Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Bunn On X-Men's "All-New, All-Different" Status Quo: "The X-Men Are No More"

"Uncanny X-Men" writer Cullen Bunn reveals that the public will believe the X-Men disbanded following the post-"Secret Wars" time jump.

Full article here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    "Uncanny X-Men" writer Cullen Bunn reveals that the public will believe the X-Men disbanded following the post-"Secret Wars" time jump.

Full article here.
    It settled in a long time ago that the X-men were no more when the preview said Storm has to gather a team together. This is bleak and heavy and a bit annoying now.

I guess the new X-Writers forgot that it's mostly humans who give birth to mutants so infertile mutants isn't that big a deal. That sloppy plotting, or what little we've seen of it, and the general idea of the new set up has me not putting any X-Men title on my pull list for the first time ever. If I loathe the execution as much as the hints, I don't want to let down my LCS by not buying comics they've ordered for me...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So Bunn's book is just the new X-Force then? Been there and seen that multiple times already and seeing them yet again trying to make Mystique a hero just makes me give this a big old pass.

All-New Member

But don't you think for a second this is because Marvel can't make X-Men movies! Not for one second!

I like Cullen Bunn and I think did amazing work with Magneto in his solo series. I think he'll do a great job in this series too. It has a strong lineup and a solid premise. That said, it still feels more like an X-Force book than an Uncanny X-men book. But if he can do for this team what Kieron Gillen did for the extinction team during his run, I think it could work.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Didn't Cable and his X-Force have the same mission statement?

I'm honestly quite excited about the way things are sounding post-secret wars. Sounds like we will, at least for a while, have a minimalist x-men scene without all the wallpaper characters (though I'm sure people who's favorite character aren't anywhere to be seen will disagree).

I was in the mood for a change and this seems to fit the bill. This will be the first time Ill be pulling all the x-team books. So I am optimistic.

So the world has a mist that is Killing mutants and stopping humans to create anymore mutants. So the O5 great idea is to go cross country which if it kills anyone of them it changes history. No one stops them, and not one of them stops and thinks this is a bad idea. hmm, im trying to see why they made this book

Uncanny X-men sound good, it sounded good when Cable, Scott and Logan were doing it, why change whats not broken.

And Storms team is great, i can't wait for that.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

I honestly saw no difference between this to X-force besides characters

I might get the first issue...

SNIK-ITY SNIKT! Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post

Full article here.
    I dunno. I've been disappointed with Marvel's X-offerings of late, but I have been following the "Secret Wars" X-related stuff, finding it to be not bad. And with news that Bendis is not connected to any of the new post-"Secret Wars" X-books, well, I am just all over it. The only things I am finding disappointing is that Greg Land, "The King of Art Swipes" a.k.a. "All My Characters Look Like I Drew Over Catalog Models!", is still getting work! If they replace him, I will check out Bunn's book for sure..
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: X-Men, Marauders, Beasts Of Burden, Saga | My Pinterest Tribute Page To Lily [2004-2018]: Link

Mighty Member

Considering how awesome Magento was, I am very excited for this

I don't know if the movies are the sole culprit. I think the time Xavier's School opened to hundreds of students and mutants were revealed to be in the millions is somewhere up there as a big misstep. Ever since then the X-roster has been out of control. Many new characters are routinely introduced only to be relegated to wallpaper status. And creative teams/editors seem to gravitate towards storylines that reduce the mutant population to a more manageable number status quo. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get.

I for one miss the days when mutants were rare and we actually got to know all the X-Men characters.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

No more, except some of the lamest characters. Couldn't M be part of the death rolls?

I loved Bunn's Magneto run but after reading the Terrigen Mist thing not sure if I am going to buy this. Totally put off.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    I loved Bunn's Magneto run but after reading the Terrigen Mist thing not sure if I am going to buy this. Totally put off.
    Considering we know almost nothing about the T-Mist story , I would suggest you give the first issue a try. Maybe you'll enjoy how things develop. Maybe not. But you won't know if you don't give it a shot