Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Should the X-Men fight with other super heroes?

Should the X-Men fight with other super heroes? It seems like a lot of people didn't like AvX and the X-Men having to deal with Scarlet Witch as an enemy lead to M-Day. These events don't seem to leave many people happy. The thing is characters like the Avengers have their own fans and so the writers have to balance the wishes of fans of both camps. If the X-Men are fighting someone who is supposed to be a villain (be it a sympathetic villain like Magneto or a really unsympathetic villain like Red Skull or Apocalypse) there is no balance the writers have to strike, the X-men can defeat the villains and no one will complain about the results.

Of course they should. Sometimes.

But not too often.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Of course they should. Sometimes.

But not too often.
    Well I suppose there are different ways to have heroes fight:

There could be an early misunderstanding that leads to brief fight, it is resolved and the X-Men and Avengers team up to fight a greater threat.

Also either the X-Men or the Avengers could be mind controlled, one team frees the other and then they team up against a greater threat.

Those seem like better options then the X-Men and Avengers fighting each other for 12 issues and often have to be written out of character for it to work.

I do think heroes seem more heroic when they are fighting villains instead of other heroes.

Well, for the most part I prefer characters to have a little more complexity to them, so, not easily defined as "hero" or "villain". To me this rings more true to life, more like the world we live in.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Yes

X-Men vs Alpha Flight
    X-Men vs The Starjammers

It depends on how much. When it starts to seem like they fight other heroes more than actual villains, it's too much.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Intermittently, yes. There's basically no avoiding it in superhero comics and it's a fun device used correctly.

The problem comes when it's made to be the status quo for the X-Men, because due to the METAPHORZ~ surrounding mutants, any concentrated campaign against them resembles harassment of a minority group too much for the story to read comfortably, or for the other side to escape without muck on their lapels.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

As a team no. As individuals sure why not.

Well, if it's for their survival, then yes.

sometimes, but it shouldn't the status quo. Marvel ran the whole hero vs. hero thing into the ground for a few years and I feel we could use a break.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Nah, they always end up mediocre.

The only time it's been amazing has been Rogue vs Carol and the storylines that came from that.

Stuff like AvX just needs to be glossed over asap.

no. i'm extremely tired of the whole hero vs hero thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    As a team no. As individuals sure why not.
    This, so this. I want to lock Steve and Scott in a room so they can just get it out of their system and make out.

BANNED

Its fine sometimes. But lately that's all we get. Basically its been done to death at this point. Ever since Civil War which was a decent story but its almost like DOFP with the time-travel, now its become an overused and tired story. There always differences in philosophy or how things should be dealt with which can naturally lead to some conflict. The problem is for the last few years its gotten more and more difficult to even name the villains in the Avengers books and the Xmen besides the nameless faceless intolerant humans. With all the constant infighting villains should be having a field day . I think in a somewhat subtle way this was a bit of the message during Remenders run on Uncanny Avengers. Basically what happens when the heroes can't stop fighting amongst each other

No, no, NO! I'm sick of heroes fighting heroes all the time, and it's especially bad for the X-Men since they're always fighting each other as well as other heroes.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!