Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Like many others have said the answer is yes, sometimes but not always. Right now I'm done with the idea of X-Men fighting with other heroes. AvX still wasn't that long ago and it was a huge fight, practically an all out war, and it wasn't handled well. So I would like to have few years without any kind of fights between X-Men and other heroes.

So basically I want less fights and better written fights. Nowadays we seem to be getting the exact opposite: a lot of fights and poorly written fights.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Well, for the most part I prefer characters to have a little more complexity to them, so, not easily defined as "hero" or "villain". To me this rings more true to life, more like the world we live in.
    Well except some people in real life are reprehensible, frankly not everything in the world is gray, some people are just self serving psychopaths.

I also don't think Marvel has done a gray vs. gray story very well at all, it seems like Marvel writes almost everyone out of character and makes one side more villainous so you root for the less villainous side.

Civil War didn't seem like a ambiguous conflict, because a lot of writers wrote Stark as a fascist. If these stories are not morally complex, what's the point of them, they just make everyone unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if it's for their survival, then yes.

Except if written correctly, why would the Avengers be against the X-Men survival at all? Unless you want some straw man Avengers who act like jerks and are mean to the X-Men for no good reason, I don't see why the Avengers as they have been traditionally been written would want the X-Men dead.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 09-26-2015 at 03:53 PM.

If it means throwing one of the group under the bus in the process, then no.
    And even then, there better be a great story to drive home such conflict.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

I suppose it depends if you consider the Avengers "heroes"

But I do think they need some stronger antagonists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    If it means throwing one of the group under the bus in the process, then no.
    And even then, there better be a great story to drive home such conflict.
    Ultimately, "this". Especially since too many writers have to engage in character assassination, in order to make it pop off. Like with Stark in Civil War.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Except if written correctly, why would the Avengers be against the X-Men survival at all? Unless you want some straw man Avengers who act like jerks and are mean to the X-Men for no good reason, I don't see why the Avengers as they have been traditionally been written would want the X-Men dead.
    No one cares about this.

"Gotta make the X-men look like victims. No matter what!"
    Last edited by J.D. Owe; 09-27-2015 at 01:16 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

No but they do need to draw a line in the sand that SHIELD can not cross

This is a sad must in comic lore, heroes fighting heroes, it's just a question of how many times this happens and what is the cause for it. But we have all seen what happens when done wrong (AvX) so i hope that if there is one it is done well... Sadly Marvel has been letting me done a lot lately so i won't hold my breath.

There are good hero vs hero stories, but at this point, it is beyond overplayed. The X-Men and mutantkind are going to be in such a vulnerable position that pitting them against other heroes will just make other heroes look heartless and unsympathetic.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Yes they should fight with other super heroes if they get in the way of mutants surviving or to kill Black bolt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Yes they should fight with other super heroes if they get in the way of mutants surviving or to kill Black bolt.
    But why do other heroes have to "get in the way of mutants surviving"? I don't think that is the case, unless other heroes are turned into malicious straw men to move a silly hero vs. hero plot forward. I don't think that is good writing. What's next, making Matt Murdock rig legal cases so mutants go to jail, seemingly just for kicks?

The only time hero v hero worked was during Spiderman: Death of Jean DeWolf.

For the x-men...maybe? It's a weird thing to decide when and where. Plus even saying its to serve the story doesn't work anymore since it would screw with continuity/actual character views.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    But why do other heroes have to "get in the way of mutants surviving"? I don't think that is the case, unless other heroes are turned into malicious straw men to move a silly hero vs. hero plot forward. I don't think that is good writing. What's next, making Matt Murdock rig legal cases so mutants go to jail, seemingly just for kicks?
    Dont give them more ideas.

Incredible Member

Yes they should especially if ideologically there is no delicate way for compromise. It's unavoidable when you are dealing with so many personalities but as others have pointed out it's not entertaining or good if that's all they do. However events like AvX and Civil War made the opposing sides in each event look bad for being involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Well, for the most part I prefer characters to have a little more complexity to them, so, not easily defined as "hero" or "villain". To me this rings more true to life, more like the world we live in.
    First I know that since the early 2000's we had a lot of those "complex characters" to be frankly most of them should be in jail, second if you go with this angle in the books you shift with the genre from superhero comic to snuff comics(which is already so but I want to be complete), third we had a villain which was all about this his name was Dr.Doom until he said in the early 2000's : 'Fuck honor I want to win!' and became full villain. ( The story where he send Franklin to hell, possessed Valeria, and ripped the skin off his ex-girlfriend.)
    Last edited by TakoM; 10-01-2015 at 03:35 AM.

Well, they are meant to be on the same side, would be nice to actually see this. So, no, not into superheroes fighting superheroes.