Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default LOOK: Steve McNiven Shows Off "Uncanny Inhumans" Sketches, Designs

Check out McNiven's take on Beast, Black Bolt and Human Torch in Marvel's upcoming "Uncanny Inhumans" series.

Full article here.

BANNED

Beautiful work from McNiven, no surprises there. One of my most anticipated books of the ANAD lineup.

What's the over/under on how long McNiven stays on the title? 4 issues? 6 issues?

I really think Black Bolt has one of the best designs in comics, no need to change anything but McNiven's tweaks fit the story I guess. Going to challenge Kang I'd want to armour up (especially after that arrow in the side during their last encounter). Still, looks good and everything else is exactly what I expect from McNiven (Perfection!)

This all looks pretty sensational.

Well done, McNiven.

Also it would appear that Iso is rocking some new applications to her pressure manipulations.

I dig.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 09-24-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Deleted reply to baiting post

This looks so good that I might have to get it. But then again, I said the same thing with Inhumans and Joe Mad stayed for 6 months and three issues, and the story ended up being meh.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

BANNED

Really like the new designs! Only one I would make changes too is the yellow in Torch's costume. Might look better in the actually book but right now it just seems like it will be to much. Another color with a similar but dark shade probably work better.

Astonishing Member

Not bad. I really don't want to see an action figure of Triton in this new look before we get a proper classic version. I hate when new designs that never last more than a year or so get immortalized when a design that's been around forever doesn't get utilized.

Oh, and yellow on Johnny should be red. Why yellow?

I like the designs, but I think they may be too detailed. I think most artists will take too long to draw them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I really think Black Bolt has one of the best designs in comics, no need to change anything but McNiven's tweaks fit the story I guess. Going to challenge Kang I'd want to armour up (especially after that arrow in the side during their last encounter). Still, looks good and everything else is exactly what I expect from McNiven (Perfection!)
    You should take a look at the preview description their is a good chance he will fight for Kang out of his own interest.

I kind of like the human torch's costume; it's a shame that you don't see it in flame on mode. I wonder how it would look on inferno? I'm actually starting to lean towards puttting him and Triton on Crystal's team, and leaving Gorgon with the uncanny inhumans. I may be cutting down to one book before all is said and done (And I haven't seen either one yet; I just have a feeling that Crystal's team is going to be more interesting than whatever political drama is going on in new attilan.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This all looks pretty sensational.

Well done, McNiven.

Also it would appear that Iso is rocking some new applications to her pressure manipulations.

I dig.

An entire community shouldn't be blamed for the actions of one member, buddy.
    Iso's what? Can't wait to find out about these new inhumans.

Can someone tell me why Black Bolt is wearing Captain America's body armor?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    No
    Oh, and yellow on Johnny should be red. Why yellow?
    Inferno's suit is red, if both pyromancers wore red they would blen together.

I do agree the yellow either needs to be dialed back or made orange. Or FF blue!

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Inferno's suit is red, if both pyromancers wore red they would blen together.

I do agree the yellow either needs to be dialed back or made orange. Or FF blue!
    Blue probably wouldn't work since McNiven seems to be refraining from referencing Johnny's FF roots with the new design.