Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default WW in Dark Knight III cover

I don't know that it means she'll be in the comic, but she's on a variant cover.

ARTGERM-lo-3-1-018cb.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Considering her awful rendering in Batman and Robin, I am less than excited.

ANd while I know this is a Batman book, Wonder Woman is NOT three feet shorter than him. The implication here is if Batman were standing upright instead of legs heroically spread Diana's head would barely reach his sternum.
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-27-2015 at 04:12 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I don't know that it means she'll be in the comic, but she's on a variant cover.
    Probably, she was in TDKSA.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Considering her awful rendering in Batman and Robin, I am less than excited.

ANd while I know this is a Batman book, Wonder Woman is NOT three feet shorter than him. The implication here is if Batman were standing upright instead of legs heroically spread Diana's he'd would barely reach his sternum.
    So? All of the heroes were completely different from ASBAR to TDKSA, what does that have to do with anything?

And TDKR-era Batman is utterly massive.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    ANd while I know this is a Batman book, Wonder Woman is NOT three feet shorter than him. The implication here is if Batman were standing upright instead of legs heroically spread Diana's he'd would barely reach his sternum.
    Nah, he's standing on a box, Tom Cruise style.

Or it's silver/gold age based Diana, who was not tall at all.

BANNED

Wow. A 7 foot male character with a 5 foot female character. And here I thought Wonder Woman was supposed to be always almost as tall as Supes and Bats. The sexism and over compensating chauvinistic symbolism is obvious. Comic book sites will have a field da-

http://i0.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-...=85&strip=info

https://d309cd6updicdi.cloudfront.ne...cb5e5f7fc0/raw

Nevermind.

Mighty Member

WW is probably in DKIII: The Master race. She made an appearance in DKII.

Besides that. It's a cover. It's not the interior art. Of a comic book that went of the rails with proportions in DKII

But even if she's shorter than Batman, what's the problem? Strength (or whatever WW feat you feel is important.) isn't measured in length?

As for the comic itself, I wouldn't worry much. Azzarello is aboard, co-writing and plotting. I think it'll be great. Especially considering how well he handled Batman 44 with Snyder.
    Last edited by borntohula; 09-26-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Yeah, she's probably in it to some degree. The iconic bloody S suggests Superman dies or has died prior to the story or something, so she'll probably be involved to that end, vengeance for her lover/husband.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Okay, this is an honest question with no sarcasm. Think about it for a minute and give me your honest opinion: What would be the reaction of comic book sites if 2 covers of a giant Superman with a teenaged, 5 feet version of Wonder Woman had been published in the space of a few months?

What other cover are you referring to?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Hey, is that Aquaman's belt she is wearing?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post

But even if she's shorter than Batman, what's the problem? Strength (or whatever WW feat you feel is important.) isn't measured in length?
    The problem is you can't adjust her height according to your own preferences and/or the character she appears next to as if she's a not a "person" with her own identity which is what defines an individual. Superman is always tall, white and strapping, you can count on it. Wonder Woman though, one day she's tall, the next day she's petite, one day she's pale the next day she's tanned, one day she's strong the next day she's skinny, she's got no identity...

Tony Daniel drew the SMWW Selfie variant, her head was half the size of his, she was upside down, the title slapped on top of her, a proper reflection of what the book's like on the inside. No one but me remarked on it, that I saw, there's your answer Dumbduck
    Last edited by Aula_Magna; 09-26-2015 at 06:18 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What other cover are you referring to?
    The 2 covers here in this thread. To make a better example, one cover with a mini teenaged Lois in the same position as the Catwoman cover and one with a mini teenaged Diana in the DKR3 cover.

edit- Wow, finally managed to answer, did anyone else have trouble posting in the last 1 and a half hour?

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    The problem is you can't adjust her height according to your own preferences and/or the character she appears next to
    Thank you.

Tony Daniel drew the SMWW Selfie variant, her head was half the size of his, she was upside down, the title slapped on top of her, a proper reflection of what the book's like on the inside. No one but me remarked on it, that I saw, there's your answer Dumbduck
    Nowhere near as problematic. I admit her head is a bit small, but certainly not half his size, she doesn't look 14 years old and its obvious that her height certainly reaches past his groin. She's also somewhat 'dominant' in the picture, holding him.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/418c4c471...zyxso1_500.jpg
    Last edited by dumbduck; 09-26-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Oh, I thought you were referring to another cover with Batman and Wonder Woman on it. I follow you now.

Either way I don't think either is problematic. The aesthetic style of DKR Batman is that he's Hulk-like big. Its near caricature levels. In DK2 Wonder Woman was kinda short. Its a continuation of those stories so its just staying consistent. Not a big deal.

And yes, you can adjust height and weight to one's preference, if its cool with the owners, in this case DC. The very character in question indeed used to be routinely pretty short.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-26-2015 at 07:28 PM.

BANNED

Dominant!? If there's something Wonder Woman's not in Tony Daniel's SMWW covers is "dominant". Even his eyes are bluer than hers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh, I thought you were referring to another cover with Batman and Wonder Woman on it. I follow you now.

Either way I don't think either is problematic. The aesthetic style of DKR Batman is that he's Hulk-like big. Its near caricature levels. Not a big deal.
    I'm not about to go searching for the pages, but I'm pretty sure Supes was as big as Batman and Diana wasn't that small compared to Supes. Certainly not like in this new cover.

And yes, you can adjust height and weight to one's preference, if its cool with the owners, in this case DC. The very character in question indeed used to be routinely pretty short.
    (Brain literally melts) Then why-oh-why must every facet of the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship be scrutinized to the last atom? When will comic book feminists examine the sexism of Batman franchise? When will they make a mea culpa about their obvious Fox News level juvenile double standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    Dominant!? If there's something Wonder Woman's not in Tony Daniel's SMWW covers is "dominant". Even his eyes are bluer than hers
    Eyes... bluer? I never noticed that. They are not 'bluer'. They are a bit lighter. And hers are much more expressive and with a deeper color.
    Last edited by dumbduck; 09-26-2015 at 07:35 PM.