All-New Member

Default Frustration and confusion about Justice League 3000 - am I missing something?

Spoilers ahead. ... sorta.
    ≠=============================

So, today I sat myself down to read through the whole, so far, Justice League 3000 and 3001.
    One teensy problem.
    There seems to be a gap between 3000 and 3001.
    Yes, I've read all 15 issues of 3000, but what the heck happens?!
    How did Lois's consciousness get into Ariel?
    What happened with Etrigan's army attacking Camelot Nine?
    How the did Beetle and Booster meet up with the J.L.?
    How did Terry finally end up enprisoned?
    And what about Coeval?
    And what the heck with the lady Guy Gardener??

I just... W T F??!
    Are there issues of 3000 I'm missing somewhere?

Help, please?

You're not missing anything. Although, wasn't the war with Etrigan somewhat resolved before the 3001 relaunch? I could very well be mistaken, as I've been reading the series as it's been released.

In any event, you're up-to-date on Justice League 3000/3001. Giffen will probably gradually fill in some of the plot holes as the series goes on, but for now, try not to think too hard and just enjoy the zaniness.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Incredible Member

3000 and 3001 are the years the books take place. The rest of year 3000 was skipped and we picked up in the year 3001.

All-New Member

[QUOTE=Hawkman;1505753]You're not missing anything. Although, wasn't the war with Etrigan somewhat resolved before the 3001 relaunch? I could very well be mistaken, as I've been reading the series as it's been released.[quote]
    Nuh-uh. Last I saw in 3000 issue 15 is that Fire and Ice suddenly hugged in the middle of battle and went 'we're friends again yay!', the J.L was kicking some demon army butt, and the injustice league broke into the new J.L. HQ with Lois holding up an unconscious looking Ariel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    In any event, you're up-to-date on Justice League 3000/3001. Giffen will probably gradually fill in some of the plot holes as the series goes on, but for now, try not to think too hard and just enjoy the zaniness.
    Whew. That's a relief to hear.
    And I do hope that those plot holes will get filled in. It bugs me when stories leave gaping holes like that. ugghhh.

LOL "Zaniness" is right. If nothing else, I'll say this much. It's definately a different setting than what I'm use to reading, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    3000 and 3001 are the years the books take place. The rest of year 3000 was skipped and we picked up in the year 3001.
    Thank you for letting me know that. (Swear to god, I've been stressing all day thinking that I missed the last few 3000 issues or something but haven't seen them available anywhere, like issues 16+.)
    uuuggghhhhh Omg that is so frustrating, though.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how 3001 plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcfangirl View Post
    Spoilers ahead. ... sorta.
    ≠=============================

So, today I sat myself down to read through the whole, so far, Justice League 3000 and 3001.
    One teensy problem.
    There seems to be a gap between 3000 and 3001.
    Yes, I've read all 15 issues of 3000, but what the heck happens?!
    How did Lois's consciousness get into Ariel?
    What happened with Etrigan's army attacking Camelot Nine?
    How the did Beetle and Booster meet up with the J.L.?
    How did Terry finally end up enprisoned?
    And what about Coeval?
    And what the heck with the lady Guy Gardener??

I just... W T F??!
    Are there issues of 3000 I'm missing somewhere?

Help, please?
    It will all be explained in due time. They just jumped ahead a year to build up mystery and intrigue for everyone and will fill in the gaps as they go along.

Mighty Member

You haven't missed anything. There was a timeskip between JL3000 and JL3001, hence the name change. Giffen said we'll learn about stuff that happened during the gap.

I'm guessing that there was a JL 3000 Annual planned right before Convergence to finish the cliffhanger from #15, but it got canceled.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    I'm guessing that there was a JL 3000 Annual planned right before Convergence to finish the cliffhanger from #15, but it got canceled.
    That sounds pretty logical (and kinda has that feel to it).

In any case, I guess we're just left to wait and watch. See what happens.

An annual might explain things... though I saw it more as a time skip like how tv shows return and everything is changed. Always assumed we would get this explained in flash backs or mentions. Though it is a lot of things that changed since 3000.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Well, the last issue of JL 3000 said to come back in 30 days for the conclusion of that arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    An annual might explain things... though I saw it more as a time skip like how tv shows return and everything is changed. Always assumed we would get this explained in flash backs or mentions. Though it is a lot of things that changed since 3000.
    Pretty much the same way I looked at it, too. I never thought we'd get a single issue trying to explain everything in one go. Rather, I figured the information would be doled out little by little over time.

Who knows how Giffen will actually approach it, though? Either way, I really like the book, and I hope it sticks around for the foreseeable future.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17