• Yes, I Believe

14 24.14%
  • Let it Go, My Son

29 50.00%
  • Don't Care

15 25.86%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Rider is never coming back, like Mar-Vell.
    ..and Thunderbird.

F'n Marvel only resurrects characters I can't stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Jones View Post
    ..and Thunderbird.

F'n Marvel only resurrects characters I can't stand.
    DC seems to have it out for me too. My favorite characters were Azrael, Blue Beetle, and Aztek.
    Hrmmph to them too.

I guess if I like a character, that's the kiss of death and they don't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Just leave the dead guy dead for once.
    Bendis retcon was terrible enough that we can all pretend it never happened.
    Bendis' retcon on the Cancerverse was atrocious.

Also, I feel sad about what happened to Jeph Loeb's son and I appreciate what he tried to do, but the new Nova is just so damned awful. It goes against the old 616 continuity as well.

Ah, well, we'll always have the Annihilation and Guardian 2.0 trades. Abnett and Lanning's cosmic Marvel was the best thing to come out of that company in the last 20 years.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    RR's on-going series sold more copies than Sam's on-going ever did, and it did so without major Marvel marketing behind it, or putting him front and center in Spider-man and Avengers titles. Issue for issue, Richard's series outsold Sam's. That's not opinion; we have the data on that on record.
    Yeah, this kind of thing is that bothers me with some anti-Rich/pro-Marvel people around here: they simply assume "Marvel is simply supporting what sells more" while refusing to look at hard data that says otherwise (this happens a lot with the pro-Marvel/Complex deniers people as well, but that's another discussion). This blind acceptance that the corporation can't be wrong is worrisome.

Marvel will justify this by making him some sort of minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, this kind of thing is that bothers me with some anti-Rich/pro-Marvel people around here: they simply assume "Marvel is simply supporting what sells more" while refusing to look at hard data that says otherwise (this happens a lot with the pro-Marvel/Complex deniers people as well, but that's another discussion). This blind acceptance that the corporation can't be wrong is worrisome.
    I feel awful for the guy. I can't begin to imagine how awful it is to lose a child. But I think Marvel pushes Sam for the potential they see as well as due to the connection to and tribute for Jeph Loeb's son.

Unfortunately, as sales have shown again and again, the readership isn't into the new Nova. I don't like the series. Maybe he'd work better as a standalone cartoon or something. It'd be better to bring back Rich.

Although I should be careful for what I wish for. I was dying for a new Guardians series, then we got Bendis' version.

I sometimes wonder how much of it comes down to editorial interference. I loved Bendis' Torso mini series, Fortune and Glory miniseries, Ultimate Spidey and even some of his Avengers and X-Men. But Bendis' Guardians? What a mess!

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I know that was meant to be some clever observation but you're about three years too late on that.
    Last edited by Holt; 10-13-2015 at 08:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Sam? He already is a minority...