Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

(I'm late but}

Yeah, if Logan gets in close Medusa gets gutted.

The hair mean that Logan is not getting in close save via ambush. Medusa gets a trim at worse before Wolvie gets mummy-wrapped or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Eh...Unless I am mistaken, I don't think she has the reactions to actually take on Venom.
    She doesn't. She isn't even peak human. One could maybe put her around the level of black Widow, but even that is a stretch. Realistically, Venom would blitz her dead.

On the other hand, I think I once heard real world whips can break the sound barrier...so Medusa shipping at Mach 2 is far from a stretch.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The TIPS of real world whips break the sound barrier. That's why there's a crack. But it's just the tips.

It's not actually anything hugely special.

Edit: Hah, and I am proven wrong.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...f-whips-crack/

Looks like whips CAN reach twice the speed of sound at the tip just from this article, and the actual crack comes from something other than the tip breaking the sound barrier. So...this Medusa thing is either 'she can move her actual hair at mach 2', or it's 'her hair moves like a whip, which is nothing special to someone like Venom (aside from it being a Class 10 whip)'.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 09-27-2015 at 04:29 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The TIPS of real world whips break the sound barrier. That's why there's a crack. But it's just the tips.

It's not actually anything hugely special.

Edit: Hah, and I am proven wrong.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...f-whips-crack/

Looks like whips CAN reach twice the speed of sound at the tip just from this article, and the actual crack comes from something other than the tip breaking the sound barrier. So...this Medusa thing is either 'she can move her actual hair at mach 2', or it's 'her hair moves like a whip, which is nothing special to someone like Venom (aside from it being a Class 10 whip)'.
    The observation from the scan is that she's moving her hair at mach 2, soo..

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    "At the moment of impact, her hair is traveling faster than Mach 2."

I think the implication is that it's just regular whip mechanics, not her whole hair moving that fast. However, given the strength she can use and how quickly she can bind people, she probably does have a degree high-speed hair movement, even if she doesn't have the mental reflexes. Just not sure it's at sonic speeds on its own, though.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-27-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    "At the moment of impact, her hair is traveling faster than Mach 2."

I think the implication is that it's just regular whip mechanics, not her whole hair moving that fast. However, given the strength she can use and how quickly she can bind people, she probably does have a degree high-speed hair movement, even if she doesn't have the mental reflexes. Just not sure it's at sonic speeds on its own, though.
    The part where she's delivering sonic booms into his body via doing so makes me somewhat sketchy on that being the idea.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid-who-cried-wolf View Post
    She doesn't. She isn't even peak human. One could maybe put her around the level of black Widow, but even that is a stretch. Realistically, Venom would blitz her dead.

On the other hand, I think I once heard real world whips can break the sound barrier...so Medusa shipping at Mach 2 is far from a stretch.
    Inhumans base stats are above peak humans, they have elevated strength etc as part of the kree experimentation. So having a faster reaction time seems plausible and above the stats of black widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Pretty straightforward, then, and no reason to bring up real world whips and stuff.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Another scene where Medusa does the hair-whip:

Not to mention she is also super strong

Beyond! 03-03.jpg

Inhuman 002-017.jpg

And can catch bullets *second page in the next post

Inhuman 004-006.jpg
    Last edited by Crawfo; 09-28-2015 at 02:07 AM.

sorry scan limit on the last post - here is the second page for catching bullets

Inhuman 004-012.jpg

And her catching Whirlwind who moves about as fast as classic Quicksilver

Avengers(1000)_083_16.jpg

And binding Blastaar

Inhumans - v1 - 002-08.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfo View Post
    sorry scan limit on the last post - here is the second page for catching bullets

Inhuman 004-012.jpg
    With all of the other stuff, that's a pretty good indication that Logan is screwed, here.
    Why are we here?

Medusa is so kickass.

And yet, like Black Bolt, I feel like her becoming a regular monthly main focus character is only going to lead to unfortunateness.