View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Killer Frost?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crystal Frost

7 19.44%
  • Louise Lincoln

10 27.78%
  • Caitlin Snow

19 52.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Legacy Showdown: Killer Frost

I'm starting what will hopefully be the first of many Legacy Showdowns; A civil debate and poll on which version of the character a fan prefers. DC is known for it's use of legacy afterall and there are plenty of examples, so without further ado, up first is the mantle of KILLER FROST!!

Crystal Frost vs Louise Lincoln vs Caitlin Snow

Who do you prefer and why?
    Last edited by El_Gato; 02-07-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

I'm starting what will hopefully be the first of many Legacy Showdowns; A civil debate and poll on which version of the character a fan prefers. DC is known for it's use of legacy afterall and there are plenty of examples, so without further ado, up first is the mantle of KILLER FROST!!

Crystal Frost vs Louise Lincoln vs Caitlin Snow

Who do you prefer and why?
    Are we talking "Legacy" here or is this more of just a case of DC recycling the "Killer Frost" name? How many of them have existed in the same continuity as the other(s) when it comes to the comic book stories?

Caitlin is really the only one I am familiar with, but I do like your thread showdown idea!

Crystal Frost is the original KF but I don't think she's gotten that much mileage, especially since they usually lift a lot of stuff from her (like the powers, Firestorm connection, etc.) for the other Frosts. I was genuinely surprised to see them using her in the upcoming Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay movie.

Louise Lincoln seems like the Killer Frost who's gotten the most mileage in outside media, up until Caitlin Snow was made a major cast member of The Flash and gotten more significant characterization and use then probably any appearance by Killer Frost in another medium and in general.

By virtue of The Flash and her current JLA push I'd say Caitlin has a leg up on the current Killer Frosts, and I guess it helps that she's being molded into more of a hero then the other two, but I don't think that's a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are we talking "Legacy" here or is this more of just a case of DC recycling the "Killer Frost" name? How many of them have existed in the same continuity as the other(s) when it comes to the comic book stories?
    In this case I'm just referring to anyone who has ever called themselves Killer Frost over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Caitlin is really the only one I am familiar with, but I do like your thread showdown idea!
    Yeah! I figured it'd be a fun and interesting way to create more lively discussions on here. Legacy is a big part of DC and everyone has their favorite, which I'm curious to hear explained. Let's see how civil future installments will be lol

I’m going old school, Crystal Frost. I thought she was cool on Young Justice and Brave and the Bold. Can’t wait for Suicide Squad Hell to Pay but I feel she looks too much like Louise there

In this case I'm just referring to anyone who has ever called themselves Killer Frost over the years.

Yeah! I figured it'd be a fun and interesting way to create more lively discussions on here. Legacy is a big part of DC and everyone has their favorite, which I'm curious to hear explained. Let's see how civil future installments will be lol
    This one should be safe, but I really look forward to the next one you pick lol!

This one should be safe, but I really look forward to the next one you pick lol!
    I have a few in mind, though I expect certain future ones to not be so civil. Lol You have any suggestions?

I started with KF because I saw an evolution of Killer Frost video on YouTube and felt inspired haha.

I have a few in mind, though I expect certain future ones to not be so civil. Lol You have any suggestions?

I started with KF because I saw an evolution of Killer Frost video on YouTube and felt inspired haha.
    Hmmm I kind of like how you are starting with an obscure character first. All I know is avoid a flash or green lantern one because it could get ugly fast

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Louise. Just feels like the more classic one and I prefer KF as a villain since DC trying to act like Ice doesn't exist

Since i'm not too familiar with the original KF I had to go with the modern Caitlyn Snow version since that's the character that DC has been pushing in a big way.
    Louise. Just feels like the more classic one and I prefer KF as a villain since DC trying to act like Ice doesn't exist
    I miss Ice.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I voted for Crystal Frost since she was a great character and villain in Firestorm's original series in the 80's.

Not sure about Lincoln and Caitlin Snow has just been ok.

Hmmm I kind of like how you are starting with an obscure character first. All I know is avoid a flash or green lantern one because it could get ugly fast
    Might go the obscure route for now but a Flash or GL one seems like too much fun to pass up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Futbol View Post
    I’m going old school, Crystal Frost. I thought she was cool on Young Justice and Brave and the Bold. Can’t wait for Suicide Squad Hell to Pay but I feel she looks too much like Louise there
    Honestly I automatically assumed she was Caitlin Snow because the costume reminded me a lot of her season 3 costume on The Flash.

And particularly given she's the current Killer Frost so you'd think she'd be the one DC would have in all modern media.

Honestly I feel like DC just treats the different Killer Frost's as interchangeable. For instance, in Brave in the Bold, she looks like Crystal Frost but according to wiki she's Louise Lincoln. Same thing for Young Justice, she looks like Louise Lincoln but is referred to as Crystal Frost. Super Hero Girls version doesn't even look like any version of the character, although she's apparently Caitlyn (Flash influence?).

PS: That's why I had to change the original picture, I thought Brave and the Bold Killer Frost was Crystal.