Page 524 of 529 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 7925
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Today's passage:

"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." --Genesis 1:6
    Amen brother!
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

“Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.” – Batman

“You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

Today's Devotion:

THE VALUE OF WISDOM
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/16/
    But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.--Isaiah 40:31

“You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! Best weapons in the world!"--The Doctor

Today's Devotion:

THE GIFT OF GOD’S LOVE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/17/

Today's Devotion:

GOD’S LOVE NEVER FAILS
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/18/

Today's Devotion:

HOW GREAT A LOVE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/19/

Quick question: Does anybody here have any experience with the Church of Christ? If so, what was your opinion? Would you characterize them as just another Christian denomination, a cult or something in between? I ask this because I've been Church of Christ all my life. As I have deepened my study of the Bible, I'm finding that CoC doctrine doesn't really line up with what the Bible teaches. As I'm exploring how other Christian evangelicals view the Church of Christ I'm finding a wide range of views, most of which see Church of Christ as a cult. While I see the stark contrasts between Church of Christ and other denominations, I've never thought of it as a cult like the JW or LDS movements. I just wanted to poll and get everyone's take.

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    Quick question: Does anybody here have any experience with the Church of Christ? If so, what was your opinion? Would you characterize them as just another Christian denomination, a cult or something in between? I ask this because I've been Church of Christ all my life. As I have deepened my study of the Bible, I'm finding that CoC doctrine doesn't really line up with what the Bible teaches. As I'm exploring how other Christian evangelicals view the Church of Christ I'm finding a wide range of views, most of which see Church of Christ as a cult. While I see the stark contrasts between Church of Christ and other denominations, I've never thought of it as a cult like the JW or LDS movements. I just wanted to poll and get everyone's take.
    I haven't had any experience with them, so I can't say.

Today's Devotion:

THE GIFT OF GOD’S SON
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/20/

Happy Easter everyone! May God bless you all and praise our living God and Savior!

Today's Devotion:

THE GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/21/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I've been wanting to read the one where Jesus talks about gay people and abortion, but I just can't find it anywhere.
    There’s nothing in the Bible about abortion except maybe a passage where if an unborn child is killed the person pays a fine, it’s NOT considered murder. The gay thing is in there and punishable by execution.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Happy Easter, all! The Lord is Risen indeed!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews

Today's Devotion:

MADE ALIVE IN CHRIST
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/22/

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    There’s nothing in the Bible about abortion except maybe a passage where if an unborn child is killed the person pays a fine, it’s NOT considered murder. The gay thing is in there and punishable by execution.
    It is mentioned several times in the OT that the Lord detests and considers child sacrifice a sin. And that is what abortion is---murdering unborn children.

If you think God is pleased by the millions of aborted babies every year, you are very mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    It is mentioned several times in the OT that the Lord detests and considers child sacrifice a sin. And that is what abortion is---murdering unborn children.

If you think God is pleased by the millions of aborted babies every year, you are very mistaken.
    Amen and well stated!
    Those poor babies.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....