Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I don't see a whole lot of uniformity of thought in the Scooby Doo fandom as a whole, but my opinion remains the same. Real ghosts take something out of the franchise.

And the ghost in Witch's Ghost really seemed almost an afterthought. There was a fake ghost mystery, they solved it, then suddenly a real ghost shows up for the next fifteen minutes. Again, this is my favorite of the "monsters are real" era as the solution to both the mystery and the monster relies on the mystery solving abilities of the gang rather than just kinda letting the monsters wear themselves out in Zombie Island
    Yeah. I see the appeal of having real ghosts in Scooby, but I pretty much think the same. Having the ghosts be real defeats the point of Scooby.

As for SDMI, I thought the Annunaki fell flat, and then to top it off, there was a horrible reset button. But getting to that point, we saw some of the best plots Scooby has ever had (except for the relationship garbage).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Yeah. I see the appeal of having real ghosts in Scooby, but I pretty much think the same. Having the ghosts be real defeats the point of Scooby.

As for SDMI, I thought the Annunaki fell flat, and then to top it off, there was a horrible reset button. But getting to that point, we saw some of the best plots Scooby has ever had (except for the relationship garbage).
    The only thing that really disappointed me about the reset button was that Crystal Cove didn't become Coolsville.

Never cared for Coolsville anyway, because it was created for Pup Named Scooby, which I loathe.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

Never cared for Coolsville anyway, because it was created for Pup Named Scooby, which I loathe.
    I'm still waiting for them to bring Red Herring back .

I loved that cartoon as a little kid, what was wrong with it?

And did their hometown have a name before it was Coolsville?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As a Shapne shipper I am all for Velma x Fred.
    Then you might be happy with the series, as they seem to be heading in that direction after the second book

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Then you might be happy with the series, as they seem to be heading in that direction after the second book
    The Daphne and Velma book series? I'm halfway through book two, The Dark Deception right now.

To me it works in the big scale movies. It's not something you want to revist too often, but having some real supernatural stuff does make the fact that people believe all the ghosts and monsters they see more plausible.

Plus I actually liked Ghoul School and The Reluctant werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I loved that cartoon as a little kid, what was wrong with it?

And did their hometown have a name before it was Coolsville?
    I just can't stand series that take pre-existing characters and make them kids -- Muppet Babies, Flintstone Kids, etc. BLECH! I'm okay with adults having teen versions, but no kid versions, ever. Nothing good, imo, comes of it. I didn't even like kid characters when I was a kid. And after Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm became teens, I don't want to see them as kids/babies anymore.

It wasn't until the Scrappy Doo series that they actually delved into the lives of the kids, and the kids adventured all over the world, so there wasn't a mention of a hometown.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST