View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elephantmen #66

1 3.33%
  • Empty Zone #4

1 3.33%
  • Invisible Republic #6

4 13.33%
  • IXth Generation #5

1 3.33%
  • Manhattan Projects: The Sun Beyond The Stars #3

2 6.67%
  • Mythic #4

2 6.67%
  • Nameless #5

5 16.67%
  • Oddly Normal #10

2 6.67%
  • Reyn #8

0 0%
  • Rumble #7

4 13.33%
  • Tech Jacket #11

0 0%
  • Thief of Thieves #31

2 6.67%
  • The Tithe #5

1 3.33%
  • Witchblade #184

1 3.33%
  • Wolf #3

4 13.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 39 - Witchblade almost ending

Welcome everyone, vote for your favourite Image comic of this week, and let's chat!

Last week's poll saw almost 50 votes cast, with all books (except one) getting at least a vote or two - very impressive! Even the winner was a race til the end, with Tokyo Ghost's debut ultimately pulling ahead of The Fade Out.

This week allows everyone to catch their breath after last week's deluge of quality titles, but that's not to say there's nothing going on!
    First of all, special mention must be made of Witchblade, one of Image's longest-running series releases its penultimate issue this week with #184. Also hitting its penultimate issue, though not quite as far in, is Nameless #5. Furthermore, IXth Generation, The Tithe and Invisible Republic all start their second story arcs; Tech Jacket promises a game-changer; Oddly Normal introduces actual superheroes; Thief of Thieves sets up a new phase aaaaand Rumble has another jump-on issue after last month's success.

What are you all reading?
    (No new series this week, so here's today's Witchblade cover.)

212700_s0.jpg

Just Invisible Republic this week for me.

Just Elephantmen for me. Trade-waiting on Mythic.

I'm picking up Manhattan Projects, Wolf, Mythic, Oddly Normal, and Nameless.
    Manhattan Projects and Nameless are the ones who will really be duking it out for the vote, the others are very much underdogs.
    I do miss my Marvel books, but the Secret Wars break makes it easier on the wallet to snap up 5 Image books in a week.

Only Wolf for me, so I voted for that. It was a good issue.

Incredible Member

Invisible Republic for me...it's a quietly intriguing book, but I feel like we have not even scratched the surface of what this story is about.

Manhattan Projects was good, but Nameless melted my brain and earns my vote ten times over.
    I'm working my way through Grant Morrison's older books. I got into him with this and Multiversity earlier in the year. I just finished his Animal Man, New X-Men, JLA, and All Star Superman, and now am reading his Batman run. I hear Invisibles is top notch stuff.

Only picked up Wolf, and it earned the vote. Lots of new development of the existing plot while introducing even more mystery. Really loving this book so far

Also only picked up Wolf today, and I agree it's worth a vote.

I felt like this was the issue where Ales really got comfortable with the pacing and characterisation – his books usually take a couple issues to click with a secret avengers being the biggest culprit. Really happy because I felt issue two was quite flat compared to Kot's other work.

Speaking if which, does anyone know the numbers for Wolf? I listened to a podcast with him on the other day where he stated the book could go for "4 issues to 40" depending on sales. Since the book has a very atmospheric , character establishing focus at the moment, I'm hoping that means the initial sales are good and he's slowly planting seeds, but I could easily see myself getting disappointed with a 12 issue anticlimactic run.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Speaking if which, does anyone know the numbers for Wolf? I listened to a podcast with him on the other day where he stated the book could go for "4 issues to 40" depending on sales. Since the book has a very atmospheric , character establishing focus at the moment, I'm hoping that means the initial sales are good and he's slowly planting seeds, but I could easily see myself getting disappointed with a 12 issue anticlimactic run.
    Second issue ranked #166 with 11,725

---

I liked Invisible Republic and Manhattan Projects. But Nameless was on a whole other level of freaky brilliance. So that easily earns my vote.
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Nothing for me this week. Hasn't happened in a while.

I hate to say it, but very weak week for Image. Only book I read is Rumble and I am not even caught up yet. So technically my vote goes to that book, but I had no books from Image this week.

My read pile this week was Invisible Republic #6, Mythic #4, Nameless #5, Rumble #7, Wolf #3.

Invisible Republic & Rumble were decent, Nameless was WTF!!!!

I voted for Wolf which along with Mythic was my favorite this week. Mythic was fun but the main part of the story ended 9 pages in, the rest of the issue was the origin story of the skeptical ghost character. Not a major problem but seeing the end titles after just 9 pages kinda threw me & gave Wolf the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Invisible Republic for me...it's a quietly intriguing book, but I feel like we have not even scratched the surface of what this story is about.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm loving these characters and their stories haven't even begun to be told. Plus, we just got introduced to another major player, i'm very interested to see what she's about.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Didn't buy anything this week from Image, but I enjoyed the first few issues of Oddly Normal so that gets my vote.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa