Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Drax is upset because Mar-vell killed Thanos (or so he thought). But their epic fight is interrupted by a real crisis, so they team up (of course) to battle the bad guys. Written by Doug Moench. Artwork by Pat Broderick.
    Hah! Great panels!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Marvel will easily bring Steve Rogers back to be Captain America in the near future alongside other Captain America's.
    Marvel can also easily bring back Rick Jones to be Captain Marvel alongside other Captain Marvel's.
    I want the Genis/Rick/Marlo dynamic back as a book. I really loved it. Some of PAD's finest work.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Man, the Genis/Rick/Marlo dynamic WAS INDEED GREAT!

Hahahahaha!!! See? That book was hilarious, but also had action, drama, everything.

This book was soooooo great!

Peace

BANNED

WORD!!!
    & KTANG!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The book had great writing and great art. I really enjoyed the Genis-Vell variation on his father's costume - I was sad when he changed the colours.
    I felt a little sad as well

I felt a little sad as well
    Are you talking about when he took on the look of a Kree soldier's uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Are you talking about when he took on the look of a Kree soldier's uniform?
    I think he means towards the end of the book, when Genny ditched the Kree uniform, and went back to a variation of his father costume, but mostly White and blue, instead of red and blue.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think he means towards the end of the book, when Genny ditched the Kree uniform, and went back to a variation of his father costume, but mostly White and blue, instead of red and blue.

Peace
    Oh, you mean this one:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    So, if the Rick Jones that was featured in ALIAS with (non-relative) Jessica Jones was an imposter..

...then was Rick Jones' most recent appearance in the miniseries THE LONERS?
    Guess you're right since I cannot recall otherwise.
    Glad to read that the Rick Jones who appeared in the ALIAS series was an impostor.
    Would not mind at all if the MCU Rick and Jessica Jones were related and that the MCU Rick Jones would be set up to become the secret identity of one of several MCU Captain Marvels!

To me, THE LONERS are to appear in any of the MCU netflix series since to me they are akin to down-to-earth street characters

Astonishing Member

I love the original Captain Marvel one of Marvel's original cosmic characters. I would say that Marvell is the one character most writers (besides Starlin) wants to write but he has reached Uncle Ben status because Starlin considers his death his masterpiece and doesn't want it messed with. Which is funny because Warlock and Thanos have been resurrected as many if not more times than Jean Grey. However Mar-vell is only used to tease and boost sales. Secret Invasion, Civil War the return, Thanos Imperative, Chaos War (ect, ect)whenever dead characters are mentioned they always tease Marvell but it always a red herring to boost sales. I personally have bought several of these book while I feel if you had substituted in Warlock instead I don't think the needle would move at all.
    I love Genis-vell as well but he too gets the short end of the stick because of a beef between PAD and Joe Q. Guess who won and what character was blacklisted and destroyed. See his inclusion into Thunderbolts where the character wasn't used besides changing the name and trying to forever remove the character from the playing field.

All to give the mantle to Carol Danvers (who I liked as Ms Marvel) the mantle of Captain Marvel. Trying to push the character at every turn, yet it never takes off as much as TPTB would like. Now she is leading a faction in Civil War. The character has never been that primal in the Marvel universe. They put her on multiple teams in the hopes of one of the books taking off...Still waiting. It feels a bit like when in Pro Wrestling the writers/bookers try everything they can to get a wrestler 'over' (popular) but the character never really takes off. Sort of like Moon Knight. I don't hate Carol per se but Joe Q and crew's agenda and Starlin's stubbornness is keeping two of my all time favorite Marvel characters off the canvas for decades. I know it was done in part to keep ownership of the name from reverting back to DC and Shazam, however if Joe Q and Starlin weren't so stubborn in the first place the title could rest on the proper characters. All that being said screw the name just bring Mar-vell and Genis back and give them new ranks. Commander and Corporal Marvel would suffice.

BANNED

Isn't it splendid that no one wants to mess with Captain Mar-vell's death? I mean, I find that Rick Jones who was so close to him like a SON, and his biological son Genis-vell, to be MARVELOUS successors!

BANNED

When Captain Mar-vell can be substituted by Adam Warlock I figure that that probably is because of Jim Starlin. He had a run as writer on both their series in the 70's.