Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Interesting panel. Was that in AvX, 'cause I don't remember it. Then again, I don't remember much about it other than thinking the Avengers were jerks. Anyway, how did Warpath get beat up? Better not have been Captain America...
    It was no explantion why Warpath did not just take Cap's shield and throw it 15 miles away.
    He is stronger and faster than Steve but next time you see him fight Steve he is knocked out at Caps feet all action off panel.

Just like Scott only aims for Cap's sheild and not hin legs or the ground under them.
    Belive it or not I was an Avenger fan before this and the twins recanon.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 09-25-2015 at 04:48 AM.

Interesting panel. Was that in AvX, 'cause I don't remember it. Then again, I don't remember much about it other than thinking the Avengers were jerks. Anyway, how did Warpath get beat up? Better not have been Captain America...
    That wasn't in the main story but the AvsX side book, it had mini stories of heroes fighting, presumably spouting ideology while they do it. Consider it is meant to be the same ideology and the characters were probably written out of character to fit, I'm not sure how relevant it would be.

I say presumably as I didn't read it.

Hate is a bit much but I sure do not see the most with the same eyes. I'm not a reader of Avengers only accompany them in the magazines special sagas involving the entire Marvel universe.

*AvX was made at a time when the Avengers could not be seen as villains then tried to give this role to the X-Men but contrary to expectations several fans supported Cyclops and mutants seeing the hypocrisy in the behavior of the Avengers. The behavior of characters like Steve and Thor does not match their usual behavior anyone really believe Thor attack mutant children and kidnap Hope against their will? Black Panther had decided it would not get involved in the war but suddenly aware of the risks harbored the Avengers with a hostage mutante in Wakanda putting all their country at risk that would be the attitude of one of the smartest men on the planet? Of course not, this is the fault of the writers who had to force a fight and stimulate rivalry among fans.

*But I have to admit that my main problem with the Avengers is they have long act as soldiers or dogs of Shield and the US government, instead of heroes and this apparently gives free hand for them to do what want without consequences until today do not believe Wanda is free and Cyclops being treated as a terrorist is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Avengers Vs. X-Men.

Me, personally, I don't hate the Avengers.
    I love them, in fact -- when they're not interacting with the X-Men, y'know?
    When they're not, they're fun and heroic and bold. When they do get involved with the X-Men, its like their brains rewire and they become total idiots.

I still feel very passionately that AvX WOULD HAVE worked and would have worked REALLY well, if it hadn't been such a straight forward US vs THEM situation.
    All the paranoia and doubt was easily and readily planted since House of M to legitimize those feelings within the X-Men, but I wish wish WISH that they'd have joined together to fight a COMMON foe rather than one of their own -- who grew mad with power while possessed by a cosmic entity.

The REAL enemy should have been the SHI'AR.
    THEY should have been the ones tracking the Phoenix. THEY should have been the ones threatening Earth and insisting on "taking" Hope. Cable and Rachel should have been Hope's advisers -- not Spiderman.
    The Avengers should have been AVENGERS and been PROTECTING the X-Men. Then SWORD and Agent Brand could have been the ones to make the unfortunate hard choices, leading to further doubt/suspect the Avengers' motives, thus leading to the battle lines being drawn but in the end they would all come together to fend off the Shi'Ar and "release" the Phoenix.

Alas.... it was just grudge match city.
    But no....I don't hate the Avengers. I love the Avengers. Just not when they interact with my X-family. Then it gets personal.
    Ah... I would have enjoyed reading that actually.
    Great post, I just feel the contrary about both group interacting though - in such an universe, they definitely need to work with each other on a regular basis, even if it's just to share informations on foes or rogue groups, etc...
    The US vs THEM is a no-no for me.
    Childish.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't have a problem with the Avengers.

As for AvX, the Avengers should've suffered at least one loss. They came off too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    He is stronger and faster than Steve but next time you see him fight Steve he is knocked out at Caps feet all action off panel.
    That's messed up. It's aggrivating when they have characters who, obviously, couldn't take out other characters do exactly that. Cheatsie-doodle-ass Marvel...

There are certain characters that I love who happen to be Avengers like, Thor Odinson, Jessica Drew Spider Woman, and Carol Danvers. But as a whole I am not very crazy about Avengers as a team. I hate everything Ironman represents. I watch the movies because they are fun to watch, but overall I think they are way over rated with gun popping characters like Black Widow. I don't hate the Avengers, but I don't love them either.

That's messed up. It's aggrivating when they have characters who, obviously, couldn't take out other characters do exactly that. Cheatsie-doodle-ass Marvel...
    Not really, no.
    Cap' is a superior strategist and has much more combat experience than Warpath ever will, and he regularly deals with opponents that are stronger or faster or better than him in various ways...
    Take the X-bias glasses off and the end result actually makes sense.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

Yeah, the Avengers are pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Take the X-bias glasses off and the end result actually makes sense.
    It's not bais, it's a matter of powers. Warpath is suppossed to have superhuman durability, and Cap doesn't have superhuman strentgh. He's peak human. Not sure how he knocks Warpath out regardless of his strategy...

It's not bais, it's a matter of powers. Warpath is suppossed to have superhuman durability, and Cap doesn't have superhuman strentgh. He's peak human. Not sure how he knocks Warpath out regardless of his strategy...
    Same way as he deal wiht Hulk, thor, and whatever superstrong guy he face(plus sometimes i got the feeling that peak in case of cap means slightly above human). Also his shield seem to share that vibranium peculiarity, shared by all its alloy, to hurt everyone and everything all the times!
    Still is one of those fight that should have been drawn to look cool and sensed. (somehow i can't help wonder how Kirby would have handled, graphically, AvX. I know is almost heresys and yet....)
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 09-25-2015 at 02:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Same way as he deal wiht Hulk, thor, and whatever superstrong guy he face(plus sometimes i got the feeling that peak in case of cap means slightly above human). Also his shield seem to share that vibranium peculiarity, shared by all its alloy, to hurt everyone and everything all the times!
    Just a question, has he even beaten Hulk or Thor off-panel?

I don't "hate" the Avengers as a theme, or any of the gadzillion individual characters who have been Avengers over the years.

I'm angry. I'm really angry to the point of making myself sick about the way the Avengers have been pushed on Marvel fans. I'm angry about Marvel saying Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants any longer just because the movie studio said to do it, and I'm pissed off that they aren't Magneto's children. I'm angry at the way the Avengers were foisted upon X-Fans during the last few years--including the creation of UNCANNY AVENGERS and the desecration of characters like Rogue and Havok. And this is getting worse, not better, which only makes me more angry. It is infuriating how the Avengers film franchise sticks it's butt in our (X-Men fans) faces. I am annoyed by the attitudes of one of the editors of Avengers titles; white-privileged-hetero-male-christian-splaining to non-white and non-christian, LGBT, and all gender readers about how they should THINK and FEEL when racist, judeophobic, homophobic, misogynistic stuff keeps popping up in your comics doesn't make me want to buy your comics!

In short, why should I buy comics that make me feel so angry? Why should I buy books, games, cards, watch cartoons, or go to movies starring characters--even if they're fictional and their only written that way--that make me so upset? No, it's not the characters' fault, it's Marvel's Studios' fault, and the fault of certain editors, I know that rationally. But I can't help feeling angry and abused as a fan, and I can't stand to see Avengers films or read Avengers books any longer. Although individual characters who happen to be Avengers--like Iron Man and Cap and the new Hulk--as long as their story-arcs don't become Avengers story-arcs--I'll try these books.

Sorry for the rant. But ... hey ... I am kind of pissed off.
    Last edited by Rivka; 09-25-2015 at 02:19 PM.

BANNED

The Super solider formula gave cap Super human strength, It's comparable to Bobbi Morse. Hawkeye is PEAK human like a lot of others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Do I think the Avengers were wrong and irresponsible in how they handled the events of AvX? Yes. Do I hate them? No.
    Same with the X-men on their handling.