Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Truthfully, I just want an Elongated Man or Plastic Man series... #bringbackplasticman

With some reinvention, and a few new characters.

[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/GuitchoYojimbo/Global%20Guardians%20Bring%20Us%20Back.jpg

Have Nommo Balewa (as the Myst) put the group back together.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-27-2019 at 05:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    With some reinvention, and a few new characters.

Have Nommo Balewa (as the Myst) put the group back together.
    I loved the Global Guardians too but...I don't think brining them back is good for them.

Look at all the characters they brought back for a big nothing: Hawk & Dove, Blackhawks, Blue Beetle, The Others, Captain Atom, Firestorm, Vibe, Katana, Mr. Terrific, Hawkman, Batwing, Batwoman, Talon, Superboy, Supergirl, Larfleeze, LSH, Static Shock, Animal Man and etcetera.

What's being done with these characters? They are sitting on a shelf in Limbo...and that's what would happen to the Global Guardians.

Zinda Blake, Lady Blackhawk by Gail Simone, please.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    . . . Look at all the characters they brought back for a big nothing: Hawk & Dove, Blackhawks, Blue Beetle, The Others, Captain Atom, Firestorm, Vibe, Katana, Mr. Terrific, Hawkman, Batwing, Batwoman, Talon, Superboy, Supergirl, Larfleeze, LSH, Static Shock, Animal Man and etcetera.

What's being done with these characters? They are sitting on a shelf in Limbo...and that's what would happen to the Global Guardians.
    Huh? They may not have their own titles at this very moment, but not all of them are "sitting on a shelf in limbo".

Firestorm and Katana are both suppose to get mini-series in 2016. (Katana is already on the January 2016 solicitations.) Mr. Terrific had been in Earth 2 (not sure if he's still in Earth 2: Society or not since I don't read that); I believe Superboy is showing up in the current version of Teen Titans; and the second Batwing (Luke Fox) is in Batgirl.

And both Batwoman and Supergirl had their last issues in March of 2015; I think they have to be absent for longer than eight months or so before you can claim they're "in Limbo".

Ultimate Member

I loved the Global Guardians too but...I don't think brining them back is good for them.

Look at all the characters they brought back for a big nothing: Hawk & Dove, Blackhawks, Blue Beetle, The Others, Captain Atom, Firestorm, Vibe, Katana, Mr. Terrific, Hawkman, Batwing, Batwoman, Talon, Superboy, Supergirl, Larfleeze, LSH, Static Shock, Animal Man and etcetera.

Most of those folks are active in some form at DC.

Supergirl, Legion & Hawkman are when not if they get another shot again.

Jaime Reyes & Virgil Hawkins are probably the two you will never see at Dc again and until proven otherwise that's the stance I'm taking. Talking about it and patting yourself on the back mean NOTHING until a book is at a store and someone can CONFIRM they have a copy and one or both of them are in it.

BANNED

Static is supposed to be coming back. But I agree with you on Blue Beetle, Vibe, LSH & Captain Atom.

You could say that about almost every oddball character listed in this thread. Why single out t.G.G.?

Yeah characters and concepts get shelved, doesn't mean you don't give them another shot (granted with plenty of reinvention and design).
    Actually they've never really even been given a shot at their own book.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-06-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Mark Shaw, Paul Kirk, Kirk DePaul
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Jaime Reyes & Virgil Hawkins are probably the two you will never see at Dc again and until proven otherwise that's the stance I'm taking. Talking about it and patting yourself on the back mean NOTHING until a book is at a store and someone can CONFIRM they have a copy and one or both of them are in it.
    DC doesn't own Virgil Hawkins, do they?

They don't necessarily control if / when he shows up in a DC title any time soon, especially with Milestone working on a relaunch.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ters-of-color/

BANNED

Atomic Knight.

I would also love to see The Guardian get his own book as well. I always enjoyed the character and like when he took over one of Superman's books to look after Mon-El like he did Super-Boy. He could investigate cases that have to do with tech or anything that has to do with Star Labs.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-07-2015 at 05:27 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Space Ranger all day , every day .

Amazing Member

I always had an idea for an Air Wave reboot.

BANNED

Rima: The Jungle girl
    Ragman
    Original Hawk & Dove
    Original Creeper
    Original 7 soilders of victory