Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

As an Aussie, I'd get a kick out of seeing a Tasmanian Devil mini series. (Go Hugh!)

I'd also give my left nut for a Dogwelder mini series!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Element Woman (Emily Sung). A mini-series might be best but I would be fine with anything they give her. For some reason I really like this character, I found her to be incredibly endearing in Johns' Justice League run.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Discussing this^ image in another thread, and seeing Jose Delgado's prominent position (first row behind the casket) between the likes of Lois Lane and Dick Grayson, reminded me how (blink and you missed it moment) prominent, the now completley obscure character Gangbusters (Jose Delgado) temporarily once was in the DCU.
    Through arguably, not only one of the most significant Superman arcs, but DC events.
    To going to complete obscurity, petty much unheard of and forgotten.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/cu1-O8mhSB...RuJ_0zXg=s1600

I think his arc, and over all gang-war concept got pretty much played out, or over done not just the comic, but still today in other media.
    As well as the theme, the costume is dated, Although with some slight reinvention he could certainly be brought back to some prominence as a regular street level hero.

Although careful he's not too Daredevil derivative or Vigilante, I guess somewhere between?
    Not mine.....
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-20-2020 at 04:57 AM.

Discussing this^ image in another thread, and seeing Jose Delgado's prominent position (first row behind the casket) between the likes of Loise Lane and Dick Grayson, reminded me how (blink and you missed it moment) prominent, the now completley obscure character Gangbusters (Jose Delgado) temporarily once was in the DCU.

<snip>

I think his arc, and over all gang-war concept got pretty much played out, or over done in other media.
    And the as well as the theme, the costume is dated, Although with some slight reinvention he could certainly be brought back to some prominence as a regular street level hero.
    It's an interesting thought. Can't say I know him very well. I read Death of Superman and maybe one other arc in which he appeared. And an older story where he dated Lois (and later he dated Cat Grant - characters really do in-group date in comics, don't they?). Not opposed to doing something with him, though. Maybe don't go the implant angle - might be seen as copying Barbara. ;p But would he associate heavily with Daily Planet, Superman, Lex, etc.? Or only occasionally do so? Or be reborn as a character in his own city with Super-ties? Have develop a supporting cast, enemies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    It's an interesting thought. Can't say I know him very well. I read Death of Superman and maybe one other arc in which he appeared. And an older story where he dated Lois (and later he dated Cat Grant - characters really do in-group date in comics, don't they?). Not opposed to doing something with him, though. Maybe don't go the implant angle - might be seen as copying Barbara. ;p But would he associate heavily with Daily Planet, Superman, Lex, etc.? Or only occasionally do so? Or be reborn as a character in his own city with Super-ties? Have develop a supporting cast, enemies, etc.

That'd be great! Would love to see him back.

I kind of wish for the Wild Dog character played by Rick Gonzalez on Arrow that they had just used an updated version of Suicide Slum's Gangbuster, instead of changing Jack Wheeler to Rene Ramirez. Who the Wild Dog fans pretty much reject.
    If he shows up in comics the few fans he even has, will mostly probably want to see, and revert to the original Jack Wheeler character not Rene Ramirez(which is fine, I get that Jack was the original).
    And I know it shouldn't be one or the other, but as is, if any, they are only going to chose one.

While if for Arrow they had instead introduce and developed him as the similar Jose Delgado character from the go, there wouldn't have been that stepping on another characters toes, and they still could have pulled off a similar dynamic and story arc with him and the Arrow cast.
    Yeah they are different characters, but there is some obvious overlap, similar urban, self made vigilante, and both Latino.
    Further in the comics, others may have been more inclined to use him again, if they'd seen him developed on Arrow into his own.
    As is, nobody is using either.

(bad photochop just for reference) they spent so much effort to distance him from the Jack Wheeler character to make him his own character. Why didn't they just make him Suicide Slum's Jose Delgado from the start.

Last edited by Güicho; 04-21-2020 at 04:58 AM.

Might as well post it here too.
    ...used right she should have been DC's Squirrel Girl type ages ago, (who by the way has exploded in the Marvel U) sadly DC as usual completley oblivious unaware of what they have, neglected her.
    Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks ...

Funny seeing Squirrel Girl lauded as the fun quirky, adorkable, "new" female character type, that comics and fans have been waiting for...
    Yet DC already had the template over 70 years ago, just nobody at DC or the fans seems to know it.
    Anyway, they'd make a fun DC/Marvel team-up

Sadly apparently not allot of traction or love for this character on this forum.
    Yet she reads like an absolutely modern character, like over 70 years ahead of her time, and the type of character people seem to complain doesn't or never existed.
    Yet they ignore her...?

I think Batman: Brave and the Bold captured pretty well the fun way how to handle her, and they just scratched the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You know, that's a character DC needs back in its lineup.
    Absolutely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I can see it now, she will have a purse that she pulls all of her gadgets from. Not that there anything wrong with that. lol
    She's already got like a side pouch fannypack, although I'd go full utility belt, it works for the Batgadgets, should work for at least 1,000 gimmicks.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-19-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Alley-Cat lol just joking.

Body Doubles and Resurrection Man

Mighty Member

slash.jpg

I don't think he has, or ever will be featured in the DC universe again.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Walter West
    Always thought there was potential in regards to Walter West's Dark Flash. Hopefully, when he's brought back, he could be added to Jason Todd's Outlaws:

I was a pretty big Walter West fan too. Always both liked him and thought he had a really cool costume. And while Jose Delgado is a great character, I think his relegation to the sidelines is really part of a bigger problem, which is that Superman's world has gotten a lot smaller, and his books focus a lot less on his supporting cast and the world of Metropolis, than they used to. I'm not totally sure when this trend started, but I'd put money on around the year 2000.

Here's an obscure character I loved that I doubt we'll ever see again: Bunker!

1dd396253ff6ef7da3de00ffe13851b9.jpg

Always got a kick outta him.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I'd like to see Manhunter (Paul Kirk):

I loved the Goodwin/ Simonson mini-series, but that outfit is kindof insane! I do like how it was updated for "Power Company" with the black, less flowy sleeves and getting rid of whatever those are on his legs.
    Manhunter-DePaul-Power-Company-DC-Comics-h2.jpg
    Too bad they got rid of him unceremoniously in Kate's "Manhunter" series.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved the Goodwin/ Simonson mini-series, but that outfit is kindof insane! I do like how it was updated for "Power Company" with the black, less flowy sleeves and getting rid of whatever those are on his legs.
    Manhunter-DePaul-Power-Company-DC-Comics-h2.jpg
    Too bad they got rid of him unceremoniously in Kate's "Manhunter" series.
    Yeah, he was my favorite. A very complex character.

I seem to remember Busiek writing that he altered the Manhunter costume at Simonson's request. When Busiek adapted his long-held superhero firm idea for DC, he thought the mercenary character he had in mind would be easily retooled as one of the Manhunter clones. Not wanting to cheapen Simonson's epic story, he discussed the idea with Simonson who made suggestions about the costume to distinguish the two characters.

Max Mercury!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!