Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

It's best not to think about the Mangaverse.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*google image*

*clicks on Mangaverse Punisher*

Sounds about right.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    [suspicious look] Where's the nanometer width?
    Idk. You said yourself they meant the blade so idk what you mean.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Idk. You said yourself they meant the blade so idk what you mean.
    I hate explaining jokes, it ruins them not that it was a good one to begin with....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Never mind. I've wrapped my mind around it and realized the sword on his arm isn't what he's talking about. The actual blade is invisible to the naked eye, being something to the tune of a nanometer in length.

Well played, artist. Well played.
    It's a poor attempt at humor based on 'forged to the dimensions of a nanometer' (a blade forged to the dimensions of a nanometer would be...about a nanometer. In size. Everywhere. So, really really tiny).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It's not that weird. None of that stuff is really a big conceptual leap from the crap we see peak humans doing with their bare hands (tearing the trunk hoods off cars underwater from outside, punching people through, in the sense that the door buckles and smashes down, reinforced steel doors, aerial tackling people right through brick walls, so forth).

I mean it's weird in the sense of real life humans, sure. Real life humans aren't taking out tigers and Rhinos and such in hand to hand combat either.
    Then again, what exactly makes MCU Cap more 'superhuman' than 616-Cap (which is board consensus afair)?
    I mean, the **** in those scans isn't much different from what MCU Cap pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Then again, what exactly makes MCU Cap more 'superhuman' than 616-Cap (which is board consensus afair)?
    I mean, the **** in those scans isn't much different from what MCU Cap pulls.
    Better durability (doing jumps like he did out a plane into the water sans parachute and just laughing it off like it was nothing), better lifting (that motorcycle with the woman on it right over his head like it were nothing, the key being the like it were nothing), killing a jeep with a thrown motorcycle instead of an indestructible shield.

Better durability (doing jumps like he did out a plane into the water sans parachute and just laughing it off like it was nothing), better lifting (that motorcycle with the woman on it right over his head like it were nothing, the key being the like it were nothing), killing a jeep with a thrown motorcycle instead of an indestructible shield.
    Back in the day, 616 Cap truly was what we would call "Super Human". But times have changed. Then there were characters who could perform the same physical feats that he could do, such as Batman, and even surpass him, such as Shiva, yet they weren't given a super steroid. And it's because of that; the standards for what it is to be a; "Super Human", have changed. The bar has been raised. Now they make guys like Ultimate Captain and MCU Captain appear to be actually Super human, even among guys like Batman and such.

So it makes sense that newer adaptions will be physically superior to the original. The bar for what it is to be Super Human has been raised a few notches.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

During part of the Englehart run, Cap really did have low-end superhuman strength. I think that only lasted about three years our time, which is probably like six months in the Marvel universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    During part of the Englehart run, Cap really did have low-end superhuman strength. I think that only lasted about three years our time, which is probably like six months in the Marvel universe.
    He had an explicit power up at one point during his Cap-ing about (he also had one for a little while before that), but they were short lived things. It also provides a useful benchmark "is this something Cap did when he had an explicit superstrength power up?" and that kind of thing.

It's funny that Burnside and US Agent have Super Strength too.
    Seems to be a thing for replacements.

Was initially thinking Wolverine would win in a good fight until I saw that scan of her spanking Venom lol. I think Medusa would clear a majority.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Eh...Unless I am mistaken, I don't think she has the reactions to actually take on Venom.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Eh...Unless I am mistaken, I don't think she has the reactions to actually take on Venom.
    Here's the thing about that. If she can whip her hair about at mach 2 and otherwise cause sonic booms, that stuff can get a decent level of durability/tensile strength going to it, and she can grow it out to cover a pretty decent area. She doesn't really need comparable reaction time, he won't be able to close to her without getting effed up by the hair.

Here's the thing about that. If she can whip her hair about at mach 2 and otherwise cause sonic booms, that stuff can get a decent level of durability/tensile strength going to it, and she can grow it out to cover a pretty decent area. She doesn't really need comparable reaction time, he won't be able to close to her without getting effed up by the hair.
    I'd figured he could wrap her up in webbing before she could do anything. Blinding her. Though I suppose her hair could just rip it off yes?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I'd figured he could wrap her up in webbing before she could do anything. Blinding her. Though I suppose her hair could just rip it off yes?
    I was gonna say, she could probably hair her way out of that, yeah.