Spectacular Member

Default The best Superman stories

So, at 48, after a drought of 30 years, I've jumped back into comics again. I'm a huge DC fan, especially regarding elements of the Golden Age. Superman has always been my favorite, but one thing that always got me was that I struggle to recall a great Superman story. There are tons of great Batman tales, but its hard for me to think of a Dark Knight Returns level of Superman.

The character has been revamped so often since the late-80s its a shame.

So can anyone recommend or have a list of their best Superman stories?

Cheers,
    Brad

Spectacular Member

Ugh, just noticed the sticky thread at the top of the page. Please feel free to answer here, but I think I found a few of my answers.

Quote Originally Posted by bholderman View Post
    So, at 48, after a drought of 30 years, I've jumped back into comics again. I'm a huge DC fan, especially regarding elements of the Golden Age. Superman has always been my favorite, but one thing that always got me was that I struggle to recall a great Superman story. There are tons of great Batman tales, but its hard for me to think of a Dark Knight Returns level of Superman.
    Cheers,
    Brad
    Alan Moore and Joe Casey wrote some Superman stories on the level of Dark Knight.

But look, the reason why people know so many great Batman stories is because they promote them and talk about them nonstop.

Most of the so-called "DC fanboys" never even read Superman comics.

supermanhomepage.com is the best Superman comics site on the internet, it reviews every issue of Superman comics I'm sure you'll find something there. Or I can recommend you some when I have more itme