Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
    I think I'm more interested in learning which mutant characters are inert or dead (not clear which one?) than reading any of the 3 "core" X-Men titles.

As much as the X-Men are my favorite group of characters the direction or lack thereof of the comics lost me shortly after AvX. I'll at least check out this UXM though. Seems more interesting than Storm's book and Nightcrawler and Storm are two of my favorite characters, period.
    I'm not looking forward to find out which mutants marvel would kill off.

Fantastic Member

If it turns out that Cyclops must be a bad guy/antihero/antivillain, I'd like him to at least sweep up a bunch of limbo'd mutants into some big X-posse of misbegotten characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    Considering how awesome Magento was, I am very excited for this

I don't know if the movies are the sole culprit. I think the time Xavier's School opened to hundreds of students and mutants were revealed to be in the millions is somewhere up there as a big misstep. Ever since then the X-roster has been out of control. Many new characters are routinely introduced only to be relegated to wallpaper status. And creative teams/editors seem to gravitate towards storylines that reduce the mutant population to a more manageable number status quo. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I get.

I for one miss the days when mutants were rare and we actually got to know all the X-Men characters.
    Flooding the books with lots of students took a lot of time away from the X-Men being superheroes and the comics suffered because of this big time.

I'd rather see the Terrigen mists or even a villain who went on a murderous rampage reduce the number of mutants as opposed to throwing a hero like the Scarlet Witch under the bus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    We know who they didn't kill off.

Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Magik, Iceman, Colossus, Forge, old man Logan, X-23/Wolverine, teen Cyclops, teen Iceman, teen Beast, teen Angel, Oya, Evan, Monet, Magneto, Psylocke, Mystique, Sabretooth, FantoMex, and Archangel. Adult Beast is around.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Storm, Jean Grey, Nightcrawler, Magik, Iceman, Colossus, Forge, old man Logan, X-23/Wolverine, teen Cyclops, teen Iceman, teen Beast, teen Angel, Oya, Evan, Monet, Magneto, Psylocke, Mystique, Sabretooth, FantoMex, and Archangel. Adult Beast is around.
    That still leaves a lot of them unaccounted for.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

And Rogue is around too
    X-Men Forever

I know, because people always stay dead in the Marvel Universe! Like Bucky! Oh wait. Well, then like Jean Grey! Oh, no wait... Like...

Well, you know I could keep going, but I think it's obvious what I'm saying.

Someone is "dead" until another writer needs that character to be alive. Then it was a clone that died. Or we didn't see the body. Or their heart rate was slowed to appear dead; but were rushed to the hospital and in a coma. Or they were dead, but not, because they were frozen, and then brain washed. Then sent to kill characters. Not that I am being specific or anything.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I want to know why Angel is Arch-Angel again. Sabretooth and X-23 are supposed to be missing their healing factors also, for which Sabes promised to kill Mystique yet hes on her team now. That obviously cant be the case since they're basically normal people without them so all of "Wolverines" was pointless, but the dumb ending pretty much confirmed that anyway.

My only issue with Land is really just the same face on his girls.
    Last edited by Rotm; 09-24-2015 at 09:03 PM.

This book is not going to be all about the mists and the inhumans.

The first threat was hinted to be an old foe of the xmen. Another article hints at the Hellfire Club.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    how is one expected to get excited for this title?

on the one hand, a fan wants to be excited for this premise and cast. magneto standing up for the mutants is awesome and should be applauded. even monet deserves some love if she's going to join the brotherhood that we need.

but on the other hand, the only true enemies the x-men are facing is the inhumans and their gas. and do you really think marvel is just going to let magneto and his team go around assassinating inhumans every which way?
    That's not what happening. Mags Crew will fight many foes we don't know ywt
    X-Men Forever

Hey, that reminds me- wasn't there an xperson named wallflower?
    yeah. She lost her powers
    X-Men Forever

This sounds good. Looking forward to both Extraordinary and Uncanny even more so now (was only really in it for Betsy but this book premise sounds great).
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotm View Post
    I want to know why Angel is Arch-Angel again. Sabretooth and X-23 are supposed to be missing their healing factors also, for which Sabes promised to kill Mystique yet hes on her team now. That obviously cant be the case since they're basically normal people without them so all of "Wolverines" was pointless, but the dumb ending pretty much confirmed that anyway.

My only issue with Land is really just the same face on his girls.
    Eight months past a lot of things can happen.
    X-Men Forever

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled that some people are just now realizing that this is essentially "X-Force by another name." That was obvious to me from day one. The last XF volume didn't sell very well, so slap another more "recognizable" name on it for marketing purpose. It's been done before by both of the Big Two.

As for the whole "sterilization" thing, the only thing that I can come up with is that it suppresses the X-Gene, both active and dormant. So it doesn't matter if the parents are human, ANY chance that they can have mutant children has already been removed. As to HOW that would work, I have no idea.
    Ohhhhhh... That makes so much sense. So not sterilizing as not having children, but sterilizing as inactivating the X-Gene! Ohhhhhhh

OK, question to the X-Editors: What do you mean by sterilization?

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    yeah. She lost her powers
    Huh? She didn't lose her powers, she got murdered by Risman.