Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    The Super solider formula gave cap Super human strength, It's comparable to Bobbi Morse. Hawkeye is PEAK human like a lot of others.
    Hawkeye is NOT peak human. Peak human doesn't exist without some sort of alteration, like the super soldier serum.

Peak human IS superhuman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Hawkeye is NOT peak human. Peak human doesn't exist without some sort of alteration, like the super soldier serum.

Peak human IS superhuman.

WRONG!, Hawkeye is peak. he can lift just about what one would expect and do thing one would expect. Peak human does exsist. You see it in athletes from sports to Olympians.

THe super solider formula is not peak as it granted Rogers 10 tons + strength, no human being at peak can bench 10 tons. 1 ton in itself is a feat in itself. Batman can do so for only seconds he's at his PEAK.

Some of you guys need to read up. Steve Rogers is peak human, which is to say "maximum human potential". He's not a superhuman like, say, Warpath or Colossus. At any rate, James should have no problem taking a shot from Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    It's not bais, it's a matter of powers. Warpath is suppossed to have superhuman durability, and Cap doesn't have superhuman strentgh. He's peak human. Not sure how he knocks Warpath out regardless of his strategy...
    Well, first the serum gave Cap' super-strength and other augmented abilities, maybe not to the point of guys like Cage or Colossus, but certainly beyond normal types like Batman for example. Batman is peak human, Cap' is simply superhuman.
    But regardless of that, Cap' shield is made of vibranium (don't remember if there's still uru in it btw), which means he can tank a punch from Warpath with it, and most certainly knock him out with it. Rogers is smart and experienced, I like Warpath but he can't win in a straight fight against Rogers.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

WRONG!, Hawkeye is peak. he can lift just about what one would expect and do thing one would expect. Peak human does exsist. You see it in athletes from sports to Olympians.

THe super solider formula is not peak as it granted Rogers 10 tons + strength, no human being at peak can bench 10 tons. 1 ton in itself is a feat in itself. Batman can do so for only seconds he's at his PEAK.
    He can't lift ten tons, not even close. He's done things above human capacity, but so does Daredevil as a matter of fact.

Anyway, I didn't like avx. I was never an Avengers fan, so I feel about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Well, first the serum gave Cap' super-strength and other augmented abilities, maybe not to the point of guys like Cage or Colossus, but certainly beyond normal types like Batman for example. Batman is peak human, Cap' is simply superhuman.
    But regardless of that, Cap' shield is made of vibranium (don't remember if there's still uru in it btw), which means he can tank a punch from Warpath with it, and most certainly knock him out with it. Rogers is smart and experienced, I like Warpath but he can't win in a straight fight against Rogers.
    Cap is not superhuman. He's maximum human potention, which isn't superhuman. He's strong, sure, but not strong enough to have beat someone like Warpath down like that panel suggests. It was said Warpath has taken punches from Juggernaut...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Anyway, I didn't like avx. I was never an Avengers fan, so I feel about the same.
    I'm not sure I would like any story like AvX, pitting hero against hero. Teams of them, anyway...

Cap is not superhuman. He's maximum human potention, which isn't superhuman. He's strong, sure, but not strong enough to have beat someone like Warpath down like that panel suggests. It was said Warpath has taken punches from Juggernaut...
    No human at maximum potential would heal as he does. In fact, he doesn't even age like normal humans. No human at maximum potential would have his kind of strength, nor his durability, nor his reflexes.
    He is superhuman by any kind of standard.
    Again, if you want peak human, look at Batman, Nightwing & co - or at Nighthawk if you want to stick with Marvel. But Cap' is beyond them. And with a vibranium shield, I don't see what is surprising with him pummeling Warpath into unconsciousness.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Not really, no.
    Cap' is a superior strategist and has much more combat experience than Warpath ever will, and he regularly deals with opponents that are stronger or faster or better than him in various ways...
    Take the X-bias glasses off and the end result actually makes sense.
    not Xbised his stats are higher but ur right on strategist part. but it all happened off panel except the offensive art part of the art.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 09-25-2015 at 07:21 PM.

It's entirely possible Warpath knocked himself out.

BANNED

Wrong. There is no person in the world who is PEAK human. Your science is just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Avengers Vs. X-Men.

Me, personally, I don't hate the Avengers.
    I love them, in fact -- when they're not interacting with the X-Men, y'know?
    When they're not, they're fun and heroic and bold. When they do get involved with the X-Men, its like their brains rewire and they become total idiots.

I still feel very passionately that AvX WOULD HAVE worked and would have worked REALLY well, if it hadn't been such a straight forward US vs THEM situation.
    All the paranoia and doubt was easily and readily planted since House of M to legitimize those feelings within the X-Men, but I wish wish WISH that they'd have joined together to fight a COMMON foe rather than one of their own -- who grew mad with power while possessed by a cosmic entity.

The REAL enemy should have been the SHI'AR.
    THEY should have been the ones tracking the Phoenix. THEY should have been the ones threatening Earth and insisting on "taking" Hope. Cable and Rachel should have been Hope's advisers -- not Spiderman.
    The Avengers should have been AVENGERS and been PROTECTING the X-Men. Then SWORD and Agent Brand could have been the ones to make the unfortunate hard choices, leading to further doubt/suspect the Avengers' motives, thus leading to the battle lines being drawn but in the end they would all come together to fend off the Shi'Ar and "release" the Phoenix.

Alas.... it was just grudge match city.
    But no....I don't hate the Avengers. I love the Avengers. Just not when they interact with my X-family. Then it gets personal.
    I don't know if this is your cup of tea, but I highly recommend you look for a fanfic story called "Firebirds" on a site called FF.NET (Fan Fiction.NET). It is exactly what you are saying here, and to me personally was everything AvX should have been and not what marvel did which was complete and utter trash.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    AvX was trash. Don't get me wrong. I hated AvX and the basis for the story. I'm ashamed that I actually followed it. It was more out of habit than interest. The start was OK, the beach fight looked like something out of Looney Toons, follow through was ridiculous, the switch was nonsensical and the ending was a joke.
    Took the words the words right out of my mouth, me personally? I don't hate them...i was saddened more than anything as i read how these two teams were tearing at each other, doing things i never thought possible (beating up kids, destroying cities, mentally torturing people, blind and misguided obedience, etc) it was horrible for me to watch Earth's Mightiest "Heroes" completely act like fools and government stooges. And the X-men? They acted like Zealots, not once questioning if what they are doing is right regardless of the circumstances until they saw first hand what their leaders were doing to the captured heroes or not even asking why aren't' they fixing the X-gene or if they are even on the right path.

Marvel should be ashamed of what they did to them...hell we should have been ashamed for supporting it!

No i don't hate the Avengers or X-men, but Marvel really crossed several boundaries here they shouldn't have.

it's called "Firebirds"

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Wrong. There is no person in the world who is PEAK human. Your science is just plain wrong.
    No human at maximum potential would heal as he does. In fact, he doesn't even age like normal humans. No human at maximum potential would have his kind of strength, nor his durability, nor his reflexes.
    He is superhuman by any kind of standard.
    Again, if you want peak human, look at Batman, Nightwing & co - or at Nighthawk if you want to stick with Marvel. But Cap' is beyond them. And with a vibranium shield, I don't see what is surprising with him pummeling Warpath into unconsciousness.
    Ok, ignoring the whole peak VS super debate going on here let's go with this line of thought, we can all agree that Warpath has higher physical stats than Cap (not Hulk or Thor level but definitely higher than Steve) this is a fact. Steve is aware that he can't stand toe to toe with "Heavy's" like Warpath, Colossus, Hulk or Thor in a straight up fight, and has fought against opponents both his superior and while he is not at his best (sickness, poison, no serum or what have you) this is also fact. So this would be a case of where brain meets brawn and where a man like Steve needs to out think his opponent, now i'm not saying Warpath isn't a great fighter ok? He is, he is a great fighter but could he handle an opponent who is aware of his limitations against him and think of a way to win despite them? One who has tremendous experience in that facet? I don't think so, now if this fight HAD been shown and done PROPERLY then i think this could have been illustrated but we didn't get that. Instead we get a racist panel of a white man beating down a minority, and i hate Marvel for doing that horrible scene that had no place there or anywhere to be honest, i felt they really dropped the ball with that scene.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 09-25-2015 at 09:34 PM.