Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Jim Starlin Enters Adam Warlock's Mind In "Infinity Entity"

Jim Starlin takes Warlock on a cosmic quest in "Infinity Entity," the next chapter in his unfolding Marvel saga that features art by Alan Davis.

Full article here.

BANNED

how good has Starlin's recent work been?

Really looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    how good has Starlin's recent work been?
    Best way I would describe it is more of the same. If you were a fan of his earlier Thanos stuff you'll at least find the newer stuff interesting. If you weren't then there's really nothing for you here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Best way I would describe it is more of the same. If you were a fan of his earlier Thanos stuff you'll at least find the newer stuff interesting. If you weren't then there's really nothing for you here.
    i read revelations, i liked it....

how good was relativity havn't read that yet?

Holy crap, Jim Starlin AND Alan Davis? I might have to give Starlin's recent Thanos stuff more of a chance. I was luck-warm on his mid-2000's stuff having been a huge fan of his 70's work and of course his run on Silver Surfer, Thanos Quest and the first three Infinity sagas (mainly Gauntlet). Alan Davis is one of my top five favorite pencilers of all-time...yeah, I might have to buy this.

Spectacular Member

Thanos vs Hulk was utter **** so I think I'll give this a skip.

I'll trade wait this one.

Starlin and Davis are both in my all-time top 5 - maybe even top 3 - as far as creators go. I can't wait to see what they can do together!

I'm not really digging the fact that Starlin technically erased from existence the Adam Warlock that's been around for decades and replaced him with an alternate reality version, even though I know he'll be treated effectively as the original version. On the bright side, Alan Davis on art duty for this new book is definitely a plus.

This does look quite appealing. Looks like Adam Warlock's first encounter with the founding Avengers if I'm not mistaken on that one page. Gorgeous artwork as usual by Davis.

All-New Member

Starlin is kinda hit or miss with me as of late, but Davis is an all time favorite. Will probably check it out, but think the whole infinity storyline has been milked to death.

Astonishing Member

Usually anything written by Jim Starlin is well worth reading.
    Now this limited series being illustrated by Alan Davis makes this even more of a must read to me.
    I wonder who is the other major player of this series is,maybe it is the Thing.
    Anyways looking forward to this.

All-New Member

I will be picking this up. Alan Davis has always been one of the greats, as well as Starlin.

I can't help notice in the preview art that the Hulk has only 3 toes?

Amazing Member

In answer to that matter of the hulks toes. In avengers 2,from way back in the day, kirby had a hard time with remembering,that the hulk did have all five toes,but the number seems to change as one goes through the book,and in the next issue was back to five,I beleave.I just wish that soom of these writers and artists,could let minor things like that slide by.Thats why decdes later,after long being ignored,as just a coloring error, the hulk was then made grey at his beginning, when many reprints had him as green.Same with changing his name to Robert Bruce Banner,when Lee screwed up his name in ff 25.