View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Elephantmen #66

1 3.33%
  • Empty Zone #4

1 3.33%
  • Invisible Republic #6

4 13.33%
  • IXth Generation #5

1 3.33%
  • Manhattan Projects: The Sun Beyond The Stars #3

2 6.67%
  • Mythic #4

2 6.67%
  • Nameless #5

5 16.67%
  • Oddly Normal #10

2 6.67%
  • Reyn #8

0 0%
  • Rumble #7

4 13.33%
  • Tech Jacket #11

0 0%
  • Thief of Thieves #31

2 6.67%
  • The Tithe #5

1 3.33%
  • Witchblade #184

1 3.33%
  • Wolf #3

4 13.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Didn't actually pick anything up from Image this week because I am broke. But Mythic, Reyn, and Tithe all seem interesting to me. Might try them out in the future.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'm actually kinda surprised Reyn is still ongoing. I thought it was going to be a miniseries when the first issue came out earlier this year. I haven't been following it, but is it worth checking out?
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Reyn is fun, definitely give it a try.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Agreed, what I saw of Reyn was fine. There are some cool monster designs like the spider in #1 and that snake thing in #5. It's not really my thing though, and this week's cover is really cringeworthy. No offense to people who enjoy that 90ies-esque cheesecakey stuff, but both chainmail bikinis & tails/tentacles used to restrain female characters are veeeeery off putting to me. Just instantly vaporises any interest I (might) have in something.

But yeah apart from that huge personal gripe the interior art looks decent, and while I've only flipped through a few, it's cool they're not just doing a standard fantasy plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I'm working my way through Grant Morrison's older books.
    Don't forget about Doom Patrol.

Forget Nameless was out this week. I happily voted for MP.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm always sorry I don't 'get' to vote for Oddly Normal, which's always deserving as it's a fun, even enchanting read. But when it is published the same week as Thief of Thieves, Thieves steals the vote. Intensely character-driven, well-drawn, and 'real-world', it's Image's title that pleased me most this week.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Did anyone read the start of the new The Tithe arc? This arc is already much better than the first, the stakes are about as high as they can get. The topics are much more serious than a big heist series now, and is focused on violent extremists.
    At first I wasn't impressed by The Tithe #1, but when I realized it was by the same guy who writes Postal, I gave it a second chance and read the first trade, and the story as a whole was great. And this new arc is only going to take it to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampyCA View Post
    Don't forget about Doom Patrol.
    Yeah, I've heard amazing things about that one, too. This Grant Morrison marathon has been great. Almost as much fun as when I first discovered HP Lovecraft. This dude is consistently mind blowing.

New story arc of The Tithe started off awesome and gets my vote. Really underrated series. Newest issue of Thief of Thieves was also great and was my runner up.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Hype for tomorrow?

I binge read Stray Bullets in the last month, and tomorrow will be the first time I will have the honor of casting my vote in its name. Unless Spread does something truly special, I don't see anything beating Stray Bullets for me.

Not Image, but there's also a new issue of Sandman tomorrow, the greatest comic in the multiverse, so it'll be a good day.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 09-29-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Hype for tomorrow?

I binge read Stray Bullets in the last month, and tomorrow will be the first time I will have the honor of casting my vote in its name. Unless Spread does something truly special, I don't see anything beating Stray Bullets for me.
    Good to hear, glad we have more fans to spread the word. The August sales figures for Stray Bullets did a paltry 4827 copies sold so anytime we have new readers it's a great thing. Gotta help Lapham get the word out so he can keep pumping out more issues.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Good to hear, glad we have more fans to spread the word. The August sales figures for Stray Bullets did a paltry 4827 copies sold so anytime we have new readers it's a great thing. Gotta help Lapham get the word out so he can keep pumping out more issues.
    Those sales are sad, but I have to say, it's understandable. This arc is kind of a retread of **** we already knew happened, and the weakest arc yet because of that. The prequel nobody asked for. At least this final issue should be brutal, even if we already know the general fate of the characters in this arc. I just want more young Amy Racecar antics. Beth is not as exciting for me to read. I like the kids drama.
    The arc isn't bad, it's just not as good as the others.

Those sales are sad, but I have to say, it's understandable. This arc is kind of a retread of **** we already knew happened, and the weakest arc yet because of that. The prequel nobody asked for. At least this final issue should be brutal, even if we already know the general fate of the characters in this arc. I just want more young Amy Racecar antics. Beth is not as exciting for me to read. I like the kids drama.
    The arc isn't bad, it's just not as good as the others.
    Good news, I saw issue #12 solicited in this months Previews catalog. Frankly I'm shocked that we've had as many issues as we've had, sales have always been bad has nothing to do with the arc. Just need more readers and shops to carry it.