Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Is current Juggernaught at the same level as his classic level or higher? Aside from his new immunity to telepathic attacks. Is he as strong as before or as durable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Yep. A Colossonaut mainlining Cyttorak was getting his bones shattered by blows from Kuurth. He only won because of the unstoppable momentum thing.

There's an entire comic devoted to plans of stopping him.

Some of the best were:

Plan #10
    Plan #16 and Plan #24

I seem to remember Emma Frost mind-fragging herself trying to read his mind, as well.
    #24 is my favorite. Because it backfired so badly it made the target MORE dangerous. Like a plan to stop Jason Voorhees giving him chainsaw hands and a jetpack.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    Is current Juggernaught at the same level as his classic level or higher? Aside from his new immunity to telepathic attacks. Is he as strong as before or as durable?
    Like I said in that other thread, current Juggernaut hasn't done anything yet other than no-selling Colossus, Iceman, Pixie, Northstar and Firestar in terms of durability and smacking Colossus across the countryside with a casual punch in terms of strength, breaking several ribs of him in the process and with Pete commenting that he thinks he's even stronger than before.

For me that's good enough to say that he is back to his old heights.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 10-01-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Yep. A Colossonaut mainlining Cyttorak was getting his bones shattered by blows from Kuurth. He only won because of the unstoppable momentum thing.

There's an entire comic devoted to plans of stopping him.

Some of the best were:

Plan #10
    Plan #16 and Plan #24

I seem to remember Emma Frost mind-fragging herself trying to read his mind, as well.
    I've been wanting to read that arc since forever. Is that the one where Cyclops says the (paraphrased) line "Not Plan B. Plan 2. Plan B implies we only have 26 plans."?

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    He was beating the tar out of Colossonaut right?
    This is sadly not as impressive as you might think it to be. Colossus as Juggernaut didn't really do much that I can think of.

(He also had this weird thing where he transformed into Juggernaut and wasn't always that way for some reason, but that's another matter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Miracleman View Post
    Cain hasn't actually done anything to show himself to match the hype yet, but in theory he should be more powerful than ever.

The entire basis of him being re-powered is Colossus convincing Cyttorak that just passing the same power around will never work because his avatars will continue to fail him again and again and that instead he should create a Juggernaut more powerful than any have ever been, to the point that he could even kill Cyttorak, to learn the true meaning of being unstoppable.

Cyttorak took the dare but gave the power to Cain instead of Colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    I've been wanting to read that arc since forever. Is that the one where Cyclops says the (paraphrased) line "Not Plan B. Plan 2. Plan B implies we only have 26 plans."?
    Yeah.

Though the final plan ("Bail us out Magik!!") which resulted in Colossusnaut was terrible, and only had a positive result because Magik decided she wanted to mess with Colossus.

Then again, the only reason they had Illyana in prison at the time was because she let them, so I guess it wasn't entirely unpredictable that she would decide not to screw them over.
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-01-2015 at 03:26 PM.

I like to think that, as evil as she was, Illyria was just capitalizing on the stupidity of Cyclops.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Seems like Superman can't beat anyone these days....

I like to think that, as evil as she was, Illyria was just capitalizing on the stupidity of Cyclops.
    If she wanted to do anything more than just mess with Colossus there was any number of things she could have done, starting with not letting herself be captured and put back to jail several times.

Or taking the Juggernaut power up, and really the possibility of that is why Cyclops' "Bail us out Magik!!" plan was so terrible. Yes you put bombs on her because you can't trust her...and then send her on a mission that if she wants will result in her becoming Juggernaut. Brilliant planning as always, Scott!
    Last edited by Siriel; 10-01-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    Seems like Superman can't beat anyone these days....
    Only due to the fights specifications.. IF BFR was allowed Superman could easily fling him into space.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    If she wanted to do anything more than just mess with Colossus there was any number of things she could have done, starting with not letting herself be captured and put back to jail several times.

Or taking the Juggernaut power up, and really the possibility of that is why Cyclops' "Bail us out Magik!!" plan was so terrible. Yes you put bombs on her because you can't trust her...and then send her on a mission that if she wants will result in her becoming Juggernaut. Brilliant planning as always, Scott!
    To be fair, Cyclops is the pinnacle of brilliant ideas. "The Phoenix is good for us". "Don't question why the super powerful magic woman somehow got captured by us, despite knowing all of our sthicks". "I'm going to lead the X-Men".

He's the best.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

So it this BFR? If Supes hits Jugs so hard it knocks him into the ground about 100 ft down and it takes Jugs more than 10 sec to get back up - that would be a count out. A deliberate sky toss is BFR but is a downward hit on the head that propels him into the dirt deep not count? Do you have to pull your punch to avoid that?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    So it this BFR? If Supes hits Jugs so hard it knocks him into the ground about 100 ft down and it takes Jugs more than 10 sec to get back up - that would be a count out. A deliberate sky toss is BFR but is a downward hit on the head that propels him into the dirt deep not count? Do you have to pull your punch to avoid that?
    He can come back under his own power and isn't rendered immobile by that.

So...PC Superman vs Juggerkuurth? Could PC Supes put the hurt on him?

If not; what about Superman One Million?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

So...PC Superman vs Juggerkuurth? Could PC Supes put the hurt on him?
    Honestly, given how he is extremely weaksauce against magic and seeing how Kuurth is projecting powerful as hell magical lightnings as soon as you touch him....I'd say the Silver Age Boyscout is toast.

If not; what about Superman One Million?
    Don't know enough about him to comment.

"The Phoenix is good for us".
    No matter how many times you repeat it, yeah, it was, it brought back the X-Gen and wasn't hostile towards earth before the Avengers attacked it.

"I'm going to lead the X-Men".
    Did a far better job than Xavier, that's certain.

This is sadly not as impressive as you might think it to be. Colossus as Juggernaut didn't really do much that I can think of.
    He was often not very impressive, yeha, but that was because of him fighting the temptation.
    When he got bloodlusted, he was absolutely terryfing, just ask Rulk.
    And I'm pretty sure that he was bloodlusted against Kuurth too, given his inner monologue how he hears the screams of innocents and doesn't care.

EDIT: Honestly, the X-Men are such poor ass fellas. After finally having overcome that stupid Decimation thing, it seems Marvel is now pulling the same crap again just because they want to wank the Inhumans as the new flagship.