Default Deadpool vs Thanos #2 Spoilers

Past Spoilers:

http://community.comicbookresources....nos-1-Spoilers

Main

The Recap once again reiterates that this takes place right before Marvel NOW! and further in the book we find out that it is after the Thanos Imperative.

spoilers:

It starts out with Thanos crafting a love letter in his log book lamenting how the lack of death is causing chaos. People who are gravely injured/ill have to continue to suffer, predators are unable satiate their hunger, and victims of exploded planets have to be living popsicles all because the gift of death is gone.

Wade kills the mood while riding a parasite and Thanos disapproves. He has taken them to the Dwindling Light, a Shi’ar platinum mine that was abandoned due to the Annihilation Wave.

As they search for the truth, Thanos states that he cursed Wade with Life because he hates himself. (Not anymore after Duggan and Posehn’s great run ) They suddenly come across the Cult of the Glorious End and after a minor scuffle, Thanos makes them an offer they can’t refuse… he’ll murder them when all is said and done, not before Wade finds himself in a guillotine choke while simultaneously reverse triangle choking some chick, too bad it’s the female Beta Ray Bill look-alike rather than the Valkriye Copy-Cat doppelganger. In the end he got the blue girl’s phone number so all is not lost We also found out that the cult sacrificed half of their people so Death could physically manifest but then someone took her.

Thanos realizes that too find out what to do next he’ll have to beat the tar out of Wade until he’s in a state of near-death and after promptly doing so, the Guardians of the Galaxy choose to make an appearance. After Wade makes a phone call to his new friend and another scuffle, Thanos and Wade blow up the Guardians’ ship and blast-off.

As Thanos asks Wade what clue from Mistress Death he received this time, Wade is suddenly engulfed in hellfire as Francis, formerly A-Man/Ajax, now Abyss Man makes his grand re-entrance. Thanos promptly back hands him, blasts him through the hull and into the vacuum of space. Wade then mutters that his vision was to find the man from hell… well crap, said man is an un- living, floating, popsicle right now.

end of spoilers

So far, this mini has been ok to decent IMO.

The characterizations of the titular characters are middle of road as far as I am concerned. Thanos’ characterization and tone is in line with DnA’s version and while he has some decent lines and moments, there is a lack of “finesse” which I have come to expect for Thanos versions not Starlin, Giffen, or Marz. The characterization/style/tone of Deadpool kind of reminds me of Christopher Priest’s version in that it is a hodge podge of Tragedy-Comedy Pool (Joe Kelly, Duggan & Posehn), and Wise-Crackin Pool (Nicieza) with a mix of Over-the- Top (Daniel Way). I hope he keeps the Waypool to a minimum.

I liked the
    spoilers:

MMA reference with the different chokeholds and the return of Francis. I re-read the Deadpool/Death ’98 Annual and the issues that tie-in with it, and I’d forgotten how much I wanted Francis to get it, in the end. It’s a testament to Joe Kelly’s run that those issues make this part of the mini more enjoyable.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by pinoypanzer; 10-14-2015 at 03:44 PM.

It's been fun so far which is what I've expected from this book. Seeley writes a fun Deadpol

(week late) Been good so far, the iffy bits are more than made up by the years of continuity issues getting settled.