Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Is Rick back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I actually think Rick Jones should have become Captain Marvel, not clicking his bands together and emerges a Captain Marvel, no. But becoming Cap himself. Like a brown hair Rick Jones Captain Marvel with his own costume. Let's face it by becoming sidekick to every hero in the MU over the years, he's become "Mr. Marvel", he has seen everything basically. It would be more than fitting. The guy started the Avengers, created the Hulk, became a Bucky to Cap. Next step would have been representing of the whole MU.
    Rick Jones did become Captain Marvel in the Ultimates universe, and that version was recently put into the Avengers Academy mobile game.
    However, I'm all for Captain Marvel!Rick happening in the main 616 universe!

Last edited by sweetxsecret; 05-19-2018 at 08:39 PM.

BANNED

I do not think the marvel character Rick Jones will be coming back in any of the present day marvel comics anytime soon.
    Marvel comics 'killed' 616 Wolverine in 2014 the character's 40th anniversary who has come back now in 2018 4 years!
    Marvel comics 'killed' 616 Rick in 2017 the character's 55th anniversary so IF marvel comics decides to bring the character back it will most likely be years!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Incredible Hulk #1 May 1962
    The first appearance of Rick Jones in "The Coming of the Hulk"
    It's the height of the Cold War and the government is about to test their new Gamma Bomb.
    Unfortunately, a carefree and oblivious teenager named Rick Jones wanders out onto the test area.
    Dr. Bruce Banner, the creator of the Gamma Bomb, rushes out to warn the young man away.
    However, the bomb explodes and as Banner pushes the teenager to safety he is caught in the heart of a Gamma maelstrom.

The gamma-rays that bombard Banner's taunt frame transform his physiology.

Now, whenever Banner becomes angry he transforms into the man-brute known as the Incredible Hulk.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Paul Reinman.

NOTE: Notice that the Hulk was colored grey for the first few issues of his series.
    In an interview, Stan Lee said very simply that the reason for this was that grey was the easiest color for the copiers of the time to print.
    When the technology got better the Hulk became green, and according to Stan, for no better reason than they didn't have a green hero in their stable yet.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Neal Adams!!!

Avengers #93 Nov 1971
    "This Beachhead Earth" Part 5 of 9. Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell.
    Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man have arrived at Avengers Mansion to find it deserted. Suddenly the Vision bursts into the room and passes out.
    They summon Henry Pym who arrives in the guise of Ant Man to help repair the Vision.
    Battling through the android's "immune system" the tiny Avenger manages to revive the synthezoid.
    The Vision explains to them the events that led up to this moment:
    The battle in the Arctic, the insurgence in alien hysteria, H. Warren Craddock's government hearings,
    and finally the fact that Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor had told the Avengers to disband
    something that shocks the members present because they do not recall those events.
    The Vision continues to explain that after they were ordered to disband, they went to meet up with Captain Marvel
    and soon found themselves battling three cows that shape changed into Mr. Fantastic, the Thing, and the Human Torch.
    While the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were defeated and captured, the Vision managed to escape thanks to his density changing powers.
    After the Vision explains his story, the Avengers vow to rescue their friends and Mar-Vell.

Meanwhile, at the farm, we learn that Captain Marvel and Carol Danvers are prisoners of the Skrulls.
    They watch on the monitors as the three Skrulls disguised as members of the Fantastic Four stalk the remaining uncaptured Avenger: Goliath.

Goliath and Rick Jones are soon found by the Skrulls and captured as well. They explain that they were part of the first Skrull visit to Earth,
    but were defeated by the then recently formed Fantastic Four and were hypnotized into believing they were cows.
    Suddenly, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Vision arrive on the farm to rescue their friends.

While back inside the farm, Mar-Vell manages to free himself and Carol Danvers.

While the Avengers battle the "Fantastic Four", Mar-Vell begins creating an Omni-Wave device, a Kree communicator, and prominent weapon.
    However, when he is done he destroys it because "Carol" turns out to be the Super-Skrull in disguise and Mar-Vell figures out the truth before the Super-Skrull can take it from him.

However, the Super-Skrull manages to defeat Mar-Vell and sets the ship inside the farm to blast off.
    The Avengers, having just defeated their Skrull opponents, attempt to stop the ship from escaping but ultimately fail
    Appearances by Rick Jones and the Super-Skrull. Avengers Lineup: Ant-Man, Captain America, Goliath, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor and the Vision.

Script by Roy Thomas. Pencils by Neal Adams https://13thdimension.com/neal-adams...covers-ranked/. Inks by Tom Palmer.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 06-15-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I do not think the marvel character Rick Jones will be coming back in any of the present day marvel comics anytime soon.
    I'd be very surprised if Rick doesn't turn up in Al Ewing's new Immortal Hulk series. He's talked in interviews about the Hulk's rarely used ability to see the dead tying in with what he's doing on the title, and Rick and Bruce/Hulk have such a long history, that I suspect we'll see some version of Jones back soon.

BANNED

You make a very good point! Perhaps the Immortal Hulk series will depict Rick appearing to Bruce/Hulk in the way the character did appearing to Genis/Captain Marvel!

BANNED

Captain Marvel #7 May 2003
    Monsters and Gods - Part One
    Captain Marvel decides to become a god!

Genis begins to explore his god complex and can't think of a better place to do so than Asgard.

Peter David (w)/Kyle Hotz (p & i)/Chris Sotomayor (color)

BANNED

Exclamation Another Avengers 4 Hint? Marvel is Reprinting Avengers Forever in September

This is from an old Captain America comic I own:

It's a bit of a curiosity, being a back-up strip that ultimately goes nowhere. I wonder if it was a try-out piece from Steve Leialoha that they decided was good enough to publish?

BANNED

To me, it certainly is a good enough try-out piece from Steve Leialoha to publish Btw what issue number of Captain America is the above posted "Captain Avenger" story from?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I actually think Rick Jones should have become Captain Marvel, not clicking his bands together and emerges a Captain Marvel, no. But becoming Cap himself. Like a brown hair Rick Jones Captain Marvel with his own costume. Let's face it by becoming sidekick to every hero in the MU over the years, he's become "Mr. Marvel", he has seen everything basically. It would be more than fitting. The guy started the Avengers, created the Hulk, became a Bucky to Cap. Next step would have been representing of the whole MU.
    The post above depicts the comicbook character Rick Jones like that I dislike the unmasked look very much though.

BANNED

Captain Marvel #8 Jun 2003
    Monsters and Gods - Part Two
    Captain Marvel takes on the role of the Grand Mediator!

Genis mediates a conflict between the Asgardians and two Storm Giants in his own way.

Peter David (w)/Kyle Hotz (p & i)/Chris Sotomayor (color)

The Captain Avenger story was from Captain America vol 1 #221.

BANNED

Thanks for the info!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It may sound petty, but when Mar-Vell came back in Secret Avengers, I was pissed that they changed his costume colours to green and white. Red and blue costume with no ****ing about, please.
    To me the colour combination of green and white is unique I cannot think of another superhero character sporting such a colour combination
    and I am extremely pleased with the colour combination green, silver and black showing up in the MCU come 2019.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Tom Palmer!!!

Avengers #94 Dec 1971
    "More Than Inhuman!" Part 6 of 9. Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell.
    After having defeated and captured three Skrulls the Avengers return to Avengers Mansion and contact the Fantastic Four,
    reporting the incident to Mr. Fantastic who identifies the Skrulls as three of the four members of a group the Fantastic Four had originally encountered.
    The Avengers are however still left wondering what happened to the Vision.

The Vision has followed after the Skrull ship that escaped the Avengers. Upon making it to said craft he remained hidden, eavesdropping on the Super-Skrull's plans.

The Super Skrull who's holding the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Captain Marvel hostage plans to deliver them to the Skrull Emperor to undo his exile,
    but before doing so he attempts to destroy another obstacle in the Skrull's way of domination: Attilan, the hidden city of the Inhumans who are descendants of Kree genetic experiments.
    The Vision overhearing the Super-Skrull's monologue interferes with this attempt, in the end the Vision fails
    and the Skrull is able to launch a wave of destruction upon the city and all it's surroundings.

However Attilan is not without its defenses as an umbrella of dark light and energy protects it from the Super Skrull's attack. Realizing that his powers are no match for the Super-Skrull,
    the Vision leaves so as not to risk the lives of those he plans to save, while the Super-Skrull continues his journey towards the Skrull current home world.
    Upon arriving at the Skrull home world, the Super-Skrull is greeted to aggression and so he fights his way to the palace of the Emperor to combat the Emperor directly, but he's defeated.
    The Skrulls then transport the Super-Skrull's hostages to the throne room where they force Mar-Vell
    to agree to build an Omni-Wave device for them or else they'll destroy Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.

Mar-Vell initially refuses but upon seeing his allies near death changes his mind and agrees to build an Omni-Wave device, allowing the two heroes to be spared.

Meanwhile back on Earth, the Avengers are figuring out their next course of action when they get a tip from Nick Fury of an impending attack.
    Not soon after H. Warren Craddock arrives with an army of Mandroids to capture the Avengers.
    As the Avengers battle against these humans in suits of high tech armor designed by Tony Stark,
    Triton of the Inhumans crawls out of a manhole, apparently arriving on some important mission...
    First appearance of the Mandroids. Cameo appearances by Nick Fury, Triton, Mr. Fantastic, and the Thing.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Goliath, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor and the Vision.

Script by Roy Thomas. Pencils by Neal Adams and John Buscema. Inks by Tom Palmer http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_tom_palmer/.