Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default General Purpose Anime/Manga Algorithms Thread

As we are all aware, anime and manga feats sometimes require the reciting of a long algorithm to point out the growth of characters over time.

"X was blitzed by Y when they first met but, after training with Z, he blitzes Y. However, upon meeting T, X gets totally blitzed again," and so forth.

This is a general purpose thread to allow people to have a handy record of particularly long and involved algorithms. I intend to repost my recurrent Hokuto no Ken speed breakdown and other such things if I can find them on my computer.

As is board standard, no linking to calcs or breakdowns created on other sites. Do your own homework. Hopefully this will prove to be useful as the board continues to regenerate.

Things Nik Hasta has made

- Getbackers series speed breakdown.

- Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken series speed breakdown.

- Saitama/One Punch Man Speed Breakdown, version 1.0. and Version 2.0, more focusing on the series at large, more up to date, better research. Also, my work on calculating on the geometric light construct feat added here.

- Breakdown of the meaning of Planck Time and small time increments in comparison to light speed.

- Kimetsu no Yaiba - Speed breakdown.

- Monkey D. Luffy - Gauging his strength across the timeskip.

- Trigun Speed Breakdown.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-27-2022 at 05:26 AM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hmmmm interesting.

i might do a post for noblesse, once this headache clears up.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm. I am tempted to put in some stuff for Fairy Tail.

Research is required!

Well, according to the Boruto the Movie special, Himawari can speed-blitz and oneshot Naruto, who is equal to Sasuke, and they're stronger than Kaguya who is supposedly stronger than Madara, who is stronger than everyone else on the planet.

So Naruto's not even an academy student daughter is strongest and fastest in the Naruto word.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, according to the Boruto the Movie special, Himawari can speed-blitz and oneshot Naruto, who is equal to Sasuke, and they're stronger than Kaguya who is supposedly stronger than Madara, who is stronger than everyone else on the planet.

So Naruto's not even an academy student daughter is strongest and fastest in the Naruto word.
    Maybe we should stick to just listing feats for the sake of information and not as a unveild complaint about a feat that occurred for comedic purposes that some people really just should let go.

Does that sound like good idea so that everybody can enjoy themselves in this thread?

Yes, I concur.

Dog, I am the OP in here, so kindly take your beef with Naruto as a franchise elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    As we are all aware, anime and manga feats sometimes require the reciting of a long algorithm to point out the growth of characters over time.

"X was blitzed by Y when they first met but, after training with Z, he blitzes Y. However, upon meeting T, X gets totally blitzed again," and so forth.

This is a general purpose thread to allow people to have a handy record of particularly long and involved algorithms. I intend to repost my recurrent Hokuto no Ken speed breakdown and other such things if I can find them on my computer.

As is board standard, no linking to calcs or breakdowns created on other sites. Do your own homework. Hopefully this will prove to be useful as the board continues to regenerate.
    Good idea for a thread Nik.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

So to open my posting, here's a speed breakdown for Getbackers focusing primarily on Ban Midou that I made a little while back.

Things To Note:

- Getbackers has a big and complicated speed algorithm, it's right up there with Hokuto no Ken and Dragonball in terms of people just apparently randomly jumping speed by insane degrees, so the cast - Ban included - are all really quick. Definitely massively multimach by the end, potentially in the hundreds of mach, but I don't have the number crunching for that.
    - A lot of Getbackers takes place inside Mugenjou (Infinity Fortress) a place that is part virtual reality, part real life, part quantum computing, part magic and reality gets really weird in there. This means a bunch feats have an assload of context to them. Getbackers likes to throw around ideas like they are going out of style and some things may come with longwinded explanations. Furthermore, Getbackers likes to reference real world science for some stuff (notably black holes, the speed of light and so forth) but if you actually follow through with the science then things stop making any kind of sense, so we need to look at the stuff that actually happens, not the "science" explanations. I'm looking at you Masaki.
    - In a manner not too dissimilar to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, a lot of people's powers have rules and gimicks that make them tricky to use/counter/analyse.

So, with that said, let's get into Ban.

By series end, Ban is arguably in the top five most powerful characters in the series and as one half of the leading pair, he's got a shitload of feats.

For starters, I'll bust out the absolute minimum in terms of speed for Ban. This is unamped, beginning of series, clearly dicking around Ban so this the minimum he can do.

Context: In the third arc of the manga, Ban and company return to Infinity Fortress and are confronted by Ayame the Spider who has zero G metal bones and hair. He is sitting on a girder some distance above Ban and cuts him on the cheek, Ban then decides to play with him.

Pretty self-explanatory, Ban nips up whomps Ayame in the chops and returns to the same spot without even appearing to move. That's the lowest level of effort him and it's pretty ridiculous and he gets way faster than that.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-27-2015 at 03:58 PM.

When fighting Dokubachi of the Karuido Clan - who is a living colony of killer bees (don't ask) who can take on human form and has the kind of ridiculous stats were he treats the previously shown level for Ban as little more than a speedbump - Ban attacks, their attacks (apparently just one punch each) just seem to clash and then Ban falls over injured. Dokubachi then notes that Ban had attacked him 12 times in less than 0.1 of a second while simultaneously deflecting Dokubachi's own attacks in turn in a such a way that he didn't get poisoned.

Dokubachi then proceeds to bop him something fierce and Ban summons the power of the Serpent.

As noted in the scan, he not only blocks all of Dokubachi's attacks but he's now launching 32 different attacks in less than 0.1 of a second, so we're already getting pretty damn fast.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-27-2015 at 03:51 PM.

I'm at work right now, so I can't post scans very easily, so I'll do some text stuff at least.

So... when we last left Ban, in terms of speed at least he was on the level of fun afterimage tricks at base form - in fact, there's a fun one from his low level I forgot to post. Ban is fighting some of MakubeX's "dolls", "dolls" being people that he has taken over with his magical internet powers to grant enhanced speed, strength and durability. One of them tries to cut off Ban's head from behind, here's the result:

Plus we touched on how him being serious and using the power of the serpent has him throwing out tens of attacks in less than 0.1 of a second while blocking attacks coming his way.

So, in the final arc of the manga, which actually takes up like an entire quarter of the series, Ban and Ginji head to Beltline inside Infinity Fortress.

Essentially, Infinity Fortress is divided into three sections - Lower Town, Beltline and Babylon City. The higher you go, the more crazy powerful the residents there become.

So, Ban and co arrive in Beltline and let's see how he did against someone who was literally described as a scrub by Beltline standards:

So that would be Ban getting blitzed and slammed through three solid stone walkways before he can even do anything. And Yuuri, the guy who did it, is literally a non-entity not only in terms of Beltline but also in terms of where Ban ends up.

Like I said, the speed algorithm is long and complex.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 01/08/18: Having done a better reread, the interpretation that was here was a bit incorrect as I misread some key events. I'll be doing a rewrite elsewhere.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 08-01-2018 at 05:20 AM.

So, clearly, that breakdown is by no means complete but it's a handy little resource to have close to hand.

Also, thank you Guy. Hopefully this will be useful to people so they don't have to complex searches to find stuff they worked on before.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Fokkin' 'ell GetBackers got ridiculous. o_O

Been a long time since I have done something like this.

Saint Seiya

As a manga verse Saint Seiya is near the top. Mainly because of the high tiers are FTL bricks and stuff, but let's take it from the very beginning here. I'm going to focus on the speed here.

-First, we start with Cassius who is huge, strong, and completely brutal. He has been Seiya's bully for ten years and wants to kill him. Seiya utterly monsters him without even giving him a change to do anything at all.

-Later, he fights Cassius' masters who proceed to kick his ass and tells him she can count every single one of his eighty five punches per second. Only after getting his cloth is he able to surpass her speed by breaking the speed of sound with his punches. According to others, he's punching at least 100 times per second.

-After this, Seiya is shown doing stuff like trading punches with a guy in front of a crowd of reporters so fast the reporters can't see a thing. Then a big ass crater appears on the wall behind the guy he was fighting as he leaves, said guy had no clue how that happened and concludes Seiya was punching too fast for him to see (even faster than the speed of sound). He also kicks a guy dozens of times even though the audience only sees him hit once.

-Eventually Seiya ends up fighting Shiryu, the Dragon Saint. Shiryu is badass. Shiryu casually blocks every single one of his punches like it's not big deal. Later on, Shiryu shows that even without his cloth he can distinguish Seiya's supersonic punches and lectures him on the fact that only a few of the 100 punches are actually breaking the sound barrier (as an aside it also means Seiya can now throw said punches without his cloth).

-At this point Seiya starts powering up mid-fight because that's how Seiya rolls. He starts getting faster to the point Shiryu can't see some of his punches. Seiya then reveals to Shiryu he has spotted the weakness of his ultimate attack. While using it Shiryu leaves himself open for all of 1/1000th of a second. Seiya then proceeds to wait for Shiryu to show that opening and punches him within that time frame. All of that during a thousandth of a second. As an aside a Seiya who is about to faint from blood loss then delivers a punch just as strong to Shiryu again to reactive his heart.

And I'm going to leave it like this for now since it covers this introductory arc.
    Last edited by Hazard; 09-30-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile