Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Interesting Thread Idea King of Hybrids, Thanks for it!

Honestly I found already most of Uncanny Avengers Very Good the way Rick Remender Made it, but Indeed their be a Few Changes I make as well with the story I would have wanted to see more.

Before that King of Hybrids, another thing is that Uncanny Avengers DID Live up to the Hype, We Always Talked about it here on Old and New CBR no matter what, so any talk is a Success. Also, it always did around 50k Issues a Month and was a Flagship of Marvel that had its own Event Comic. Not matter many Comic Politics of those that did not like that book, it was a Success Threw-N-Threw cause of those Alone and the Fandom it created with me and others! ;-)

So Now to the Points on how I would have changed-up the book.

1.) I would have changed-up some Heroes, Namely Taken out Wolverine and Thor and Replaced them with Storm and Brother Voodoo, Going by the Major Fact that these 2 where originally going to be in the 1st Volume Rick said, so I like to see that. Also I replace Sunfire with Nightcrawler.

2.) Havok is still the Leader but thier is a Commander that is under him that is non-mutant to show that Mutants and Humans can share leadership. The Commander would be Janet Van Dyne.

3.) Non of the Team hating each other, mostly exclude the Rogue and Wanda forced arguments and any of the X-Men and Avengers strife from AvX is worked out threw the 1st encounters with the Red Skull.

4.) Also for the Story the Book would need to be 2 times a Month to help move the story forward.

5.) The story is a cross of not just action but internal dialogue about members forming close bonds; Rogue and Wanda becoming friends, Wasp and Alex starting to be an item, Storm interacting with all the Avengers is what is means to lead both X-Men and Mutants, Nightcralwer being the heart of the team in what it means to be mutant in both a pre and post AvX world. The dialgue would serve as a coming together moments to give roots towards the ideals of how mutants and humans can work together and it starts with them working together.

6.) My final point, although I might come-up with more later, is that after the Red Skull opening arc we get another arc right after where Red Skull is forming together all the Anti-Mutant forces one-by-one and the Unity Team comes in to not only fight them down, but to philosophically in battle bring them down and it brings them down for good. One of them would be the Purifiers would be a foe to bring down once and for all!

This would lead to Red Skull running and losing a majority amount of the Anti-Mutant organizations. This leads into the Poccy Twins arc.
    This is much better than what we got. Thank you.

I would have gotten Acuna to do every single issue (Cassaday's art was weak here), condensed AXIS and used it as the final big arc, and left the Counter-Earth issues as the last "goodbye" arc. All without renumbering.

This book didn't need Cap (Steve OR Sam), if I had to choose actual roster changes.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    so, how would you have done it?
    Simple. I wouldn't.

Well, okay, I'll try it for the sake of "fun".

2) yes, wanda is still on the team (how is another matter), and can't be team-killed. no Axis retcon
    I can work with this. Especially the bolded part.

what premise, what members, whats the plots, whose the enemies, whats the goal?
    Let's see...

I thought that the idea of setting the team up to fail intentionally was pretty interesting of an idea and had potential for a good story. So I'm not sure if I should change that or not but for the sake of making it different I'll do it.

At first I thought that maybe I would start the story with the team failing at first and then coming together as a more unified whole to finally stop the enemy but then I thought that it would be pretty standard so maybe I would prefer to go with the team trying their damnest to work together to stop the bad guys and they would manage to do that but every once in a while the tensions over AvX would come into play and cause them to squabble among themselves.

- Scarlet Witch: Actually acting repentant over what she did and trying to earn her redemption as best as she can. She would be part of this team in order to redeem herself AND to be a bridge between mutants and Avengers since she (and Pietro) is (are) the first mutant(s) on Avengers.

- Havok: The Team leader. No matter the situation. So even if Cyclops was available I wouldn't use him. And the whole situation with him and the Phoenix Force during AvX gives a convenient excuse why Cap doesn't ask him to lead this team. And I wouldn't want Cable either since he would be too strong willed just like Cyclops. I feel that Havok can be much more diplomatic. Of course I would have Havok asserting his leadership more by telling Cap straight to his face that he leads the team alone and Cap has no business meddling in their missions outside of acting as mission assigner/mission command. Kind of how Cyclops did for Wolverine's X-Force.

- Battlestar/U.S.Agent: Instead of putting Cap into this team I would replace him with one of his supporting characters/sidekicks/successors. So, either U.S. Agent or (more likely) Battlestar. I see him as being recruited into the group by Cap to act as his eyes and ears inside the team and to sort of represent his interests within it. He would question his status as a "spy" and wonder whose orders he should follow: Cap or Havok. Once Havok finds out about this arrangement between Cap an Battlestar/U.S.Agent he obviously gets angry and it causes schism within the team for a while.

- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers): Would act as second in command. She would be recruited due to her close ties to X-Men and because she has more experience fighting alongside them and over all dealing with mutants (and overcoming mutant related fear/hate) than any other Avenger.

- Vision: Would be a good addition since as an android he would be emotionally removed from the humans vs mutants debate and would wonder why some humans hate mutants so much, sometimes for no reason.

- Mimic: A Failed X-Man given chance to make a difference as member of Avengers Unity Squad. It could have potential for interesting story telling.

- Nate Grey, potential team powerhouse & psychic.

- Beast: The Team scientist and occasionally joining them on the field. His previous membership in Avengers makes him a good candidate for this team

- Jean Grey: Reborn through a Phoenix egg and joins the team once they find her, either inside the egg or (as an amnesiac?) living under assumed identity.

Other characters I could see coming in and out of this team would be:

Angel/Archangel (X)
    Blink (X)
    Blue Marvel (A)
    Falcon (A)
    Firestar (A&X)
    Hellcat (A)
    The Hulk (A)
    Justice (A + mutant)
    Mockingbird (A)
    Namor (A&X)
    Nightcrawler (X)
    Northstar (X)
    Quicksilver (A&X)
    Spectrum/Monica Rambeau (A)
    Tigra (A)
    Warpath (X)
    Wonder Man (A)

I can't say how I would built the team but UA was in Kang arc very strong and the idea were great. I think the idea for many fans was that the X-Men and the Avengers stops their above the law attitude including the we don't share any secrets behaviour. In some way it was about destroying walls but it didn't worked from the story perspective it is clear why.

The Scarlet Witch needed to be put in jail for this and with the upcoming TRO a consistent law rule in the MU would have been troublesome for the editors also the X-Men would face with the Avengers enemies which are too big for one group which would lead in any event to the question why the Avengers aren't helping the X-men and visa versa.

But again even when Remender wanted to change the team afterwards the changes were very much the result of what the editors(AXIS) wanted. To bury the idea after the run was very disappointing a less explosive end would help to built up more substance for the next run.

In the end only the title name kept sticking I really want to know what with the old "we need to built stuff up to hold fans" concept for stories happened ?

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Team

1Havok-leader no speach
    2Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver- but they stay mutants
    3Wasp
    4Firestar
    5Herc
    6Skids-shield rep
    7Dani Moonstar -Death Val powers
    8spiderwoman-julia Carpenter

Prime enemies
    1SHIELD
    2Kang
    3Human council(second comming)
    4Lilith-Adam's first wife from Ghostrider not the Vamp

Less infighting more finding common ground even an apology for starting the AvX chaos.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 09-28-2015 at 08:14 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

No two members of Uncanny Avengers made more sense than Wanda and Rogue. It's the rest that didn't. There really didn't need to be more than 1 or 2 flatscan Avengers. And NO CAP!

Storm -- Leader. Uncanny Avengers was nothing more than her XSE idea under a different name.
    Scarlet Witch & Rogue -- both for their own redemption stories.
    Captain Marvel (Carol) -- more X-ties than any other flatscan Avenger.
    Wonder Man
    Beast
    Shadowcat -- for years she's wanted out of the damned mutant ghetto
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier