Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Coates Taking Over Captain America in Fresh Start

https://www.newsarama.com/38843-capt...esh-start.html

Coates is pretty good, I'll give it a shot. Sad to see Waid go so soon though, does he having anything in fresh start besides that ant-man miniseries?
    "If I come back from the dead one more time I'll be seriously in danger of turning into some kind of walking cliche." - Jean Grey, Uncanny X-Men #284

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

World and their mother knew this already thanks to Bleeding Cool ages back but it's nice to have it confirmed anyway.

Yu drawing Cap?

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Very exciting! Can't wait.

Trying to keep an open mind...but word of mouth kept me away from his Black Panther run. It's like an ugly pattern.

Marvel screws up Cap. Marvel gets Mark Waid to get Cap back on his feet.
    Marvel screws up Cap. Marvel gets Mark Waid to get Cap back on his feet.

Just let Waid write Cap.

Incredible Member

People who don't read comics seem to be praising him constantly but from what I've seen Black Panther fans hate his take on the character.

Very excited for this.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    People who don't read comics seem to be praising him constantly but from what I've seen Black Panther fans hate his take on the character.
    As someone who DOES read comics (and has for a good long while now) I can say that's not right. People in the BLACK PANTHER appreciation thread don't like Coates run but there are those of us who do (I loved Priest's run and I love COtes run but I'm not a big fan of Hudlin's).

I'm actually lookig forward to seeing what Coates does with Cap.

Cheers.

James.

Amazing Member

As a fan of Coates writing , I was lukewarm to his BP run.It did a great job of world building but fell flat elsewhere. That being said this has the potential to become historic in more ways than one.

Spectacular Member

I wanna read this since I love Coates’ non-comic writing and I mostly enjoy his Black Panther run (though reading the Black Panther appreciation thread, they’re pretty right). I think he would actually shine a lot more writing Captain America (symbol of America and everything that entails) than Black Panther.

Also since I was already reading Waid’s Cap, don’t have to add an extra title to my pull.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...merica/553991/

Coates explains why he decided to write Captain America, and gets into how he views the character. I think this is a must read.

Great, now get him far far far away from everything BP/Wakanda related..

BANNED

Not a fan of Coates. I'll pass on this one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Yu drawing Cap?

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, great artist pick. This book is gonna look GOOD.

And I'm excited for Coates on Cap. Waid's run has been charmingly old fashioned but that isn't quite enough to hold my interest long term. A short run in that style is all I need. I'm ready to get back to a meatier take on Cap. And unlike some vocal BP fans on these boards, I've enjoyed Coates' BP run and found it interesting to see how he's evolved and adapted to comic book writing. Given what he's learned on BP, it'll be interesting to see how he hits the ground running on Cap.

I like it when Cap writers have something to say about America and Cap's place in it and Coates certainly will bring a strong point of view to the book.

Coates AND Yu...hot damn, that's a pretty big creative team! Sign me up!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven