Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by sanderling View Post
    I know nothing about the character, but that Jaguar costume is spectacular. The mask is so creepy!
    They did their first and only appearance in Flash Annual 13 (2000). I bought the issue only because of this group. My favorite obscure supergroup.
    Last edited by Pat; 12-07-2015 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Made a mistake

BANNED

Scorn

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    Yep, that was her name. She was a cool new character, but I don't think she was seen again afterwards. It's hard making a newly created character stick, it's not as easy as people make it seem.
    She was used in JLA afterwards and some of JLA Classified.

Mary marvel=geoff johns.jason fabok

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    Manitou Raven
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The Manitous were Native American sorcerors right? How well were they written? Native Americans and magic tend not to mix well in American fiction.
    Better than Superfriends Apache Chief (who Manitou was somewhat based on). Who like the other created for the cartoon heroes had zero development other than wearing their ethnicity on their sleeve.
    Although to be fair, Hanna Barbera genuinely wanted to better represent the diversity of their audience.
    Which DC was not doing, their main Justice League at the time having little to offer(still don't), so they hamfistedlly just came up with their own, who could and did stand shoulder to shoulder with the others.
    At least they tried.

The Manitou Raven incarnation was developed much further, created as part of the "League of Ancients" including an Aztec warrior called Tezumak possibly a nod to El Dorado, and others as somewhat Super Friends analogues.
    Although he was played a bit dark, and revisiting the ancient tribe/warrior trying to fit in shtick, but was pretty awesome.

I actually prefer a somewhat hybrid of the two, reinvented for Young Justice as Tye Longshadow.

Last edited by Güicho; 12-16-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Klarion the witch boy (with Teekl). Best name in DC's library of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Better than Superfriends Apache Chief (who Manitou was somewhat based on). Who like the other created for the cartoon heroes had zero development other than wearing their ethnicity on their sleeve.
    Although to be fair, Hanna Barbera genuinely wanted to better represent the diversity of their audience.
    Which DC was not doing, their main Justice League at the time having little to offer(still don't), so they hamfistedlly just came up with their own, who could and did stand shoulder to shoulder with the others.
    At least they tried.

The Manitou Raven incarnation was developed much further, created as part of the "League of Ancients" including an Aztec warrior called Tezumak possibly a nod to El Dorado, and others as somewhat Super Friends analogues.
    Although he was played a bit dark, and revisiting the ancient tribe/warrior trying to fit in shtick, but was pretty awesome.

I actually prefer a somewhat hybrid of the two, reinvented for Young Justice as Tye Longshadow.

Thanks for the info.

I'd keep Manitou and Tye as separate characters. Manitou can be a sorceror and Tye can have powers similar to Kamala Khan and Rita Farr. That wat you can have at least one Native American character whose powers aren't magical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Ten-Eyed Man

reinvent this d-list bat villain as a cronenberg-esque body horror book
    Brilliant!

I'd also like to see Human Cannonball from Superman Family done as a "lovable loser" character, trying to make it as a superhero.

I want to see Kamandi in an ongoing or mini-series, when was his last one?
    BloodWynd should re-join the JLA, he was cool in the 90's.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    Night Force.

You know there was a decent mini after the Nu52 relaunch? I think only 6000 people bought it, I was one of those.

BANNED

Justice Legion Alpha

BANNED

Ginger and real Wally West.

Astonishing Member

Triumph

Tomorrow Woman

A New Blood Pack that actually has a balanced superhero team. IE I'd love for Layla, Chimera, Joe Public, Loose Cannon, Jamm, Razorsharp, Hook, Mongrel and Prism to be a team.

Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks ...

Funny seeing Squirrel Girl lauded as the fun quirky, adorkable, "new" female character type, that comics and fans have been waiting for...
    Yet DC already had the template over 70 years ago, just nobody at DC or the fans seems to know it.
    Anyway, they'd make a fun DC/Marvel team-up

Sadly apparently not allot of traction or love for this character on this forum.
    Yet she reads like an absolutely modern character, like over 70 years ahead of her time, and the type of character people seem to complain doesn't or never existed.
    Yet they ignore her...?

I think Batman: Brave and the Bold captured pretty well the fun way how to handle her, and they just scratched the surface.
    Might as well post it here too.
    ...used right she should have been DC's Squirrel Girl type ages ago, (who by the way has exploded in the Marvel U) sadly DC as usual completley oblivious unaware of what they have, neglected her.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-23-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Simon Dark
    5c8415055729dc71f2d8f8d0c9d06dbc.jpg

With the right writer, I think he would be worth looking into again.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 08-23-2019 at 01:05 PM.