Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated

Has anyone watched this show?

I'll admit that I've never been the biggest fan of Scooby Doo. However, I was surprised at how intriguing this show could be. It's not everyday you see a Scooby Doo series with actual plot progression and character development. It's a different take on the formula that works surprisingly well. Season 1 was alright, but the show really peaked in season 2. The stakes were higher, and the finale was just morbid.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I didn't get around to finishing this series, but it's easily my favorite Scooby Doo series. I really liked the relationship developments among the characters. Among those being, clueless trap obsessed Fred and Daphne, and Shaggy and Velma. The Incorporated version of Velma was my favorite character in the show, but the show made me really hate Scooby Doo for getting in Shaggy and Velma's way constantly. The former Mystery Gang conspiracy story was also very interesting to watch, and Sheriff Bronson Stone was a fun recurring character to watch. I've been meaning to re-watch the series from the beginning and finish it.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Have never finished it but I very much enjoyed what I've watched of it so far (Started watching it on Netflix but there are a lot of things to watch on the internet, eh?). I really liked the interpretation of the characters, they took attributes from pretty much every incarnation of the franchise, re-balanced them and created versions of the characters that through no more than mild mental gymnastics could work within all of those previous incarnations. But not only that, I mean it was actually funny. Dialogue and animation wise the timing was always perfect and the jokes worked for the reason the production team intended. Not out of nostalgia or just the stupidity of everything trumping poor execution. You have to admire that.

Astonishing Member

Never watched much of it but it was absolutely one of the best things Warners had done to move the franchise forward in what seems like over a decade.

I watched the entire first season and need to make it a point to watch the second season, because I freaking love this show, and is the best incarnation of Scooby Doo period. Or at least, the best one since the original.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

This show was crazy fun and could be surprisingly dark.

How often can you describe an episode synopsis as stupid-awesome as "Scooby and the gang team up with Blue Falcon and Dinomutt to fight Dr. Zin."

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

With the many Hanna-Barbera crossovers featured in Mystery Incorporated, I was really hoping at least one episode would guest star Johnny Bravo.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

I loved this show.

And Fred!

Fred was amazing here!
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    I watched the entire first season and need to make it a point to watch the second season, because I freaking love this show, and is the best incarnation of Scooby Doo period. Or at least, the best one since the original.
    If you enjoyed the first season, you'll no doubt enjoy season 2 even more. I won't spoil anything, but let's just say that the show becomes much more ambitious, there are some dark twists, and the character development is impressive to say the least. Heck, even people who aren't a fan of Scooby Doo will find something to like about this show.
    Last edited by Amibo_Amore; 09-25-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Been a scooby fan my whole life and this was just amazing. Funny, charming, intriguing and not scared to show ambition. Characters actually felt like characters and the ending was just wow brilliant. Wish WB would hurry up ans release the damn Blu ray.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Yes, this was a very good series. Enjoyed the appearances of other H-B characters.

I see a new Scooby new series "Be Cool, Scooby Doo" starts monday on Cartoon Network.

Great show. Loved the Twin Peaks crossover and the metatextual finale was brilliant.
    I also love how they handled Velma's sexual orientation without making a joke of it like the live-action movies did.

Currently watching it now. Enjoying it so far.

I have watched the entire series a couple of times - it's awesome, and on a different level than other Scooby Doo stories.

It's too bad they decided to end it (I hear they are starting a new show - I watched the promo; it's more like the earlier versions, which I do like. But, I prefer the tone and style of Mystery Inc now).
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigonos Chomhgaill View Post
    Great show. Loved the Twin Peaks crossover and the metatextual finale was brilliant.
    I also love how they handled Velma's sexual orientation without making a joke of it like the live-action movies did.
    I don't get it? I know she had a romance in the second film, but that was with a guy, so what's with mentioning her sexual orientation? I don't think she's ever been portrayed as a lesbian or bi (I mean, it could happen, but it hasn't yet that I know of).