Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VERTIGO Returns

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Default VERTIGO Returns

Yes, and there're a couple of titles which interest me.
    [If there's a devoted thread to Vertigo already, please move this there and let me know-- I looked and didn't find one.]

Lucifer, as I still have everything from his first run, and do recommend that-- and The Twilight Children because the team of Gilbert Hernandez and Darwyn Cooke almost guarantees I'd like it. NOT happy with the $5 cover price, and wonder if I should trade-wait this one.

What d'yathink?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I'm not sure why the title of this thread is "VERTIGO Returns". Had it gone away or something? (I thought they had been continuing to release stuff every month.)

As for
    Quote Originally Posted by matt levin View Post
    . . . and The Twilight Children because the team of Gilbert Hernandez and Darwyn Cooke almost guarantees I'd like it. NOT happy with the $5 cover price, . . .
    you do realize this book is suppose to have more pages than a typical DC 32 page comic book?

If you don't have/don't want to give out that much money I would trade wait because The Twilight Children only has 4-Issues and it would be out as one trade anyway.

Did Vertigo leave?
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Is Karen Berger back?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Is Karen Berger back?
    No, but Jamie Rich is in house, so they've got a superstar editor again.

I've said this about a million times, but Twilight Children not being the most-anticipated, most-talked about upcoming comic demonstrates everything that's wrong with the N American comic book market. It's Beto Hernandez and Darwyn Cooke! This should be something that has everyone counting the seconds until its release.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I've said this about a million times, but Twilight Children not being the most-anticipated, most-talked about upcoming comic demonstrates everything that's wrong with the N American comic book market. It's Beto Hernandez and Darwyn Cooke! This should be something that has everyone counting the seconds until its release.
    But . . . some of us may just want to read fun books with guys in capes and tights.

Sort of like comfort food . . . stuff that makes you feel good inside and maybe reminds you of when you were a kid.

Vertigo died with Hellblazer and Karen Berger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    My only hesitance is with the length of the run; I would have hoped for 12 issues from the team.

Between Twilight Children and Art Ops, though, I'm quite enthused. I'm even quite pleased about Lucifer.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Looking forward to Art Ops, New Romancer and Twilight Children. May check out Red Thorn as well.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Twilight Children, Unfollow, Lucifer and Slash & Burn caught my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But . . . some of us may just want to read fun books with guys in capes and tights.

Sort of like comfort food . . . stuff that makes you feel good inside and maybe reminds you of when you were a kid.
    Yeah, I like my escapism, too, but a book by one of the finest creators of all time illustrated by perhaps the finest talent to come along in the past twenty years? It's like saying that Harvey Kurtzman and Jack Kirby are collaborating on a book, but I'd rather read whatever half-assed crossover event editors are trotting out this year, especially if it's inked by Vinnie Colleta.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    My only hesitance is with the length of the run; I would have hoped for 12 issues from the team.

Between Twilight Children and Art Ops, though, I'm quite enthused. I'm even quite pleased about Lucifer.
    I think you have to be practical with that kind of talent, though. You know you're not going to get a monthly ongoing from either Beto or Cooke, so you should be happy that it's a mini because a mini is infinitely better than nothing at all.

I also really looking forward to Last Gang in Town, too. Major fan of Simon Oliver, and in a just world, Rufus Dayglo would be one of the most sought-after artists in comics. He should seriously have Jamie Hewlett money, with or without the cartoon band.

BANNED

If the way in which both FBP and Effigy were ended is any indication of what Vertigo will produce in the future, I'll just spend on Image titles...