Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The gist of it is, that back in 1916 when the god of dreams, Morpheus (Gaimen’s Sandman) was captured, this affected dreams all across the universe. Basically, the way we dream now, was not the way dreams were before 1916. This dream anomaly particularly affected Wesley Dodds (Wagner’s Sandman) dreaming. So that when he was an adult he started the initiative to go out and fight crime using a gas mask (Sandman Mystery Theater) that is a deja vu thing for him, but it actually looks like Morpheus’s Dream helmet.

This is all a pretty condensed summary but I hope it helps. Just remember that in real life the Wesley Dodds Sandman was created first in the 1939, while the Morpheus Sandman is a retcon created in 1989.

Gaiman’s series is about his 1989 created character, Morpheus, the god of Dreams, and the titular Sandman. Wagner’s series is a reimagining of the 1930s-1940s classic mystery man Wesley Dodds series but told through a modern lens.
    Thanx for clearing it up in detail that fast. Sweet dreams

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    Iron Munro.
    The Atom needs his own book.

I want a story where Bobby Barnes is Wonder Boy and gets to be Wonder Woman's legit protege with superpowers and everything.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Fire & Ice.

Or any of the forgotten JLI alumni.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    This, so much. I loved seeing a young, gay, superhero of color. He could have shined...shame. I work at a school and I know a ton of young LGBT+ people that loved him.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

I loved this iteration of Blackhawks as the DC Universe's G.I. Joe.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I want a story where Bobby Barnes is Wonder Boy and gets to be Wonder Woman's legit protege with superpowers and everything.
    First I've heard of him. That'd be legit cool!

I love Bunker, he's a fun character. I'm still bitter at how he's been sidelined by DC. I'd love for him to get his own title, but I don't expect it. I'd at least like to see him back in a monthly team book.

What kind of superpowers? One thing I liked about original flavor Kon-El that he had tactile telekinesis. It was a different power, unique. Much more distinctive. Sadly lost later. But I don't know that could work as well in the WW family if you have the one and only male ('cause I'm ignoring Jason) to have the Wonder title be the only one differently/less powered. And he will also need a grownup name after some time passes, so get thinking on that. I'm very big on child/teen heroes with derivative names growing up to have their own unique names instead of keeping their mentor's title forever. And also don't like "boy", "girl", "lad", etc. names for characters past their early twenties, at latest.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Owl Woman (Wenonah Littlebird)
    And if her book was a success maybe we could get a Jack O’Lantern book.

Extraordinary Member

Airwave.

Either Airwave II (the wife) or Airwave III (the son)

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    Indigo (Brainiac 8)
    Especially if we get an Onyx spin-off.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    What kind of superpowers? One thing I liked about original flavor Kon-El that he had tactile telekinesis. It was a different power, unique. Much more distinctive. Sadly lost later. But I don't know that could work as well in the WW family if you have the one and only male ('cause I'm ignoring Jason) to have the Wonder title be the only one differently/less powered. And he will also need a grownup name after some time passes, so get thinking on that. I'm very big on child/teen heroes with derivative names growing up to have their own unique names instead of keeping their mentor's title forever. And also don't like "boy", "girl", "lad", etc. names for characters past their early twenties, at latest.
    I second Tzigone in saying that if you give Princess Diana a male sidekick, the abilities need to be distinct from hers. Aside from that being an interesting departure from the usual mentor/protege trope, in her most iconic depictions, Wonder Woman has always been about the power of women. There's really no way to hand a copy of her abilities to a male without undermining a key piece of what has made her such a prominent character over the decades.

As for the name, there's no hard rule requiring a sidekick to be Kid [blank], [blank] Lass or what have you (see Robin). A name like The Silver Prodigy might work, depending on the abilities and look he's given. This was something Marvel has been very smart about with Captain America over the years; he's had a legion of partners, each with their own distinctive name so that they're very easily spun off. They haven't all been successes, but the potential was there.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 07-16-2020 at 01:23 PM.