Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Medusa vs. Wolverine

At a glance, it seems like Wolverine would stomp Medusa. *snikt* followed by a quick bloodbath.

Or maybe not. All the usual Khazan defaults. Who wins this?

No takers so far?

As I see it, Medusa has a significant reach advantage. She extend her hair up to 12 feet, and even a fist-sized lock can lift 750 pounds. That's more than sufficient to grab and hold Wolverine. So Wolverine runs at her while she launches a multitude of locks towards him. Wolverine slashes away some of the strands as he closes, but he only has two hands and she has many more strands. So even while he chops away some of the hair, she is going to be able to grab him and lift him the air. Once she gets a hold of each of his wrists, he is done slashing, and then she can use more hair to strangle him while he writhes in the air.

If you view that whole "I whip my hair back and forth and make sonic booms" thing as legit, Wolverine is actually at something of a disadvantage here.

Mighty Member

She should be able to get his wrists sufficiently entangled that she can control his movements. After that she can rather easily strangle/suffocate/asphyxiate him.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, there was that time Medusa got angry and beat the **** out of Venom with little effort.

If that's legit then Logan is in all sorts of trouble.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Medusa's hair also cannot be cut unless she wills it to be cut-able. So she could probably beat the crap out of Wolverine.

Her hair also means she could keep his claws far from her and then suffocate him or just immobilise him indefinitely.

Medusa's hair also cannot be cut unless she wills it to be cut-able.
    Well, this is an amusing reverse of another thread I'm in as far as defending a character, but that her hair can resist being cut by some things doesn't mean it can resist being cut by all things. What's the toughest thing her hair has bounced from cutting it?

Anyway, moot if she's viably the sonic boom generating, Venom flattening lady.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Well, this is an amusing reverse of another thread I'm in as far as defending a character, but that her hair can resist being cut by some things doesn't mean it can resist being cut by all things. What's the toughest thing her hair has bounced from cutting it?

I don't really remember, I remember her hair stopping bullets, being completely fire proof because she had to extinguish Inferno when he was out of control. There aren't many sword fights with Inhumans lol.

I imagine we'd have a large array of weird feats as different series handled it differently, one feat mentioned is that she can make her hair grow and extend so her presence length could probably double if she needed it to and judging by the evenings of Jae Lee's Inhumans, she can regrow her hair quickly after it's cut.

The second thing doesn't really help with the durability, and the first, bullets and fire are in the grand scheme of things only so notable for stopping.

Like I say all the same, it doesn't super matter pending the other stuff.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Maybe the hair's combination of tensile strength and flexibility would let it wrap around Wolverine's claws rather than get cut? Mr. Fantastic has done that with his elastic body. Although he's been able to pierce things like Hulk's skin when he probably shouldn't actually have the strength to, no matter how sharp the claws are, and I doubt the hair has MF's inherent durability.

Anyway, off topic, but my first thought upon seeing the title was "Wait, can Wolverine resist petrification?"

From the Beyond! limited series from a few years back.

From the Beyond! limited series from a few years back.
    Like I say, if she can legit whip her hair around at mach 2 and opts to do it with more than, for instance, a single strand, Wolverine's pretty effed.

Although he's been able to pierce things like Hulk's skin when he probably shouldn't actually have the strength to, no matter how sharp the claws are
    2006, the Hulk stopped a claw strike from Wolverine with his open palm. No cut. There's an entire thread on this board of people having absolute nil supporting feats, despite being asked for them, for why when Wolverine cuts high end bricks it's anything but PIS.

Mighty Member

What is Booster Gold doing there?

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    What is Booster Gold doing there?
    That's Hank Pym, as plain ole Hank Pym.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

2006, the Hulk stopped a claw strike from Wolverine with his open palm. No cut. There's an entire thread on this board of people having absolute nil supporting feats, despite being asked for them, for why when Wolverine cuts high end bricks it's anything but PIS.
    Well, at least someone tried an accurate portrayal at one point. Most fights I've read or watched, Wolvie's able to cut into him like a roast ham, despite Hulk bouncing bullets off his face with nary a scratch in the same stories. And then there was that time he hacked off half of the Thing's face with one swipe, forcing Thing to wear a bucket helmet over his head for a couple years.

But then again, Wolverine's been able to cut through solid metals with bone claws, too. Maybe his secret Secondary Mutation is Plot Induced Strength.