BANNED

Default Morning Glories?

It seems like the last two or three issues have been released very irregularly. Is this title cancelled?

All-New Member

Is it me or has it seemed like since the first 4 tpb , thr book has lost steam and been going in circles to try to keep us hooked?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hexagon View Post
    Is it me or has it seemed like since the first 4 tpb , thr book has lost steam and been going in circles to try to keep us hooked?
    This is why I dropped the book around like #20. It was constantly just "WTF!? NEW TWIST! OMG!" and never any answers or even half-hearted attempts at explanations.

Did this book ever answer any its questions? I dropped it a while ago

Like whats the purpose of the school?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post

Not even close to a resolution yet. I don't feel that much like I'm being strung along, as each issue ties various strands together, and I enjoy the mystery. But if it wrapped up by issue 60, I wouldn't mind. If it gets that far...

I think I've solved a few things in the book (pretty sure I know who the Headmaster is) but no spoilers...

Please end this book. I am too invested to drop it, but really want this ride to end already. He wasn't lying about it being the new LOST, both series share the same downward spiral in quality down the line.

Amazing Member

I don't know if the quality has gone down, but the delay in issues doesn't help a series when it's really hard to remember all the details. I've always said this book demands rereads but as you get higher in numbers a reread becomes more difficult. I've probably read #1-25 or so 3-4 times and have a good understanding of it. but the next 20 I haven't reread so I feel lost here and there.

It doesn't help that some characters sort of look the same.

Either way, I still enjoy the book and feel if I just reread it again I'd be back to understanding as much as he's let you so far.

I thought I read somewhere that the whole story is planned to be 100 issues. After reading and really enjoying 1-25, I decided that this would be a better series to read straight through, all "at once." So my plan is to wait for the series to conclude and then read it all from the beginning.

Long Ago User...

Quote Originally Posted by el shah View Post

I've felt the same way about this book waaay back with the first few issues, that's when I dropped it, bc it didn't seem to be going anywhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by onetimeasianlover View Post
    I've felt the same way about this book waaay back with the first few issues, that's when I dropped it, bc it didn't seem to be going anywhere.
    Well, there's a lot going on in this book.

Why do the students fall asleep in the limo on the way to the school?
    Who is the headmaster?
    What is the school? Why can't any of the students leave it?
    Why do we see things like Plato's Cave and Babylon?
    Why does Hunter weigh so much?
    What is 8:13?
    Why do people like Jade and Irina have certain powers?
    What do the morning glories in the hothouse have to do with anything?
    Where are the various characters in the timeline?
    Who are the future selves?
    Who/what is David?
    Why are there magic rituals at the school?
    What does "For a Better Future" mean?
    What does the opening page of issue #1 tell us?
    Who is on which "side"?
    What is the tesseract?

It's a very complex story line. It reminds me of Mulholland Dr or Primer. Things are being revealed but it's very gradual and there is plenty of conflicting information. The series is basically a mind puzzle, which is why I like it.

As Hero says, it might be best to read this series once all of the collections are available. But I can never wait...

Fantastic Member

Interestingly enough, the latest issue has a link to the Morning Glory Days tag in this site; but that one hasn't been updated since July 2014.

IMO, that's a good metaphor for the book as a whole - it should have been put to rest a long time ago, but it's just kind of crawling now like a half undead zombie.

It's not a bad story. But I'm afraid it will pull a "Lost" on us and, after years of foreshadowing, not actually reveal anything worth the waiting.