Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Steve rogers was considered only peak human when he lifted only up 800 pounds,but once he started lifting 1,200 pounds that would be superhuman in the marvel universe.
    Batman,batgirl,black widow,blackcat and catwoman are peak human for example.
    Mockingbird is superhuman.

Here is a list for marvel and dc.
    Strength Scale
    http://misc.thefullwiki.org/Strength_Scale
    I'm calling shenanigans on Black Widow and Catwoman being able to lift 800 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I'm calling shenanigans on Black Widow and Catwoman being able to lift 800 pounds.
    Well, the Olympic record for women is 767 pounds, so this match the peak human.......................................

Here's his abilities according to Marvel.com: Captain America represented the pinnacle of human physical perfection. He experienced a time when he was augmented to superhuman levels, but generally performed just below superhuman levels for most of his career. Captain America had a very high intelligence as well as agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he had metabolized had enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Most notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

Captain America isn't a super-human. He's superior to other humans, for sure, and the best example of what a human could accomplish. At any rate, he's nowhere near Juggernaut level strength, or enough to knock Warpath out...

Quote Originally Posted by genki_desu View Post
    Oh, I agree. It doesn't make any sense, power-wise, for Captain America to be able to KO Warpath so (apparently) easily, but I don't think for an instant that it was racism thing - it was just "star power".
    Exactly. Either whoever was writing that didn't know what they were doing or just decided to ignore Warpath's abilities in order to do whatever they wanted...

AvX made me resentful, though other events/writers made me lose interest in the Avengers.

The more recent sidelining of all X-books in favour of Everything-Avengers has made me actively dislike them.
    Psylocke · Magneto · Archangel / Angel · X-23 · O5
    April 2012 Posts: 351 RIP me

Never was a big fan of them to begin with (comic wise9, but yeah, kinda.
    Mainly because it (AvX) symbolised the beginning of the end for the X-Men and the new pet-status the Avengers gained throught he movies.

Also, they were douches.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That right there is the problem. Basically Steve was allowed to win, not because it makes any sense in-universe, but because he's more of an editorial favorite. Steve Rogers doesn't actually have super powers. The super soldier serum merely made him a really good athlete. Warpath on the other hand, has actual superhuman strength, speed, agility and durability that have allowed him to weapon fire, take a punch from the Juggernaut, climb walls by digging his hands and feet into them etc. If this had been a fight between Ultimate Steve or Movie Steve that would be an entirely different story as those guys have actual powers.

No one's accusing editorial of trying to send a message about wiping out Native Americans. But the image of a blonde, blue-eyed, white guy standing over a fallen Native American telling him to stay down in a condescending manner is riddled with unfortunate implications. It probably wasn't intentional, but it was still problematic.
    This was basically what i meant, the image it portrays while unintentional could be taken that way by some people myself included, Marvel may have not meant it that way but that is how i and others took that scene.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 09-27-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Exactly. Either whoever was writing that didn't know what they were doing or just decided to ignore Warpath's abilities in order to do whatever they wanted...
    Given many of the odd match ups and victors, the latter seems more logical. If Steve was going to win he needed to incur damage before his fight with Gambit but that wasn't what we get do we?

In my opinion AvX didn't make me hate the Avengers, it made me hate Marvel for terrible story telling, poor continuity management and character assassination of both teams.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, the Olympic record for women is 767 pounds, so this match the peak human.......................................
    Yeah, I don't Widow, Catwoman, and Black Cat are olympic level weight lifters.

Yeah, I don't Widow, Catwoman, and Black Cat are olympic level weight lifters.
    And do you know what is supposed to be "Peak Human" in comics ?.

BANNED

And do you know what is supposed to be "Peak Human" in comics ?.
    Yes. Captain America.

Yes. Captain America.
    Well, the thing with his serum is that the Captain America was well below the average before the serum, so it simply turned his body from below to well above the average; but if you give that same serum to someone like Batman, it either doesnt work or it gives a Spider-man level super-strength.
    Besides, the Olympic record for men is like 1100 pounds.

BANNED

Well, the thing with his serum is that the Captain America was well below the average before the serum, so it simply turned his body from below to well above the average; but if you give that same serum to someone like Batman, it either doesnt work or it gives a Spider-man level super-strength.
    Besides, the Olympic record for men is like 1100 pounds.
    The thing with the serum is that it made Captain America peak human. It would do the same for Batman, since Batman is NOT peak human.

Batman is not an Olympic weight lifter, either.

The thing with the serum is that it made Captain America peak human. It would do the same for Batman, since Batman is NOT peak human.

Batman is not an Olympic weight lifter, either.
    Well, there is a difference between "Peak Human" and what Tv Tropes calls "Charles Atlas Superpower", with Batman being more like the former and Captain America being the latter.