Page 525 of 589 FirstFirst ... 25425475515521522523524525526527528529535575 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 8822
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Amen brother!
    My dude. You and this thread are really instilling in ̶m̶y̶ me a passion to read The Bible daily and I thank you for it.
    Last edited by TheRay; 04-25-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Happy Easter everyone! May God bless you all and praise our living God and Savior!
    Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Happy Easter, all! The Lord is Risen indeed!
    Hope y’all had a great Easter Sunday!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Dr. Strange, Star Wars,Shazam, The Flash, & TMNT!

Incredible Member

Today's passage:

"And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so." --Genesis 1:7

It is mentioned several times in the OT that the Lord detests and considers child sacrifice a sin. And that is what abortion is---murdering unborn children.

If you think God is pleased by the millions of aborted babies every year, you are very mistaken.
    It's not a Christian thing to think killing children is wrong. Everyone thinks that.

What's in question is whether abortions qualify as killing children.

If there's nothing specifically condemning abortion in the Bible, then it does seem a bit odd that that's picked on as such a Christian issue.

It is mentioned several times in the OT that the Lord detests and considers child sacrifice a sin. And that is what abortion is---murdering unborn children.

If you think God is pleased by the millions of aborted babies every year, you are very mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    It's not a Christian thing to think killing children is wrong. Everyone thinks that.

If there's nothing specifically condemning abortion in the Bible, then it does seem a bit odd that that's picked on as such a Christian issue.
    An admitted nitpick here: Abortion isn't child sacrifice. Even if you think it's murdering children, the aborted child isn't being sacrificed to anything. As far as I know to sacrifice something it needs to be offered to something out there.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    My dude. You and this thread are really instilling in my a passion to read The Bible daily and I thank you for it.
    You're welcome brother. We need to encourage and lift each other up.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

“I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post

Do you consider killing a child that is one minute old murder? Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    An admitted nitpick here: Abortion isn't child sacrifice. Even if you think it's murdering children, the aborted child isn't being sacrificed to anything. As far as I know to sacrifice something it needs to be offered to something out there.
    When a mother aborts a child because she can't be bothered to raise a child or having the child would "ruin" her career or personal life, then it is child sacrifice because the mother doesn't want to sacrifice her personal time, so she would rather sacrifice the child instead.
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

“Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

Today's Devotion:

THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/24/

When a mother aborts a child because she can't be bothered to raise a child or having the child would "ruin" her career or personal life, then it is child sacrifice because the mother doesn't want to sacrifice her personal time, so she would rather sacrifice the child instead.
    Killing a slave, an animal, or even an ailing relative you don't want to support for similar reasons wouldn't be a 'sacrifice' but would remain a despicable act.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Killing a slave, an animal, or even an ailing relative you don't want to support for similar reasons wouldn't be a 'sacrifice' but would remain a despicable act.
    A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up. In this case, they are giving up the baby.

A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up. In this case, they are giving up the baby.
    I'll note that this discussion started with an admitted nitpick, because by that definition giving up a child to be adopted is also child sacrifice. I would also not think the non-religious definition would apply to a biblical reference, but your mileage may vary.

Incredible Member

Today's verse:

And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
    --Genesis 1:9 (as it appears in the KJ version of The Holy Bible)

Today's Devotion:

THE GIFT OF UNITY
    https://www.todayintheword.org/issue.../devotions/25/

Just want to share something with you all.

Last night at AWANA, a Pastor from Kenya joined us and spoke to the children about how the children in Kenya learn in AWANA and how they play games and learn about Christ. If you don't know what AWANA is, you can see what it is here:
    https://www.awana.org/

It was a true blessing to hear from Pastor James. He joined us in large group (with all the children), then with our small group of kids in class. He spoke to them and showed them videos and slides on how he talks to children that are orphaned and living on the streets and getting into drugs and committing crimes. Pastor James talks to these children living on the streets in Kenya, encourages the children to come to the AWANA program and after they see how much fun the other children are having, most of them stay and live in his orphanage and go to AWANA and church. They also are taught educational classes and go to school.

It was truly amazing to hear him speak about how the Holy Spirit moved him to start the AWANA program over there, as well as the orphanage. It was very uplifting and made me realize how blessed we all are to just be able to walk to our refrigerator and grab something to eat out of it, while children in this world are starving every day. I know for myself, I sometimes complain about something going on in my life and then God shows me how great I have it. And I am a blessed man, the greatest gift being the gift of salvation.

I just thought I would share this with you all, and please ask only for your prayers for our fellow brother in Christ, James, and his program of working with children who are in need physically and spiritually. Thank you

Do you consider killing a child that is one minute old murder? Just wondering
    Yeah, everyone does.

That completely misses the point I was making though. I was very careful to not even specify where I stand on abortion because it's not relevant and I don't want to derail the thread in that direction. My point was that I don't know why this is such a Christian issue these days when it's apparently not covered in the Bible.