Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Original 7 soilders of victory
    This ^ DC original Severn Soldiers, predate Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven, and DC own Seven JL founders.
    Yet DC has completely forsaken them as ever having been a team?
    Although with some updates, with all the team building in the CW Universe's Team Arrow, as far as I know they've never even hommaged Arrows actual original Team.

As much as Oliver Queen himself and Speedy(Arsenal) have been modernized for a contemporary audience, all can easily be updated, we've seen Vigilante. Crimson Avenger DC's first masked hero has gotten updates and legacy characters in Jill Carlyle (make her his new "wingamn"), and Lee Travis himself easily translate to a modern street level hero. Stars and Stripes have been updated, through Star Girl, that leaves Shining Knight, who honestly just needs to be reimagined as he was always a modern hero descendant (maybe a cop), who is granted and wields (powered by) the supernatural ancient sword.

Morrison's team was fun, but can easily take a different name; actually JL8, as he originally intended.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-25-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Gargoyles popular Disney animated series runs 3 seasons.
    Hellboy popular character and movie franchise.
    Most anyone can recognize them.
    Meanwhile at DC/WB; The Demon we have no idea how to make this work?

Guillermo del Toro - “It’s a WB property, .... “Suffice to say that [Etrigan the] Demon or Swamp Thing mean to me what Batman and Superman mean to most mortals – perhaps even more.”

Academy Award-winning films Pan's Labyrinth (2006) and The Shape of Water (2017), Del Toro open armed you can't ask for more passion and vision and love for a King Kirby creation, matched with El Rey of fairy tales fantasy and horror.
    A match made in "hellven" ; )
    Yet absolutely clueless DC/WB execs regurgitating the umpteenth Batman, can't see a way to make this happen on screen, tv, or a comic.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-07-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    This ^ DC original Severn Soldiers, predate Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven, and DC own Seven JL founders.
    Yet DC has completely forsaken them as ever having been a team?
    Although with some updates, with all the team building in the CW Universe's Team Arrow, as far as I know they've never even hommaged Arrows actual original Team.

As much as Oliver Queen himself and Speedy(Arsenal) have been modernized for a contemporary audience, all can easily be updated, we've seen Vigilante. Crimson Avenger DC's first masked hero has gotten updates and legacy characters in Jill Carlyle (make her his new "wingamn"), and Lee Travis himself easily translate to a modern street level hero. Stars and Stripes have been updated, through Star Girl, that leaves Shining Knight, who honestly just needs to be reimagined as he was always a modern hero descendant (maybe a cop), who is granted and wields (powered by) the supernatural ancient sword.

Morrison's team was fun, but can easily take a different name; actually JL8, as he originally intended.
    I proposed a re-imagining/elseworlds interpretation of the Seven Soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Seven Soldiers of Victory

A magnificent seven inspired story set in elseworlds about a collection of individuals teaming up to take down immortal crime lord Vince Sanders (aka Vandal Savage)

Roy Harper - a Navajo man by birth and a government agent investigating the disappearance of his partner.

Jade Nguyen - a mercenary looking for her sister.

Cody Rodriguez - formerly Conner Hawke who now seeks revenge against Savage for killing his family.

Vida Barragan - aka Kobalt who has a score to settle with Savage's son for the death of her lover the original Kobalt.

Cisco Ramon - a metahuman whose hunting of the mercenary Slade Wilson has lead him to Savage

Kat Armstrong - A gun for hire (twist she's a mole for Savage)

Faith Hernandez - A metahuman who was experimented on by Savage and joins the group for protection.

Artemis Crock - Roy's partner and Jade's half-sister who joins as the official seventh member once Armstrong's treachery is revealed.
    As for Jill Carlyle I proposed this idea

Shadows

An espionage team that follows in the footsteps of the Birds of Prey.

Jill Carlyle/Crimson Avenger (precog and leader)

Delilah Tyler/Phantom Lady

Zinda Blake/Lady Blackhawk

Andrea Rojas/Acrata

Artemis Crock/Tigress (based on the YJ animated version)

Cinnamon

Nyssa Ratko
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-26-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Seven Soldiers of Victory

A magnificent seven inspired story set in elseworlds about a collection of individuals teaming up to take down immortal crime lord Vince Sanders (aka Vandal Savage)

Roy Harper - a Navajo man by birth and a government agent investigating the disappearance of his partner.

Jade Nguyen - a mercenary looking for her sister.

Cody Rodriguez - formerly Conner Hawke who now seeks revenge against Savage for killing his family.

Vida Barragan - aka Kobalt who has a score to settle with Savage's son for the death of her lover the original Kobalt.

Cisco Ramon - a metahuman whose hunting of the mercenary Slade Wilson has lead him to Savage

Kat Armstrong - A gun for hire (twist she's a mole for Savage)

Faith Hernandez - A metahuman who was experimented on by Savage and joins the group for protection.

Artemis Crock - Roy's partner and Jade's half-sister who joins as the official seventh member once Armstrong's treachery is revealed.
    Great team, although not seeing the connection to Seven Soldiers, seems they could use their own name.

Shadows

An espionage team that follows in the footsteps of the Birds of Prey.

Jill Carlyle/Crimson Avenger (precog and leader)

Delilah Tyler/Phantom Lady

Zinda Blake/Lady Blackhawk

Andrea Rojas/Acrata

Artemis Crock/Tigress (based on the YJ animated version)

Katherine Manser/Cinnamon

Nyssa Ra[a]tko
    Absolutely love that group line-up, use of obscure or in limbo characters, and an actual new team name.
    Last edited by Güicho; 11-30-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Great team, although not seeing the connection to Seven Soldiers, seems they could use their own name.
    Well Roy is a part of the team like the original Seven Soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by victorsage View Post
    Iron Munro.

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I'll second that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Flying Fox

It'd be interesting to see Iron Munro(Arn Munro), Fury Erinyes(Helena Kosmatos), Flying Fox, and Neptune Perkins once pulpy analogues for golden age Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman and Aquaman, reunited in a WWII/pulp era tale.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-06-2020 at 01:33 PM.

If Flying Fox does return, I think he might need a power change. There are far too many indigenous characters in DC with magical powers.

Also would add Nemesis (Soseh Mykros) to the Shadows.

Also would add Nemesis (Soseh Mykros) to the Shadows.
    Would love to see more of Mykros.
    While Thomas Tresser is probably better known, always though Nemesis being Greek goddess of revenge/retribution made more sense for a female character.

Last edited by Güicho; 01-07-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Doctor Occult
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Dr. Occult: DC could use a supernatural detective...
    Quote Originally Posted by Starchild View Post
    Doctor Occult
    It is odd one of DC's first heroes, by the creators of Superman, should be the preeminent Supernatural Occult Detective. Yet his whole shtick, theme, look has been so co-opted by John Constantine, that he gets little to no recognition or attention.
    Not edgy enough I guess. Let's have him take up vaping.
    He should be trapping ghost in a contaminant vaping cartridge.
    and then smoking them!.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-09-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Wise Son and the Blood Syndicate would be an interesting bunch to get an update.
    one day my dream, one day. you may materialize yet
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

The Inferior Five. The actual 1960s goofy superhero parody, as opposed to the Giffen/Lemire title.

Mighty Member

Ally Babble?

Extraordinary Member

This thread depresses me, because I see that I wrote Linda Danvers all the way back in 2015. Granted, I had literally just discovered her character then, but still.

The Janissary, the hero from Turkey who was part of Planet DC. (Wow, 20 years ago!)