View Poll Results: Would you read the Inhumans books if they weren't destroying the X-Men?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I won't read Inhumans books because they're destroying the X-Men.

9 10.00%
  • I'm not interested in Inhumans so I won't be reading their books either way.

51 56.67%
  • I'm interested in Inhumans so I'll read their books even if they're destroying the X-Men.

12 13.33%
  • I'll read Inhumans books because they're destroying the X-Men.

5 5.56%
  • I would read Inhumans if they weren't destroying the X-Men.

13 14.44%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Would you read the Inhumans books if they weren't destroying the X-Men?

Figured I'd get in on the inflammatory thread titles for once.

Both in-story and in the real world, the Inhumans are gutting mutants/the X-Men. If the Inhumans were off doing their own thing and not murdering and sterilizing mutants while stealing away key X-Men [Cyclops, Beast], if the Inhumans franchise wasn't sucking the X-Men franchise dry to get itself off the ground for future movie synergy... Would you be reading any of the Inhumans books?

I've always found the Inhumans fascinating, especially Black Bolt, Maximus, and Lockjaw. If they weren't being forced down my throat while destroying mutants/the X-Men to do it, I'd probably give them a read just like I did their great Marvel Knights miniseries back at the turn of the millennium. With the situation as compleX as it is, I don't think I'll be reading any Inhumans books. How about you?
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-24-2015 at 10:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I would if they undid the Axis retcon disconnecting Lorna from what used to be her extended family, but only the titles Crystal is in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Figured I'd get in on the inflammatory thread titles for once.

Both in-story and in the real world, the Inhumans are gutting mutants/the X-Men. If the Inhumans were off doing their own thing and not murdering and sterilizing mutants while stealing away key X-Men [Cyclops, Beast], if the Inhumans franchise wasn't sucking the X-Men franchise dry to get itself off the ground for future movie synergy... Would you be reading any of the Inhumans books?

I've always found the Inhumans fascinating, especially Black Bolt, Maximus, and Lockjaw. If they weren't being forced down my throat while destroying mutants/the X-Men to do it, I'd probably give them a read just like I did their great Marvel Knights miniseries back at the turn of the millennium. With the situation as compleX as it is, I don't think I'll be reading any Inhumans books. How about you?
    Considering that I have most if not all of the "Inhumans" titles -- it pains me to see them being used as the latest assassin's bullet against the X-Men... But, I'd probably give give it a chance -- unless Grant Morrison was the writer.

Considering that the only Inhuman I have any real interest in is Kamala, that's a big fat no. I'm just not interested in reading about them and their problems as their own series. Compared to X-Men, they've always felt dickish and pretentious to me.

I'm going to read Ms. Marvel and will likely invest in Moon Girl, but the larger franchise doesn't interest me. The flagship titles have some great talent, but once you remove the borrowed X-Men themes I am not compelled by what they have to offer.

Ms. Marvel would be great no matter what species she happened to be and she carries any scenes she shares with the Royal Family IMO.

The only inhuman I find interesting is Crystal, but not enough to pick up the series with the way things are atm.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

No I won't buy the books either way. Im not a fan of teams but of characters and there hasn't been yet a single Inhuman character that has appealed to be me unlike with the Avengers or X-Men.
    That may be because they all seem to be either goofy looking or have flashy super powers and Im generally more a fan of street-level stuff or stuff that is a bit above of that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I do not like the Inhumans. Never have. The fact that they've tied them in with my X-Men is annnoying and just makes me dislike them even more...

Unglaublich!

The only Inhuman I've ever found vaguely interesting is Black Bolt, and that's purely down to the fact that he has to keep silent. It always seemed an interesting "handicap" for a superpowered being to be saddled with.

Not one of the others has ever piqued my interest though and the same goes for every single one of the current NuHumans too.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

They're not destroying the X-Men and yes I plan to read a lot of if not all the Inhumans books.

Incredible Member

Yea I'm in the camp that has no interest in the inhumans. I may watch the eventual movie if the trailers look good and my wife doesn't mind seeing it...but that's a big maybe.

I am, however, planning to devour extraordinary xmen and uncanny xmen.

If Ms. Marvel counts, I'm already reading that. And I'll doubtless pick up the Karnak book, because Ellis.

Beyond those...not so much. Even if the mass media push wasn't so cloying, and it wasn't forcing a narrative onto what should be unrelated titles, I don't think I have quite enough goodwill for the Inhumans in general to bother with their team books.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

The Inhumans were dull, badly conceived boring characters LONG before Marvel tried to market them as mutants 2.0. I have never, EVER had any interest in reading about them, their history, their stories; it has nothing to do with the current climate. They've always been bad (people just never talked about them before because they weren't even bad and famous... just bad).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I just don't find the Inhumans interesting. Their role in the x-men's fate has nothing to do with me not wanting to read their books.

I am surprised to see how many people share this sentiment based on the polls. A lot of people who supposedly don't like Inhumans sure do keep talking about them all the time.

The Inhumans have never appealed to me, with the exception of Kamala Khan. They always struck me as secretive, elitist jerks. They've never really done anything that has made them all that endearing. And given what's happening with the X-men, I have even more reasons not to like them. Their past few series have not appealed to me in the slightest and I have no intention of giving them any of my money for the foreseeable future.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.