Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I liked them a lot more when Quicksilver n Wanda were muntats it's why I read then for 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Do I think the Avengers were wrong and irresponsible in how they handled the events of AvX? Yes. Do I hate them? No.
    Ditto. I can't hate any team with Wiccan on it
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I'm not gonna try and respong to everyone, even though all the responses are interesting enough to do so (for sure), but I am reading them! I detect a theme: Power abuse. That's one of the things I don't like about them...

No, because AvX is just a stupid story that should be forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I'm not gonna try and respong to everyone, even though all the responses are interesting enough to do so (for sure), but I am reading them! I detect a theme: Power abuse. That's one of the things I don't like about them...
    Tbf, every super hero has been guilty of this at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Avengers Vs. X-Men.

Me, personally, I don't hate the Avengers.
    I love them, in fact -- when they're not interacting with the X-Men, y'know?
    When they're not, they're fun and heroic and bold. When they do get involved with the X-Men, its like their brains rewire and they become total idiots.

I still feel very passionately that AvX WOULD HAVE worked and would have worked REALLY well, if it hadn't been such a straight forward US vs THEM situation.
    All the paranoia and doubt was easily and readily planted since House of M to legitimize those feelings within the X-Men, but I wish wish WISH that they'd have joined together to fight a COMMON foe rather than one of their own -- who grew mad with power while possessed by a cosmic entity.

The REAL enemy should have been the SHI'AR.
    THEY should have been the ones tracking the Phoenix. THEY should have been the ones threatening Earth and insisting on "taking" Hope. Cable and Rachel should have been Hope's advisers -- not Spiderman.
    The Avengers should have been AVENGERS and been PROTECTING the X-Men. Then SWORD and Agent Brand could have been the ones to make the unfortunate hard choices, leading to further doubt/suspect the Avengers' motives, thus leading to the battle lines being drawn but in the end they would all come together to fend off the Shi'Ar and "release" the Phoenix.

Alas.... it was just grudge match city.
    But no....I don't hate the Avengers. I love the Avengers. Just not when they interact with my X-family. Then it gets personal.
    I love you're reply. Is mor eor less wha ti wanted to say. These crossover recently had become a complete mess, mostly because they boil down in a cage match so one of the two part had to be the "heel" even it make no sense for them behaving that way. AvX was terrible in this sense, but Civil War was not that better. Also they always eff up Cap for some reason. Is like since he wear a flag become the spokeperson of whatever lingering political view the author/editors share. One moment is Dr Liberal the next one Mr Fascist. And then there is Wolverine who had become so much a characterization mess with VERY repetitive stories(some of his best solo stories were the one OUTSIDE most of the continuity I noticed) that before his death had become a pathetic shadow of himself.
    Amd you painted a much better story than what we got. Evne the ending make no sense at all(Wanda Magic was, is and will always be an useful mcguffin and deus ex machina for marvel writers ain't it?) hell the ending made me more mad than anything else..That and those poor whales...WTF PIOTR!! WTFF!! Those poor animals already had to suffer from bull due to hunting and then BAM crablegs! WHY!??!? WHY THAT SCENE EVEN EXIST!! WHY SOMEONE AT MARVEL THOUGHT WAS A GOOD SCENE TO SHOW "OH NOW THEY ARE GOING MAD WITH POWER"... hffffhfff....boy how much i hate that scen and the ending of AvX you don't know
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 09-24-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Interstingly oringally marvel comics were mostly built about the idea of using power RESPONSIBLY.
    It was a the core of ALL the MArvel Heroes. They got the power and they must learn to use them in an adult repsonsible way. Then at some point(90s it was in the 90s) the power fantasy aspect become more prominent and now everyone can do whatever the **** they want and suffer no repercussion. Mutant only a little(come one Cyclop did not stayed in that silly prison that much) but hardly those truyl responsible.
    (on side note i just realized how similar what happened to Tempus was to what happend to SPiderman in HoM...They even had similar reaction! Ok Tempus did not wanted to murder Quicksilver...but only because she don't know him yet)

My ire for that crap of the storyline lies with the editors and writers who gave it the green light. The MU is just the victim in all this.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Only Captain America. His fight with Gambit was written terribly.

BANNED

No. The vast majority of the Avengers are among the most shallow, paper-thin characters in fiction. They'd have to have personality in order for me to hate them.

It's more annoying that Marvel is trying to force people to have an opinion on them, as well as the other MCU characters, when really, I couldn't care less about the corny Disney Superheroes movies and just want X-Men stuff.

Why the company can't just can't let X-Men fans be, I dunno, but I don't go out of my way to project the company's ax-grinding on some boring afterthought characters.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Only Captain America. His fight with Gambit was written terribly.
    I think of this scence when Gambit is mentioned(i wish he had blasted Steve then.
    image.jpg

I found this vary offensive during AvX amd no other Native American I have showed it to was amused either.

steve sums up how many of us feel whenever John Mcain interacts with any tribe for the US.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 09-24-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Nah. I just dislike AVX

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I kinda do. I read it years later, like more recently, and as a die-hard X-Men fan I can't help but dislike them. Seems, to me, like there's still an Avengers vs. X-Men vibe out there...
    No. I like the avengers. I prefer x-men but don't hate avengers. I like all of marvel and their characters. Heck my fave avenger is Captain America
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Interesting panel. Was that in AvX, 'cause I don't remember it. Then again, I don't remember much about it other than thinking the Avengers were jerks. Anyway, how did Warpath get beat up? Better not have been Captain America...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    I think of this scence when Gambit is mentioned(i wish he had blasted Steve then.
    image.jpg

I found this vary offensive during AvX amd no other Native American I have showed it to was amused either.

steve sums up how many of us feel whenever John Mcain interacts with any tribe for the US.
    I think sometimes writers can't tell the difference between Ultimate Steve and 616 Steve.