Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Gods can change their minds, too!

Or be poorly written, I suppose.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Cyttorak is really a weird dude.
    He takes away Cain's power because he stops being a villain, but when Colossus becomes the Juggernaut he says that a hero is a far better host because they can cause far more destruction and get away with it.
    It's not about getting away with it, it's about how often they wrecked stuff.

Juggernaut only did things like twice a year as a villain, and when he became not-a-villain he stopped wrecking things.

Colossusnaut did giant colossal damage all the time as a hero, and at the time he demanded to be freed was one of the Phoenix Five and basically waging war over the entire world.

Cyttorak's problem with Cain has always been that the guy lacked motivation, which is why he was so happy with Kuurth until Magik pointed out that the destruction wasn't being done in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Cyttorak's problem with Cain has always been that the guy lacked motivation, which is why he was so happy with Kuurth until Magik pointed out that the destruction wasn't being done in his name.
    Good dad Cyttorak just wants Cain to have some ambition for once, and to stop lounging around the basement doing nothing but play videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It's not about getting away with it, it's about how often they wrecked stuff.

Juggernaut only did things like twice a year as a villain, and when he became not-a-villain he stopped wrecking things.

Colossusnaut did giant colossal damage all the time as a hero, and at the time he demanded to be freed was one of the Phoenix Five and basically waging war over the entire world.

Yeah, but now that you mention it, him being outraged by Cain serving the Serpent and him being okay with Colossus serving the Phoenix is also quite nonsensical. I mean, where is the difference? His goals shouldn't be too different from the Serpent's too.
    Hell, Pete with the Phoenix Force was trying to help the world at first, while Cain was wreaking untold destruction from the start.

Can't we just agree that Cyttorak is a very, very, old entity, thus senile?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Yeah, but now that you mention it, him being outraged by Cain serving the Serpent and him being okay with Colossus serving the Phoenix is also quite nonsensical. I mean, where is the difference? His goals shouldn't be too different from the Serpent's too.
    Hell, Pete with the Phoenix Force was trying to help the world at first, while Cain was wreaking untold destruction from the start.
    So what's the deal with the phoenix force anyway? Is it good, bad?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Maybe Odin was lending his pal some of his Amnesia Dust!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So what's the deal with the phoenix force anyway? Is it good, bad?
    It is, like Galactus, above such mortal concerns.
    It's primary goal is to serve evolution.

If that means destroying dozens of inhabited worlds whose species have reached an evolutionary dead end, so be it.
    But on the other hand, it also helps species who have the potential to be more, like the mutants in this case.

It's both a Force of Life and Death, as well as Resurrection.

Hell, Pete with the Phoenix Force was trying to help the world at first,
    The difference is that Cain was leaving around glyphs hailing the Serpent and chanting about how great the guy was due to mindcontrol (meaning Cyttorak had literally no influence on the matter), while Phoenix-Colossus was still Colossus so his actions were still that of Cyttorak's avatar.

And he specifically points out that the Phoenix will inevitably lead to destruction so he's willing to endure a little while.

while Cain was wreaking untold destruction from the start.
    Cain wrecked very told destruction a few times per year. Colossus fought all the time.

Cain wrecked very told destruction a few times per year. Colossus fought all the time.
    I was talking about Kuurth specifically here.

I was talking about Kuurth specifically here.
    Yeah he was super happy about Kuurth. His problem was the whole "HAIL THE SERPENT" mind-control.

Also the Phoenix is a force of nature, not a god/demon, so it's not a competitor.

If that means destroying dozens of inhabited worlds whose species have reached an evolutionary dead end, so be it.
    But on the other hand, it also helps species who have the potential to be more, like the mutants in this case.

Enough with the rhetoric there, Cyclops.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Meaning its alignment is whatever decides it should be.

Most of the time it blows up stuff (planets) because it's a cosmic fire bird.

Other times it gives life in cosmic ways.

Another important aspect of the Force is wheter it has a host or not.
    If not, it typically only tends to fullfill it's prupose.
    If it has a host, it can be used as a force of Good, though it strongly depends on the mental stability of the host and can snap pretty quickly, as it amplifies emotion and dark desires.

Rachel Grey for example has used the Phoenix for years and nothing bad happened.

Another important aspect of the Force is wheter it has a host or not.
    If not, it typically only tends to fullfill it's prupose.
    If it has a host, it can be used as a force of Good, though it strongly depends on the mental stability of the host and can snap pretty quickly, as it amplifies emotion and dark desires.

Rachel Grey for example has used the Phoenix for years and nothing bad happened.
    Speaking of Phoenix force and a member of the Grey family, what happened to Jean Grey?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral