Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Endgame Special + Batman and Robin Eternal Preview is now on Comixology for free

https://www.comixology.com/Batman-20...l-comic/287070

Most of the preview is stuff we've seen from interviews, etc. Daniel's artwork is spectacular. Unfortunately, the scene with Dick in the snow is probably a flash forward, and will take 25 issues before getting there, and learning about Bruce's secret.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    https://www.comixology.com/Batman-20...l-comic/287070

Most of the preview is stuff we've seen from interviews, etc. Daniel's artwork is spectacular. Unfortunately, the scene with Dick in the snow is probably a flash forward, and will take 25 issues before getting there, and learning about Bruce's secret.
    Thx for the heads up. I just read it. What a tease. What's the secret? Man I can't wait for this to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by OWL45 View Post
    Thx for the heads up. I just read it. What a tease. What's the secret? Man I can't wait for this to hit.
    To be revealed in Issue #25! By Cluemaster!

Omg! Bruce killed Dicks parents!!!

Seriously though this seemed rather dramatic. Please tell me this isn't gonna be more death of the family, "Bruce how could u", drama.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-26-2015 at 12:27 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Omg! Bruce killed Dicks parents!!!

Seriously though this seemed rather dramatic. Please tell me this isn't gonna be more death of the family, "Bruce how could u", drama.
    Ya...it seems like something huge. The whole joker knowing their identities was big but not origin altering. This seems like it could potentially be seismic.This is going to be a big year for Dick Grayson.

Bruce is Dick's father! (And also a good 10 years older than previously though)

Seriously, what revelations could there be about Dick's origin now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Bruce is Dick's father! (And also a good 10 years older than previously though)

Seriously, what revelations could there be about Dick's origin now?
    Beats the heck out of me but theirs something big.

My guess is Dick was scouted to be an assassin for a super secret organization that used Haly's circus as a scouting grounds. Oh, wait a minute...

Maybe the secret is that the man who killed his parents has been alive all along and.... wait.

BANNED

The more I hear about this the less excited I get,Snyder and Tynion should not have been head writers for this one imo,they had their chance with Batman Eternal, they're just repeating the same cliches they're well known for. Secrets from the past,some event from the past, hidden conspiracies building up for years, Harper Row shoehorned while other superior characters get a side role or no role,it's every other Snyder story. I'm getting Higgins era deja vu and that's not a good thing.

The only thing I would find interesting would be, that Dick's parents had a larger connection to the Court if the Grayson family is really important for the them.

I don't like that this is the "mistrust" between Bruce and Dick, Tynion has spoken about. It's something the other writers cannot ignore.

It'll probably end with Dick finding out that Bruce kept this secret from him to protect him. Basically the ending to Court of Owls, but from Dick's POV.

Incredible Member

NGL, if this is what they're giving us to ask us to give them our money... kind of offended. Oh Bruce is keeping secrets? How interesting! I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

I still just hate how they're tying Dick down into Gotham/Bruce. It reduces him as a character and I don't see how it can be interesting.

That said, Tony Daniels young Dick is so cute.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    NGL, if this is what they're giving us to ask us to give them our money... kind of offended. Oh Bruce is keeping secrets? How interesting! I can't wait to see how this one turns out!

I still just hate how they're tying Dick down into Gotham/Bruce. It reduces him as a character and I don't see how it can be interesting.

That said, Tony Daniels young Dick is so cute.
    ... would you like to rephrase that?
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent MM View Post
    ... would you like to rephrase that?
    Good point. Tony Daniels little Dick is so cute.