Super Moderator

Default EXCL. PREVIEW: Dr. Banner Builds a Bomb in Marvel's "1872" #3

Could Banner's new invention birth something green and angry? Find out as Marvel's "Secret Wars" series by Gerry Duggan & Nik Virella continues.

Full article here.

Been looking forward to this issue. This mini has been on of the best of the Secret Wars ones. It's been great.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I am so excited for this. #2 was the best issue of any Secret Wars tie in. I couldn't believe how Game Of Thrones it got. I just re-read it in anticipation of tomorrow and still can't believe they got away with that ending.

Just read the book, it was another epic. This needs to be an ongoing, or at least needs a sequel mini down the line. More Marvel books need the tone this one has. The fight scenes in this get me way more hyped than most real Marvel books can.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Just read the book, it was another epic. This needs to be an ongoing, or at least needs a sequel mini down the line. More Marvel books need the tone this one has. The fight scenes in this get me way more hyped than most real Marvel books can.
    Marvel are putting out a book called Red Wolf in the All-New, All-Different lineup. It'll continue the story of 1872.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Marvel are putting out a book called Red Wolf in the All-New, All-Different lineup. It'll continue the story of 1872.
    That is awesome news. I hope the new writer does the book justice compared to this ones high quality. The writer did good on Punisher so hopefully he does well here.

BANNED

Just read this issue. Loved it. Great action, great characterization. This has definitely been one of the highlight of the SW tie-ins.

Simon Williams being a bad guy (for now). I have to say, he is more interesting being a villain like this.

This whole AU is definitely one of the best realized ones. So the Red Wolf series post-SW continues in this AU, or in the new 616? I kinda like staying in this AU (even though a lot of the the main characters are 'dying' so I'm not sure how they can sustain the story), Red Wolf would seem so out of place in a the 'modern' world post-SW.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Simon Williams being a bad guy (for now). I have to say, he is more interesting being a villain like this.

This whole AU is definitely one of the best realized ones. So the Red Wolf series post-SW continues in this AU, or in the new 616? I kinda like staying in this AU (even though a lot of the the main characters are 'dying' so I'm not sure how they can sustain the story), Red Wolf would seem so out of place in a the 'modern' world post-SW.
    He's going to 616 after SW, just like every AU character except Spider Gwen. I would have been totally down for the book if it stayed in 1872 but I don't have much interest in fish out of water story #54354959436.

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    He's going to 616 after SW, just like every AU character except Spider Gwen. I would have been totally down for the book if it stayed in 1872 but I don't have much interest in fish out of water story #54354959436.
    Pretty they said that he's staying in this universe and continuing the story from 1872.

Honestly it's too good a book not to continue.