I did then I suggest you don't compromise your faith voting for someone who says they'll end abortion before the next news cycle pops up with proof of them getting the woman they committed adultery with to have one.

Oh: That is quite offensive, not because of what you personally think of me but that you assume anyone who isn't a Christian is instantly a corrupt enemy of everything you believe. That's cult talk right there.
    Its not what I personally think of you. I think you are a basically decent person who cares about alot of the things Christ cares about. Your Christian upbringing might have influenced who you are or maybe you came about having compassion towards others another way. Either way its an admirable quality.

But if I took spiritual advice on voting from you, who has expressly stated you don't believe what I do, then that would be pretty foolish of me.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

E:

The serial adultering, false witness bearing, avatar of greed who believes he has nothing to feel guilty for? If that's ever the 'lesser' evil in a Christian's opinion they they don't deserve the right to lie and say they revere Christ.
    Everything you just described about Trump also describes Clinton and most politicians. So again, I really don't see much difference.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Its not what I personally think of you. I think you are a basically decent person who cares about alot of the things Christ cares about. Your Christian upbringing might have influenced who you are or maybe you came about having compassion towards others another way. Either way its an admirable quality.

But if I took spiritual advice on voting from you, who has expressly stated you don't believe what I do, then that would be pretty foolish of me.
    You aren't willing to take the advice of someone who was literally pushed away from Christianity by the Single Issue Voting you describe, but you'd take the word of anyone who just says they believe the same thing you do whether they actually do or not. You don't know how much that depresses and saddens me.

I don't support forcing my beliefs on others, and while I'd never ask for an abortion for any child of mine I helped a friend get herself one as she was in no position to raise a child herself. I've also posted in this thread about the policies conservatives support that make it harder for children to be adopted into loving families or prevent the pregnancies before adoption is an option. If those you describe truly want to prevent abortions, they should go to the clinics and directly offer to adopt the children and/or pass out condoms and birth control pills.

E: The exact thing I was describing has just applied to folks beyond just LGBT: South Carolina Is Lobbying to Allow Discrimination Against Jewish Parents

Everything you just described about Trump also describes Clinton and most politicians. So again, I really don't see much difference.
    Oh? I assume you can point out the proof Hillary was an adulterer then. And where she's made it her mission in office to enrich herself and her family. Or where she's said in multiple interviews that she's done nothing wrong and and has nothing to feel guilty for.

I could go on, but the Both Siderism is strong with you and you also seem unwilling to hear any contradiction to what you already believe even if it isn't tied to your faith.
    Last edited by Dalak; 10-19-2018 at 05:47 PM.

That is completely and verifiably untrue. You want to believe that so you can turn away from the truth of who Trump is. Because you see a chance at abortion being outlawed.

Meanwhile the country goes into the toilet.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Oh? I assume you can point out the proof Hillary was an adulterer then. And where she's made it her mission in office to enrich herself and her family. Or where she's said in multiple interviews that she's done nothing wrong and and has nothing to feel guilty for.
    Are you serious?? Do you watch the news or keep up with this stuff? The Clintons are involved in so many scandals it would make your head spin. But if you're a liberal than you're not going to believe any of it, so I'm not going to waste my time listing it all.

That is completely and verifiably untrue. You want to believe that so you can turn away from the truth of who Trump is. Because you see a chance at abortion being outlawed.

Meanwhile the country goes into the toilet.
    How is it untrue? The latter part of it can't be verified as true or not true since it's just my opinion.

Are you serious?? Do you watch the news or keep up with this stuff? The Clintons are involved in so many scandals it would make your head spin. But if you're a liberal than you're not going to believe any of it, so I'm not going to waste my time listing it all.
    Actually I do which is why I was asking you for some links that weren't from Fox News, Infowars or the like. Can you give just one then - Proof Hillary is an Adulterer. I have a huge set of links ready for Trump that someone on these forums was kind enough to compile to prove everything I say and more, so just give me that one little link.

How is it untrue? The latter part of it can't be verified as true or not true since it's just my opinion.
    because the list of scandals and lawlessness for each can be quantified.

The moral character of Trump speaks for itself.

That Christians support this man tells me all I need to know about the morals of these Christains.

If your God supports rapists. child molestors and murderers, as Trump does, if your God supports ripping families about and denying the basic human needs to people so the Rich can get richer and more powerful, as Trump does. I have no room for your God in my life.

Well this has got me heated up! We have a perfectly good Politcs thread I should take my thoughts to and leave you all to go back to discussing the Bible.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-19-2018 at 06:31 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Like I said, all politicians are crooks and liars. I used to naively believe in the system and vote all the time but I stopped because nothing changes for the people. The only change that happens is the size of the politicians bank account.

If, and I mean IF, we the people were somehow able to make lobbyists illegal, then I would vote again. But until then, the politicians only vote according to how much money their vote will gain them.

It's no longer 'for the people', but 'for the politicians'.
    I definitely agree that doing away with lobbying would be a huge step in a good direction.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

Apparently, some people have never read the bible or they would have been wise to remember what happened to those who scoffed at God.
    Ah, threats. Isn't that the sign of a healthy belief?

Actually I do which is why I was asking you for some links that weren't from Fox News, Infowars or the like. Can you give just one then - Proof Hillary is an Adulterer. I have a huge set of links ready for Trump that someone on these forums was kind enough to compile to prove everything I say and more, so just give me that one little link.
    Dalak, I wasn't talking about adultery specifically, but the overall corruption of politicians. You have to admit that Hilary has been embroiled in some pretty heinous things. She has been on tape saying she knowingly got a child rapist off because of a technicality and laughed about it. That is sick. And I could go on and on about their money hungry schemes.

My point still stands that ALL politicians are crooks. Some out and out evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Ah, threats. Isn't that the sign of a healthy belief?
    That wasn't a threat, but reality. Like I said, read the bible. God has punished those who have scoffed at Him.