Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vs. Avengers movies.

Isn't LOEG the same movie as the Avengers, with a better plot? Don't get me wrong, I like Avengers more. They seem very similar.

Ultimate Member

Very much so. Nemo and Thor are all but clones of one another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by doc chaos View Post
    Isn't LOEG the same movie as the Avengers, with a better plot? Don't get me wrong, I like Avengers more. They seem very similar.
    In what way do they seem similar?

Amazing Member

Hulk and Hyde, Sawyer and Hawkeye, Cap and Quatermain, both men out of time, Helicarrier and Nautilus heavily damaged,Nemo and Stark both have cutting edge technology.
    That's how I feel.

BANNED

Hulk and Hyde, Sawyer and Hawkeye, Cap and Quatermain, both men out of time, Helicarrier and Nautilus heavily damaged,Nemo and Stark both have cutting edge technology.
    That's how I feel.
    That's some seriously superficial commonalities. Well, the comicbook Hulk actually is based on the Jeckyll/Hyde story, but Sawyer doesn't use a bow, Quartermain isn't a man out of time, and Nemo is a villain and a terrorist.

And when does any vehicle in an action film ever not get heavily damaged?

Also, no actual plot similarities.
    Now, if the League would have fought a fleet of alien invaders lead by Nemo's brother...
    Last edited by Carabas; 09-27-2015 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

That's how I feel.
    You mean, the characters on both teams more or less line up in some way? Because the things happening in the movies aren't anything alike.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Two action movies having a smart guy, a big guy, and a special expensive fortress that gets attacked isn't really much. I mean, Star Wars fits those, too. Con Air fits those.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Lxg sucked ass. I wanted to punch nemo's driver when he said his line.

BANNED

The aren't any more similar than any other two randomly chosen big budget action movies, most of which use the same fundamental template/formula on some level.

Amazing Member

Maybe I'm over thinking this. But Quatermain reps a whole continent. They even had a red Hulk moment! This passed through my mind way before Avengers came out. I liked it for what it was. A grouping of late 1800 literary heroes vs the best villian of the time.

BANNED

Maybe I'm over thinking this. But Quatermain reps a whole continent. They even had a red Hulk moment! This passed through my mind way before Avengers came out. I liked it for what it was. A grouping of late 1800 literary heroes vs the best villian of the time.
    Quatermain does what?
    And what is a red Hulk moment?

BANNED

This statement could be made to compare ANY two movies, TV Shows, Books, Comics, Coffees, Danish, etc...

It's a non-discussable statement, due to its being so broad and vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sawyer doesn't use a bow, Quartermain isn't a man out of time,
    Not that I necessarily agree 100% with the OP's premise, but Sawyer and Hawkeye are both sarcastic, a little headstrong, but brave action types (whereas the others on both teams are sufficiently different enough in personality). I also don't remember much about LXG the movie, but the books themselves have Quartermain struggling with his place as an older man from a bygone era struggling with the "modern" world, in a sense like Cap.

That's the best I can do with the matchups, though.

Oh, and Ishmael = Phil Coulson (again, superficially)

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Not that I necessarily agree 100% with the OP's premise, but Sawyer and Hawkeye are both sarcastic, a little headstrong, but brave action types
    Was Hawkeye sarcastic or even very headstrong in the Avengers movie? Mostly he was just brainwashed and quiet. And in the sequel, he's a close-to-the-vest family man.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

*double post, sorry*
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-28-2015 at 10:10 AM.