Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, there is a difference between "Peak Human" and what Tv Tropes calls "Charles Atlas Superpower", with Batman being more like the former and Captain America being the latter.
    Peak human IS a 'Charles Atlas Superpower' since there's nobody on the planet who is peak human.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Peak human IS a 'Charles Atlas Superpower' since there's nobody on the planet who is peak human.
    Well, Peak Human normally means every athletic record in a single person, meanwhile 'Charles Atlas Superpower' means hypothetical high-end of human abilities, like reality warping is the high end of the TK users.

Incredible Member

Nope, already had a strong dislike of them from Civil War, especially Iron Man.

"Peak human" means just that. A Peak human which means the peak of human potential. So if the weightlifting record for women is around 800 lbs and for men around 1100 lbs then that means that someone who is peak human they can lift about 800 lbs (if woman) or 1100 lbs (if man). And that's what super soldier serum does, it gives you the absolute peak of human ability without training. So Cap can lift as much as it is possible for a man of his height and built to lift at their maximum.

And if you were to give super soldier serum to someone like Batman who is already close to peak human due to constant training the results would be either very minor or non-existent. Only difference might be that Batman wouldn't have to keep training as hard to maintain his physique.

Sure achieving peak human simultaneously in every field through simple training is impossible in real world but these are comics we're talking about so characters like Catwoman, Black Widow, etc. can achieve the peak human speed, strength and agility simultaneously and keep them up constantly without any of them going down while other go up.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

AvX ignored huge chucks of Phoenix X canon to spin the Avengers as goodies .

So after Hope's recanon of what it takes to be a Phoenix Force host will all future host's have to train with the Avengers and geta Kung Fu dragon? So much fail just on that and lets keep Rachel from helping untill the the Phoenix 5 are involved. Lol bad writing awards for all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans on Black Widow and Catwoman being able to lift 800 pounds.
    I made a mistake.
    Catwoman is athlete,below peak human.
    Athlete: able to lift one's own body weight up to double one's own body weight
    Blackcat
    Peak Human: able to lift double one's own body weight up to the 800lb level
    # Black Cat - 800 lbs (While she is wearing her costume)
    # Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) - 500 lbs

Check these out.
    The Black Widow
    The Black Widow has been enhanced by biotechnology that makes her body resistant to aging and disease and heals at an above human rate;as well as psychological conditioning that suppresses her memory of true events as opposed to implanted ones of the past without the aid of specially designed system suppressant drugs.

Artificially Enhanced Physiology: Natasha has received the Red Room's variant of the Super-Soldier Serum. As a result, her physical and mental abilities had been psycho-chemically enhanced beyond human limits. She is classified as a Superhuman. Nick Fury's intel classified her as power level 7.

Mockingbird
    Barbara Morse (Earth-616)
    * Super-Human Enhancements: Due to the formula she was injected with, Bobbi has a degree of Super-Strength, with an unknown upper-limit, strong enough to dent steel with her bare hands,and Enhanced Agility. Her aging process has been slowed down.
    Mockingbird
    While she has no superpowers, Mockingbird is a trained S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who graduated at the top of her class and as such she can be expected to be proficient in several forms of hand-to-hand combat and familiar with a wide range of weapons. The character usually uses a pair of batons which can be combined to form a single bō-staff in combat, weapons with which she has great expertise. She also possesses a PhD in biology.
    To cope with a mortal injury she sustained in a mission, Mockingbird was injected with an experimental serum combining the Super Soldier Serum that gave Captain America his strength and the Infinity Formula that has slowed Nick Fury's aging. The obvious consequence of this was that her injuries were healed, but Fury admitted his uncertainty about the formula's long-term consequences on her biology. Thus far, she has exhibited greatly enhanced physical strength and agility.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-27-2015 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
    "Peak human" means just that. A Peak human which means the peak of human potential.
    That's exactly what it's supposssed to mean. Steve is/was the best a human could possibly be w/o going into superhuman territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    So much fail just on that and lets keep Rachel from helping untill the the Phoenix 5 are involved. Lol bad writing awards for all.
    Just the Rachel thing alone tells us they either didn't know what they were doing (doubtful) or just ignored it because they wanted to tell the story their way...

Love the Avengers. Do not love how they're occasionally written to be thugs that enforce their will onto those who aren't harming anyone. I understood at the beginning of AvX when they were trying to stop anyone from hosting the Phoenix due to prior experiences, but once the 5 were helping the world there was no reason for their provocazation and antagonism. Especially when Steve Rogers is often written as the guy who wants freedom of any and all kind as long as no one is intentionally getting hurt.

Its not their fault.

Its Marvel Studios fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    AvX ignored huge chucks of Phoenix X canon to spin the Avengers as goodies .

So after Hope's recanon of what it takes to be a Phoenix Force host will all future host's have to train with the Avengers and geta Kung Fu dragon? So much fail just on that and lets keep Rachel from helping untill the the Phoenix 5 are involved. Lol bad writing awards for all.
    Tbf, the Phoenix mythos has never been particularly stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tbf, the Phoenix mythos has never been particularly stable.
    Maybe but Jean didn't need to balance buckets to control her PF.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

AvX and a lot of subsequent X-Books painted the Avengers in an extremely unsympathetic light. They came off as egomaniacal, incompetent and insensitive at best and jackbooted thugs at worst. I've always been one to prefer creators over characters, in the sense that any good creators can create an interesting story with any character, but AvX definitely left a bad taste in regards to the Avengers. That said, I enjoyed Hickman's Avengers, although entirely because I enjoy Hickman and not the Avengers themselves.
    On ye olde CBR

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I've never liked the Avengers b4 b or after avx. They are boring and uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I've never liked the Avengers b4 b or after avx. They are boring and uninteresting.
    Same here, but I never really disliked them. They were just kinda there. After AvX I can't help but want to see them get their asses kicked on the regular...