Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default General Purpose Anime/Manga Algorithms Thread

As we are all aware, anime and manga feats sometimes require the reciting of a long algorithm to point out the growth of characters over time.

"X was blitzed by Y when they first met but, after training with Z, he blitzes Y. However, upon meeting T, X gets totally blitzed again," and so forth.

This is a general purpose thread to allow people to have a handy record of particularly long and involved algorithms. I intend to repost my recurrent Hokuto no Ken speed breakdown and other such things if I can find them on my computer.

As is board standard, no linking to calcs or breakdowns created on other sites. Do your own homework. Hopefully this will prove to be useful as the board continues to regenerate.

Things Nik Hasta has made

- Getbackers series speed breakdown.

- Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken series speed breakdown.

- Saitama/One Punch Man Speed Breakdown, version 1.0. and Version 2.0, more focusing on the series at large, more up to date, better research. Also, my work on calculating on the geometric light construct feat added here.

- Breakdown of the meaning of Planck Time and small time increments in comparison to light speed.

- Kimetsu no Yaiba - Speed breakdown.

- Monkey D. Luffy - Gauging his strength across the timeskip.

- Trigun Speed Breakdown.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-27-2022 at 05:26 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hmmmm interesting.

i might do a post for noblesse, once this headache clears up.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm. I am tempted to put in some stuff for Fairy Tail.

Research is required!

Well, according to the Boruto the Movie special, Himawari can speed-blitz and oneshot Naruto, who is equal to Sasuke, and they're stronger than Kaguya who is supposedly stronger than Madara, who is stronger than everyone else on the planet.

So Naruto's not even an academy student daughter is strongest and fastest in the Naruto word.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, according to the Boruto the Movie special, Himawari can speed-blitz and oneshot Naruto, who is equal to Sasuke, and they're stronger than Kaguya who is supposedly stronger than Madara, who is stronger than everyone else on the planet.

So Naruto's not even an academy student daughter is strongest and fastest in the Naruto word.
    Maybe we should stick to just listing feats for the sake of information and not as a unveild complaint about a feat that occurred for comedic purposes that some people really just should let go.

Does that sound like good idea so that everybody can enjoy themselves in this thread?

Yes, I concur.

Dog, I am the OP in here, so kindly take your beef with Naruto as a franchise elsewhere.

Extraordinary Member

Question. Is this thread only for speed feats or can we go through other abilities/stats as well?

Because I am considering what the Natsu blows stuff up algorithm looks like.

I was primarily thinking it of being a place for physical stuff that relies on the algorithm to contextualise it.

I'm not sure what a "blows stuff up," algorithm would look like. Surely we can just see that he blows up bigger stuff as it goes on. I mean, maybe you could use it for a durability algorithm to illustrate why Natsu blowing up a specific thing is so impressive.

Like...

"This shield took character X doing this, character Y doing this and even character V doing this and then Natsu blew it up,"

But, I mean, if you think you have something interesting to lay out then go for it!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I'm mildly confused as to the objective of this thread. I get it's intended as a reference for anime characters, but is this for power rankings between series in terms of fights, or are you looking for something more concrete?

EDIT: Okay, I guess your last post sort of answers that. Sort of "character X can do something, based on stuff other characters can or can't do, that character X can overcome."

It's for contextual stuff that is common to anime/manga. Things with a backlog of context.

Because, with speed for example, one flash-step looks like another but the speeds can actually differ.

If I can find/summon the will to replicate my Hokuto no Ken breakdown, that should make things clear.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's for contextual stuff that is common to anime/manga. Things with a backlog of context.

Because, with speed for example, one flash-step looks like another but the speeds can actually differ.

If I can find/summon the will to replicate my Hokuto no Ken breakdown, that should make things clear.
    Oh, okay. So, both Ichigo and Naruto can do the flash-step thing, but you want to know whose flashstep is faster.

Sounds good. Would like to contribute, but I'm realizing how out long of the loop I am with anime and manga. Trying to remember stuff from when I was into it. If I can contribute something, I'll give it a whack, though.

Ok, well, The Destroyer (A cosmic entity that destroyed an INFINITE amount of battlefields in only a millennia) dissolved an attack from the Big Bang Generator (You can kind of guess what it does). then Vlad Balazs defeats Destroyer with his Golden Scepter. After that, D pimps in and beats Vlad, because D is D and he does D things like that.

If Nik doesn't wish to, I think that I'll try tackling Mushibugyou and quantifying its cast's physical and destructive feats.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryAce View Post
    Ok, well, The Destroyer (A cosmic entity that destroyed an INFINITE amount of battlefields in only a millennia) dissolved an attack from the Big Bang Generator (You can kind of guess what it does). then Vlad Balazs defeats Destroyer with his Golden Scepter. After that, D pimps in and beats Vlad, because D is D and he does D things like that.
    So in conclusion D>Infinity?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    If Nik doesn't wish to, I think that I'll try tackling Mushibugyou and quantifying its cast's physical and destructive feats.
    Go for it man!

Mushibugyo needs more love.