Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Essential -

Bruce as Batman
    Dick as Robin

That is pretty much it for me, the rest would fall into place.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I've always wanted to see a "Batman and Robin Beyond"... where Bruce has been laid to rest, Terry is now an experienced adult Batman, and he's found himself a Robin to help protect Neo Gotham. Extra points for Max as the new Oracle.

Astonishing Member

Dick Grayson as Batman, or just as Dick Grayson.

Damian Wayne as Robin.

Jason Aaron and Patrick Gleason co-writing. Patrick Gleason on artwork.

Wild, out there adventures with a lot of heart. LIke Morrison's Batman and Robin, or Aaron's Wolverine and the X Men.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    To me, the dream Batman & Robin book would feature Dick as Batman and Damian as Robin. They had the best chemistry in the past, with Dick realizing so much about what it meant to be Robin and knowing how much to let Damian have his way before needing to reign him in.
    I'll agree with this.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Jason Aaron and Patrick Gleason co-writing. Patrick Gleason on artwork.
    More Gleason? I don't know, but for me, gotta get some new artists in there. I definitely got tired of Gleason myself.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I've always wanted to see a "Batman and Robin Beyond"... where Bruce has been laid to rest, Terry is now an experienced adult Batman, and he's found himself a Robin to help protect Neo Gotham. Extra points for Max as the new Oracle.
    This is something I'd like to see. Maybe Robin could be an older Matt McGinnis? Having a duo of Bat-brothers in a futuristic setting might be an interesting change of pace.

My dream "Batman and Robin" book would feature a retired Bruce Wayne who is still active in the Batcave, with an adult Damian Wayne as Batman, with Robin being an adult Maps Mizoguchi. Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon are still active as Nightwing and Batgirl, respectively, with older versions of Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain taking on new vigilante identities. A major event/fight took place prior to the series which resulted in the deaths of many allies and villains. Among the casualties, Joker is officially dead in this futuristic setting, and just like in Batman Beyond, there are several Jokerz gangs in Gotham. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are a romantic couple/duo and have become more terrorist-like in their methods, regularly facing off against Batman and MapsRobin. Harley and Ivy, being among the few veteran rogues still alive in Gotham, sometimes make use of the Jokerz as henchmen, but more often fight against Jokerz members regularly in their own occasional back-up stories. Selina Kyle has reformed/retired as Catwoman and is an ally of Bruce Wayne in the Batcave. Harvey Dent has been cured of his Two-Face appearance, but his inner dark self still lives, and becomes a crime boss in Gotham with Black Mask as one of his rivals. Edward Nygma and Jonathan Crane are still active criminals in Gotham City, and regularly face off against Batman and Robin, with many of their riddles/fear attacks strongly effecting BatDamian and MapsRobin days prior to the major event that took place prior to the start of the series.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Two options here:

Batman and Robin, final year. With Bruce and Dick, we see Dick finally urging to move out on his own, having to split his time between college, the Titans (yeah, I went there), and Bruce. I'd like to see a mix of traditional Batman villains as well as new villains working their way into being Dick's rogues gallery. I'd demand Adams or Sienkiewicz on art, but am still unsure on writing.

Batman and Robin, Earth 2: Bruce and Helena running into different versions of the Batvillians. The major underlying thread is Helena discovering just how deep into crime her mother might have been. James Robinson and Mike Allred.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    This is something I'd like to see. Maybe Robin could be an older Matt McGinnis? Having a duo of Bat-brothers in a futuristic setting might be an interesting change of pace.

My dream "Batman and Robin" book would feature a retired Bruce Wayne who is still active in the Batcave, with an adult Damian Wayne as Batman, with Robin being an adult Maps Mizoguchi. Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon are still active as Nightwing and Batgirl, respectively, with older versions of Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain taking on new vigilante identities. A major event/fight took place prior to the series which resulted in the deaths of many allies and villains. Among the casualties, Joker is officially dead in this futuristic setting, and just like in Batman Beyond, there are several Jokerz gangs in Gotham. Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are a romantic couple/duo and have become more terrorist-like in their methods, regularly facing off against Batman and MapsRobin. Harley and Ivy, being among the few veteran rogues still alive in Gotham, sometimes make use of the Jokerz as henchmen, but more often fight against Jokerz members regularly in their own occasional back-up stories. Selina Kyle has reformed/retired as Catwoman and is an ally of Bruce Wayne in the Batcave. Harvey Dent has been cured of his Two-Face appearance, but his inner dark self still lives, and becomes a crime boss in Gotham with Black Mask as one of his rivals. Edward Nygma and Jonathan Crane are still active criminals in Gotham City, and regularly face off against Batman and Robin, with many of their riddles/fear attacks strongly effecting BatDamian and MapsRobin days prior to the major event that took place prior to the start of the series.
    Robin can't be Batman's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Robin can't be Batman's wife.
    FACT

But yeah, Dick and Damian for me. As he even said, they were the best.

Bruce and Dick with revamped/updated Golden/Silver age stories that starts with the undying oath to justice and ends with Dick original decision to become Nightwing by honoring those who have impacted his life.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I was actually more interested in Bruce Wayne as Batman, with Maps as Robin. I just wasn't sure if Bruce would be too old for the role by the time Maps got to be the same age as Barbara Gordon and Dick Grayson in the current continuity.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    FACT

But yeah, Dick and Damian for me. As he even said, they were the best.
    100%.

Deniz you are a genuis for suggesting Aaron, as I think he's got the sensibilities to take on a weird, fun and high stakes story like a rebooted B&R, but I would definitely take Stuart Immonen over from Marvel for this.

Incredible Member

Dick and Damian...for all the reasons mentioned above...plus, there weren't enough of those stories written.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Essential -

Bruce as Batman
    Dick as Robin

That is pretty much it for me, the rest would fall into place.
    I'm with you.

Extraordinary Member

Bruce as Batman
    Jason as Robin

and as Villians i would like to see some classic Villains from Jasons time as Robin (Killer Croc, Dr. Fang, Black Mask, Film Freak and maybe Two-Face)

written by Chuck Dixon and Scott Beatty

And I have read in an interview that they had actually planed to write it after Nightwing Year One.
    Last edited by Aahz; 10-07-2015 at 01:40 PM.