Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Paper or Plastic?

This thread is bound to cause huge controversy I'm sure. I can already predict the local news stories spinning outta this thread and what it could mean. But I also know this thread could be one our great grandkids can look back on and say ....THIS DISCUSSION WAS IMPORTANT ...darn it !

Yes folks its time we sit down and discussed this like rational adults. Not one where we react and jump out at each other. So...lets sit down and debate this thread in the calm manner we can. Lets sit and debate the biggest issue of today's time.....

Paper vs. Plastic.

Yes folks as a frequent grocery shopper I am often given the choice of paper vs plastic. I feel so wrong if I take a plastic bag at times. Like I destroying the enviroment and that Alabama will show up and tell me in person , "I'm Not Passing It On Down" . So I usually take the paper bags. Because I believe in tomorrow.

I don't know about everyone in CBR. Do you take paper bags ?

Which will help our childrens , children ....children down the line. Or do you take the easy way out and go Plastic ?

This likely is a sign we live for today , to heck with tomorrow. Childrens , children.....children ? To heck with that thought !

So what is the choice of CBR ? Is it paper...or plastic ? Let this choice echo through humanity folks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

I would opt for paper bags, but I'm usually too lazy and my local grocery store usually doesn't offer them in the first place.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Neither chicken nor egg. Dizzy D's Avatar

Take your Canvas Bags, Super!

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

On foot constantly, so everything goes in the backpack.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

In my hometown, the issue has already been settled by a totalitarian regime. Plastic is banned from all shops.

And paper comes with a price.

Canvas strongly encouraged.

BANNED

Plastic all the way. Humanity has always shown it will take the path of least resistance until forced to act (see climate change), so we have to clog up the landfills and keep the garbage island growing until folks are forced to change their ways or die. Using paper/canvas bags and recycling only delays the inevitable while stroking individual's environmentally conscious egos.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

You can donate your used plastic bags to your local food bank who can use them to help feed hundreds of families every week.

Growing up I remember my parents using paper inside of plastic because it was stronger and the bags would never break before you could get them home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Take your Canvas Bags, Super!
    This is certainly the better alternative to both the wasted cutting down of trees and the pollution from discarded plastic.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I really should opt for cavas bags...
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I like my Groceries as I like my Necronomicon --

carried in Human Flesh.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

I don't usually get a choice but I suppose I would prefer paper. I hate the idea of cutting trees but at least a wayward paper bag will disintegrate pretty quickly. I try to reuse and recycle plastic bags as much as I can.

If it's smaller, lighter products, I'll opt for plastic. If they're heavier, I'll go with paper, because those bags are easier to hold up in your arms if you need to carry heavy items into the house.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

If you choose plastic you're KILLING THE PLANET!!!!!!111!!!!

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    If you choose plastic you're KILLING THE PLANET!!!!!!111!!!!
    If you choose paper you're also killing the planet by needless cutting down trees!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I bring the reusable canvas bags

Reduce. Re-use. Recycle. In that order of priority. I have a few re-usable nylon bags that stuff into a sewn in pouch. They fit in my pocket and I've used them for years. Also, you can take your plastic and paper bags back to the store and re-use them. If I forget to bring my reusable bags I ask for paper and then I re-use it as a garbage bag.