Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Rick Jones Captain Marvel Appreciation - "MARV!"

Captain Marvel is one of the Marvel Universe's original celestial super-heroes.
    Captain Marvel was re-introduced to fans in the pages of the hit '99 series Avengers Forever, which became an instant classic.
    From the pages of the hit Avengers Forever comes an instant classic: Captain Marvel.
    Son of the legendary Mar-Vell, Genis continues the legacy left by his Kree-warrior father.
    There's a catch, though, since Genis shares a body with Rick Jones, longtime Avengers ally.
    Only one of them can exist on Earth at any given moment. Hijinks ensue

Rick is trying to figure out what his life holds for him.
    He's trying to work things out with his estranged wife, Marlo, and trying to understand what it means to be a hero.

Genis, on the other hand, is trying to acclimate to Earth, Rick, and a world full of dangers.
    Will this unlikely duo be able to get along long enough to save the world??

BANNED

Talking Happy 15th anniversary Captain Marvel! 2000-2015

Out of all of the random books of late 90’s to early 00’s period of Marvel, Captain Marvel just might have been my favorite.
    Pairing the moody and immature Genis-Vell with the veteran Rick Jones in the form of Captain Marvel was inspired, and it felt in a lot of ways like some of the more fun, adventurous parts of David’s Incredible Hulk run (it helped that Jones and his wife Marlo were in the book).

This book was woefully underrated and deserved a bigger audience, and it once again showcased how talented David is at managing character relations and the organic bonds that form between them (Nega Bonds, not withstanding).
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 09-23-2015 at 10:26 AM.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Peter Allen David!

Thank you for all the wonderful marvel comics that you have written so far.
    I LOVED “The Death of Jean DeWolff”, your 12 year run on The Incredible Hulk, your run on X-Factor, Spider-Man 2099 and of course, Captain Marvel!

Have a GREAT day PAD!

LOVED this book. Sticking Rick Jones, Marvel's perennial side-kick as the most experiened of this duo was a stroke of genius. This was an extremely clever book, whose lack of success speaks very poorly to Marvel's fandom general taste and IQ. It had everything. Action, humor, clever and unexpected twists galore, and pretty ggod art through most of it's run. Wasting Genis-vell was a real waste of a good character, and I fell sorry that Marvel feels so intent in hammering Carol down our throats as the new Captain Marvel, just so they can finnaly have their Wonder Woman, because we probably will never have a chance of having this book (this duo) back.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    LOVED this book. Sticking Rick Jones, Marvel's perennial side-kick as the most experiened of this duo was a stroke of genius. This was an extremely clever book, whose lack of success speaks very poorly to Marvel's fandom general taste and IQ. It had everything. Action, humor, clever and unexpected twists galore, and pretty ggod art through most of it's run. Wasting Genis-vell was a real waste of a good character, and I fell sorry that Marvel feels so intent in hammering Carol down our throats as the new Captain Marvel, just so they can finnaly have their Wonder Woman, because we probably will never have a chance of having this book (this duo) back.

Peace
    Carol(as Captain Marvel) has had far more relaunch than Greer Grant(Tigra) solo series. I liked her better as Ms. Marvel. Everything that was done to Carol over the years has caused me to lose interest as they have made her into Feminist Military Personal....

I like the Rick Jones Captain Marvel series. Although it might have been cool to see him and Peter Parker working together moreso than Peter and Johnny Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Carol(as Captain Marvel) has had far more relaunch than Greer Grant(Tigra) solo series. I liked her better as Ms. Marvel. Everything that was done to Carol over the years has caused me to lose interest as they have made her into Feminist Military Personal....

I like the Rick Jones Captain Marvel series. Although it might have been cool to see him and Peter Parker working together moreso than Peter and Johnny Storm.
    Frank Cho begs to differ!

BANNED

Peace
    Wow. That statement is so accurate!
    To me, the action, humor, clever and unexpected twists galore makes Captain Marvel a great comicbook series.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 09-12-2016 at 05:28 AM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

YES! This was a fantastic book by PAD! I wish they would bring Genis back and pair him with Rick again. It was so neat! The interaction between all the characters was written very well. Marvel could easily bring him back.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    YES! This was a fantastic book by PAD! I wish they would bring Genis back and pair him with Rick again. It was so neat! The interaction between all the characters was written very well. Marvel could easily bring him back.
    Marvel will easily bring Steve Rogers back to be Captain America in the near future alongside other Captain Americas.
    Marvel can also easily bring back Rick Jones to be Captain Marvel alongside other Captain Marvels.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 05-19-2016 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Marvel will easily bring Steve Rogers back to be Captain America in the near future alongside other Captain America's.
    Marvel can also easily bring back Rick Jones to be Captain Marvel alongside other Captain Marvel's.
    I want the Genis/Rick/Marlo dynamic back as a book. I really loved it. Some of PAD's finest work.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Man, the Genis/Rick/Marlo dynamic WAS INDEED GREAT!

Hahahahaha!!! See? That book was hilarious, but also had action, drama, everything.

This book was soooooo great!

Peace

BANNED

Rick Jones Coming to Captain Marvel & MCU

http://pursuenews.com/captain-marvel...of-rick-jones/

Peace
    Maybe not in the comics but how about the chance for this duo in the MCU!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Whats missing from the MCU....RICK JONES! He should be the connector between the solo franchise movies. Was super disappointed when they kept him out of the Hulk origin on the second go round. Would love it they gave him the Netflix treatment and showed that he's been around the edges of the heroes origins all along.
    Now casting...that could be tricky....
    I don't care how tricky it could be as long as they cast the character of Rick Jones for the MCU without delay!

Love Captain Mar-Vell 's selflessness
    Possibility of this scene to be featured in the 2019 movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    So, if the Rick Jones that was featured in ALIAS with (non-relative) Jessica Jones was an imposter..

...then was Rick Jones' most recent appearance in the miniseries THE LONERS?
    I wouldn't mind a fake MCU Rick Jones being introduced in the Jessica Jones NetFlix series in season 2 in 2018
    so long as the true MCU Rick Jones will be revealed to be the one featured in the 2019 movie.

Astonishing Member

Not exactly.....Rick Jones was (re-) introduced to (then) Excelsior/Loners within RUNAWAYS (VOL II) #6 {He was BTS within #1-5 though}.