Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    ^ So crafty that not even Odin himself can lift Mjolnir now.

Haha
    He has fallen from his own parameters of worthiness - it may be that he foresaw this when he hung from the tree and gave up his eye millennia ago and so crafted the enchantment in such a way that the Nine Realms would be safe from him.

(But then I haven't read Thor in years, so I'm just making stuff up )

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    He has fallen from his own parameters of worthiness - it may be that he foresaw this when he hung from the tree and gave up his eye millennia ago and so crafted the enchantment in such a way that the Nine Realms would be safe from him.

(But then I haven't read Thor in years, so I'm just making stuff up )
    You and Jason Aaron, both. Lol

Jason Aaron has talked a lot about his decisions on the book and fired back at his detractors. He says that his Jane Foster Thor arc will delve into what is "worthiness". But at the same time, he never explained what made Thor unworthy in the first place, or why all the other Asgardians (even Odin himself) can't lift Mjolnir. There's lot of uprooting established canon at Marvel going on. Tony Stark being adopted by Howard Stark, SW and QS no longer being mutants or Magneto's kids, Bobby being outed as gay etc. Then you have things lik Steve Rogers and Bruce Banner being supplanted by other characters, in their roles of Cpatin America and Hulk, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    You and Jason Aaron, both. Lol
    Yeah, but he gets paid for it

(I just make things up now and then and have a bit of fun)

Jason Aaron has talked a lot about his decisions on the book and fired back at his detractors. He says that his Jane Foster Thor arc will delve into what is "worthiness". But at the same time, he never explained what made Thor unworthy in the first place, or why all the other Asgardians (even Odin himself) can't lift Mjolnir.
    Loki went back in time and whispered to Odin while he was on the tree, resulting in a 'Sleipnir' virus embedded in the eventual enchantment Odin placed on Mjolnir. That layered enchantment got triggered by something or other but Thordis is Odin's unconscious way around it.

There's lot of uprooting established canon at Marvel going on. Tony Stark being adopted by Howard Stark,
    Wha-?!

SW and QS no longer being mutants or Magneto's kids,
    Movie-effect?

Bobby being outed as gay etc.
    I think I heard about that one.

Then you have things lik Steve Rogers and Bruce Banner being supplanted by other characters, in their roles of Cpatin America and Hulk, respectively.
    But the stories are good, right?